• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 v Western Something-or-other

style_cafe

The first half was mind numbingly boring.
Birras was worth his weight in gold throughout
I hope Miller progresses well but he got schooled tonight.Had some good moments too but not in Sainsbury class atm.
Good to see Nizzy get a run and he didn`t put a foot wrong.
Kye Rowles is class
Staj out manouvered Rudan.

I think our Albanian friend was a little bit pissed when the gaffer hooked him.
Probably helped us immensly by being taken off.

midfielder

Dilemma ... assume Duric and Jair to start.... who do you drop.

For me Clisby is dropped from left back with Rowles moved to left back and CG as the new centre back... moving CG allows Duric in ...

Stensness dropped with Jair up from...

Back... Millar, Ziggy, CG, Rowles

Def Mids... Kim and Duric

Att mids and wingers... Oar, DDS, Silvera

Striker ... Jair

true believer

Dilemma ... assume Duric and Jair to start.... who do you drop.

For me Clisby is dropped from left back with Rowles moved to left back and CG as the new centre back... moving CG allows Duric in ...

Stensness dropped with Jair up from...

Back... Millar, Ziggy, CG, Rowles

Def Mids... Kim and Duric

Att mids and wingers... Oar, DDS, Silvera

Striker ... Jair
rowles at cb is a monster for us .
i don't think staj will be dropping stensness either as he carries so much of our defensive work load.

as for the team v the roar .
you gotta watch what they do staj will have a different plan , again

style_cafe

what game were you watching ? miller ,up against pain was a clear decision for the kid
From where I was sitting (eastern stand) Millers first half was fairly average and considering the step up and the nerves etc I’m ok with that.The second half though he was targeted and the majority of their attack came down his side which resulted in crosses and dribbling inside.Pain was quiet in the first half but whoever they had in the second continually got past him..Don’t get me wrong, he’s a decent player and hopefully he learns a lot from the experience .one run he made forward beating 3-4 players was top class bot not mom standard yet.

FFC Mariner

I was very impressed with Kim. I thought he bossed our midfield during the 2nd dig and settled us down when we looked like we were getting flustered. Tommy Oar steered our ship well (sorry, I couldn't resist that one) and Sammy worked hard and tackled well on occasions.
Staj is going to have a big problem during the week: who makes way for Milan? I don't think anyone deserves to be dropped after this effort, massive.
Stens

Blackadder

Well got the win despite looking like hot trash in the first half, and only still in the game thanks to Birraz.
Second half looked better, so credit to whatever Staj said to them in the sheds.
Nice to have the bounce of the Ball go the way of the Mariners for a change , but can't rely on that all season.

Tevor

The first half was mind numbingly boring.
Birras was worth his weight in gold throughout
I hope Miller progresses well but he got schooled tonight.Had some good moments too but not in Sainsbury class atm.
Good to see Nizzy get a run and he didn`t put a foot wrong.
Kye Rowles is class
Staj out manouvered Rudan.

I think our Albanian friend was a little bit pissed when the gaffer hooked him.
Probably helped us immensly by being taken off.
I've watched quite a lot of WU's games and they are always more slower / boring games than the average HAL game IMO especially after City ran them around in about Rd 4 and showed their weakness with pace. They are third for most fouls and second for YC's and you only had to see how much holding they got away with last night to keep our faster players under check. They should have had twice the amount of free kicks against them last night.

Rudan complaining about missed pens, really mate I would be more worried about the two point blank misses and if you need to rely on 50/50 pens to win or keep you in a game then you are really clutching at straws. I'd expect their older players to really struggle come Jan/Feb/March when the humidity steps up a gear, they got off to a flyer however now teams are working them out. I was actually a little worried when Staj come out and said I know their vulnerabilities, at least Staj got the win to back up his statement all be it with some luck but we deserve some.

Kit, as expected the crowd really got behind the team last night when they needed it and it was great to be part of. Birraz was my MOM and it was really nice to see how much that clean sheet meant to him he was ecstatic at the end of the match. Would be good to see him settle down with us for a few more years and get first team action and then look to go overseas again. We are a perfect match for him I feel.

I'll give it to Staj he has certainly picked and is getting the best out of the young players, Silvera and now Miller stepping up well. Curious about Roberts now.

turbo

Pain was rubbish.
I don't think the back 3 suits him. Too often takes him away from where he needs to be to make the runs we expect from him.

Nice to have the bounce of the Ball go the way of the Mariners for a change , but can't rely on that all season.
We've been the team in WU's situation plenty of times over recent years and even earlier in the season so I won't knock back a bit of luck. You still have to put yourself in the position to benefit from a call or score a lucky goal and have it make a difference and we did that. The first half was a cagey affair and we did well to turn ourselves around off two poor losses. We can build from that and adjust incrementally depending on the opposition threats. We did the right thing in mostly neutralising their ability to shoot from outside the box.

Michael

I think the reason Stens didn’t have another great game was because he was the one given the box to box role because we didn’t play with a 10. He did okay, but is 100% a natural “water carrier” as some coaches call it. The holder who just keeps the ball ticking over with short passes. The busquets role.
If we continue with that I think he will be the one dropped for Milan.
But again, he doesn’t deserve to be. What a situation to finally have again!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami