Rd 7 v Western Something-or-other

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by priorpeter, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Coastalraider

Coastalraider Well-Known Member

It was beautiful footage on the telecast...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

You are not alone. Berisha is the HAL's pantomime villain

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Birra is giving Milan a real run at signing of the season, perhaps snuck ahead after last night. Even in the two 3-1 losses he was brilliant and single handed kept it from being more despite the shit show in front of him.
    Nevertheless, absolutely chuffed with yesterday’s reaction. Polar opposite efforts in each half which I kind of believe was staj’s plan to an extent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Justin Cooney

Justin Cooney Active Member

How good was it hahaha, the WHOLE of bay 16 let him have it hahahahaha

5. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Bays 4&5 were pumping as well. A guy in a white Mariners shirt was razzing everyone up.

And it was sweet to give it to Rudan about Mel McLaughlan.

• Like Like x 7
  6. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

Always thought you a top bloke woz .
    I was talking to len in the stands just before the 2nd half .bershea and the italian were going off at halfway at each other .
    Snap gene runs strong in that group of players .

7. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Agree. Western stand was great too. Made up for the lack of noise from 16

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Elite

Elite Active Member

Saw that bloke firing everyone up from the other side of the stadium. What a legend! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 3
  9. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

Wonder how long it'll be until your bait is taken. Your putting in a stellar effort for not much in return.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

We were in bay 7 and he even got our bay going. I think he has sat near us before and he offers some great commentary.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Patience young skywalker :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Seen plenty of players pissed off at being subbed. But that was next level. Absolutely murderous. One day he's gonna retire and find a nice little bell tower to settle down in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

He had every right to be hooked. Just before that he missed the open goal and a free header on the six yard line that went straight to Birraz.

By the way there are some salty Jets fans that we have Birraz and that he is playing so well while they have two “bench goalkeepers”

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

They were happy when Moss was on fire and we had Kennedy. Moss 100% kept them in the game for their WU win, would have been a loss without some very good saves..

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

If Berisha wants to defect to CCM...

[cue the disagree responses hehe]

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

People were ready to throw Murray under the bus for missing worse chances than he did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

It was my First game of the season for me because of the 6pm start my missus could make it after work and she loves Berisha.

When he got subbed she was as pissed off as him. Everyone was giving him heaps and she wanted to stand up and tell everyone off :piralaugh: She thought better of it

I actually was surprised he was hooked because he at least was part of two chances when they hadn’t had any. Appiahs pass was behind him although I think he ran to close to birra so i blame him over Appiah.

The header was not great but he suddenly had two chances in 5 mins then got the hook

18. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

I enjoyed my first game in a long time. Crowd lifted at the end when the boys needed our help

We are pretty weak attacking team but Staj has us alot lot better setup defensively. We had some moments where WU could of scored but we dug in and it was more WU earning a good shot than our poor mistakes like previous seasons.

A long way to go but this team has fight. If nothing else that’s a great start and i can watch an under skilled team compete.

Give us diamente (his skill was far beyond anything we have) and Tolavanin and we’d be breaking SFC records. Just need some thrust up front now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2