• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 v Western Something-or-other

nebakke

f**king A... A win and a clean sheet and were back in the six! What a ride this season is.
Birraz has been worth every cent though, as this point my player of the season, in spite of Duric' performance - who'd've thought!?
C'mon you YELLOW!!! :overheadl::fireup:

turbo

I stayed back for the walk around and there’s still traffic in the car park. Is this what happens when people don’t leave 10 mins early? :D

turbo

I’m torn on Birraz or Ziggy for my MOTM both had some big moments that kept the clean sheet. But hard to deny the efforts of everyone else out there too. Nice problem to have.

MrCelery

Ugly win, but hey, we're top 6! :overheadl::overheadl::overheadl:

Tip my hat to Birraz. Saved us. Congrats on the clean sheet (at last).

Silvera continues to impress. Continually hacked, but keeps going.

Nice debut from Miller. Reminds me a bit of Sainsbury.

Congrats to the defence for keeping the Mad Albanian quiet.

Love seeing Victory so low on the table. How the mighty have fallen!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He's the worst diver since sackwhack and the refs seem wise to it. He's getting nothing now. WU were all around the ref every time he went over
oh, you're on that bandwagon? What crap, I've never seen him dive. He knows how to turn his body to draw fouls, but Silvera ain't a diver.

Tevor

I bet by the end if the year Silvera will have had the most yellow cards earned against him. Was it three tonight almost the entire back line hacked him down.

Michael

The goal was some crazy kind of luck. And I was shocked they didn’t throw a penalty at us for Ziggys “handball” (not saying it was at all) but we deserve this kind of luck sometimes. I mean how often will Kone miss those point black volleys?
I’d give Lewis MOTM, he really is a fullback in my eyes now. Was excellent. His spot to lose. Ziggy had his most consistently solid match so far too. I do think Fox deserves another crack at some point though.
Kye was brilliant.
DDS looked verrrrrrrrry flat which was concerning. Tommy was good, Sammy had some good moments. Kim was brilliant imo. A few stray passes but nothing horrendous. We look better with him.
I kept a particularly close eye on Clisby tonight after his giving up during last week on one of the goals. And he did it multiple times tonight, he is expecting the winger or midfielder to get back to help but he’s also not communicating to them. So irritating. He has to work on it. The lack of serious competition at LB is annoying me now.
Matty again was good in his cameo role. Happy for him to keep doing that.

FFC Mariner

Early thoughts from at the game

Birra - absolutely made up for any doubts from last week. Superb
Miller - My MoM, 1st senior start and grew into the game, think we have our RB
Rowles - Solid and reliable as ever
Ziggy - Better inside but still scares me shitless
Clisby - We need a new LB. He cant pass and cant tackle
Kim - Rusty but class, will go on to be one of our best I think.
GG - Great performance, superb energy, topped it off with a flukey goal
Stens - Squaddie at best. Lost every 50/50, no energy or urgency
DDS - not quite fit I thought but his tuches of class are so good to watch
Silvera - Patchy, was closed down well and needs to get used to that.
Oar - Superb performance. Despite our stupid tactic of pumping it high for him, once we played it to his feet he was fantastic

Subs: Muzz - ineffective, Simon - why? Nizz - We are always beeter hen he is on the pitch

Crowd. Sidelines really got into it and were loud. Silence from bay 16

Michael

He's the worst diver since sackwhack and the refs seem wise to it. He's getting nothing now. WU were all around the ref every time he went over

now you’re just being dramatic.
It’s how the modern game is now, there’s a difference between the term “diving” and winning or earning your team a foul. ie; getting contact and going down.
Whether it’s coming out of defence under the press or you’re out numbered whilst taking a defence on.
You don’t have to like it, but refs are a lot wiser to the differences in most cases and Sammy takes a lot of hacks and keeps running a lot of the time. He’s also protecting his legs when he’s earning these fouls and putting defenders on tight ropes.

enjoy the win mate.

FFC Mariner

The goal was some crazy kind of luck. And I was shocked they didn’t throw a penalty at us for Ziggys “handball” (not saying it was at all) but we deserve this kind of luck sometimes. I mean how often will Kone miss those point black volleys?
I’d give Lewis MOTM, he really is a fullback in my eyes now. Was excellent. His spot to lose. Ziggy had his most consistently solid match so far too. I do think Fox deserves another crack at some point though.
Kye was brilliant.
DDS looked verrrrrrrrry flat which was concerning. Tommy was good, Sammy had some good moments. Kim was brilliant imo. A few stray passes but nothing horrendous. We look better with him.
I kept a particularly close eye on Clisby tonight after his giving up during last week on one of the goals. And he did it multiple times tonight, he is expecting the winger or midfielder to get back to help but he’s also not communicating to them. So irritating. He has to work on it. The lack of serious competition at LB is annoying me now.
Matty again was good in his cameo role. Happy for him to keep doing that.
I wonder if Fox has done something - hooked last week and would have been a logical sub when Miller went off

Wombat

It was a very ugly win and we got lucky. Basically Birra and Ziggy kept us alive.

Impressive debut by Miller. We are better with Kim starting. Our front 3 are completely toothless although Silvera is dangerous but he made a few wrong decisions tonight.

Birra MOM by a mile! 3pts
Ziggy 2pts
Miller 1 pt.

Matt Simon is so useful to shore up the last 15 mins. Kye was very good. Brilliant to see Nizzy get a run. The little man is quality.

turbo

I wonder if Fox has done something - hooked last week and would have been a logical sub when Miller went off
He didn’t even make the bench. I thought Simon was a weird choice and didn’t necessarily hustle as much as I would have liked but I’m guessing it was a decision around defending set pieces and corners.
Would hurt the likes of weemac and Tongyik not to get a look there. I’m guessing Duric wasn’t as fit as we may have been led to believe

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred