• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 7 v Western Something-or-other

marinermick

Also loved the Diamanti v Kim battle throughout the game. Diamanti was hating the close attention Kim was giving him and on a number of occasions there were verbal stoushes. At no point did Kim back down from these stoushes, giving it right back.

My Facebook timeline showing me photos of the Wellington trip two years ago. We won that game 4-1 and we were sitting fourth or fifth, so still a long way to go.

MagpieMariner

Also loved the Diamanti v Kim battle throughout the game. Diamanti was hating the close attention Kim was giving him and on a number of occasions there were verbal stoushes. At no point did Kim back down from these stoushes, giving it right back.[SNIP]
I wonder if either speaks the other's language? If not, would have been a fascinating listen. :p

Justin Cooney

For the size of our crowd last night, the noise towards the end of the match was awesome. So nice to hear that belief amongst the fans. :)
Agreed, the first half was flat both on and off the field. Was incredibly difficult to get anyone involved. Once the second half came around (even before the goal) bay 16 and the whole crowd really got into it. That’s the way it should be every week. We need noise. Those lads deserve more than to play in a silent stadium, either way it was a brilliant night. Onwards and upwards from here.

CC16.

Ads

Looks like Miller was pretty serious injury?
Does anybody have an update.
And Jair (Quad) still might be a few weeks.

nebakke

I thought it was a bad cramp... Just so late in the game that it was time for some changes anyway, so it made sense to pull a cramping full-back and replace him with someone who could still keep the pace for what was likely to be a pressured last 10.

Reactions: Ads

Ads

I noticed DDS came back out of the front 3 to receive the ball in more central midfield at times. I think for me he holds the ball well at his feet like Nizzy and we need someone with more creativity and spark centrally.
As people have mentioned we were very flat and no overlap until we started hitting Oar for some flicks.

When we are fully fit, especially Kim in this scenario and after seeing last nights game I would like to see them go.

Miller——Ziggy——Rowles——Clisby
Silvera——Kim——-DDS———Duric
———————Oar————————
———————Jair————————

Simon - Jair: 70min
Gall - Silvera: 75min
Stensness - Kim: 80min

We really need to unlock some long diagonal movement to Silvera and need to support to move it down the sides as an outlet. We really suffered in this space last night in attack as well as defence.

Taking Stens and Gall out of starting is risky but if we want to start being creative in midfield and move the ball smoothly I think DDS needs to come back and look for the gaps.

And Stens and Gall would be good for some strong talking and tactical yellows breaking down play in the last 10/15min.

Ads

I thought it was a bad cramp... Just so late in the game that it was time for some changes anyway, so it made sense to pull a cramping full-back and replace him with someone who could still keep the pace for what was likely to be a pressured last 10.

I hope so, that would be a plus moving forward if was only that.

shipwreck

Feel bad for Fox.

Goes on the podcast, says his goal is to be the best defender in the Aleague, very next game has a shocker, gets dropped from the squad entirely. Young teenager steps up and has a blinder in a position that allows us to play Ziggy in a position he also has a great game in...

turbo

Feel bad for Fox
He needs to keep working and his opportunity will come up again. Whether it’s through form, suspension, injury or international duties there will be a chance. Rowles is likely to be going to the next U23 comp in Jan if he keeps performing the way he is.

Tevor

. Miller said after the game it was cramp
Young guy who did plenty of work and when he went down there didn't look to be anything in it so I expected a cramp and you could tell it was not going to go away any time soon. Good prospect and we need to nurse him along however I was impressed with his fitness levels, I compare it to Wales a few years ago when we had less desirable Managers the poor kid was gassed after 30 mins. Shows Staj has been serious about fitness at all levels and that is great to see. Come to think of it Silvera has a good engine as well for his first year in HAL. So use to seeing young players wilt and not show their potential for sustained periods of time.

priorpeter

Birraz’ reaction at full time gives me the warm and fuzzies. He was sensational last night.
Wasn’t a pretty win but doesn’t matter how you get it done, as long as you get it done.

Again another huge shout out to everyone who donated to the RFS, thanks to the other Yellow Army guys as well as the OSC and the Ladies’ League for helping with collections! Massive props to Bay Rd Brewing who donated all of their tips taken for the day.

true believer

i thought i was just a bad cramp . those buggers hurt like hell and takes a few days to get over .

edit yeah watching the replay definitely cramp .

Last edited:

pjennings

Feel bad for Fox.

Goes on the podcast, says his goal is to be the best defender in the Aleague, very next game has a shocker, gets dropped from the squad entirely. Young teenager steps up and has a blinder in a position that allows us to play Ziggy in a position he also has a great game in...

The curse of the pod!!;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami