• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R26 v Melbourne Heart @ AAMI

Forum Phoenix

L Rose player of the match? Anyone who tries to play out and skin two attackers when he’s the last man will never be my man of the match. Decent game but still never imposing. Lachie Wales has twice as much presence on the park, even though he fades still. I think Lachie could be excellent for us over the next couple of years.

Kekeris looked bright and was a shame Sully didn’t give him more minutes and we also didn’t find him as often as we could of. Kid was hungry and wanted the ball. Full of ambition. Love it. Should have come on instead of Melling who now plays like he’s terrified he’ll make another big mistake.

Honestly the worst game I’ve seen Hoole play...ever. We really needed our forwards to be able to hold up the ball. They couldn’t.

Above all though we need proven strikers. City’s proved the difference. Great finish.
More discipline in our defensive shape with tighter lines required. Too easy to play through. and we still stand off too long.
Powell looked like he actually wanted to play tonight. Too little too late for mine. But appreciate it none the less.
Someone needs to stop putting grumpy powder in pains porridge each week. Glad he clearly hates losing as much as I do though.

TBH I was expecting a flogging and I thought the players tried hard and they definitely look more lively and creative now. So I was pleased at losing only 1 zip.

Shows how low the bar has gone. But bottom line, City just had too much quality across the park though and deserved the win.

Anyway now it’s time to get serious and do the one thing left that can truly uplift our spirits... beat the bloody scum.

Ancient Mariner

When I looked at the 2 sides starting 11s I thought we would get smashed.

But we harried well. Only twice did we stand off stupidly and they scored from one of them.

Sully is definitely not a muppet.......so it was Mossy dragging him down when they were a team.

Kennedy. 5.5. Made 2 good saves but should have done better on the goal.
McGing 4. One excellent block but overall poor. Crossing dreadful as usual.
J. Rose 7.5. The old man did well tonight.
Baro 5.5. Has to charge out of the line to apply pressure when the striker is on the edge of the box....basic stuff that cost us the game.
L.Rose 6. Culpable on the goal and had a couple of brain snaps but I can see a decent player hiding in there.
Rowles 7.5. Another excellent game. This kid is a very good player.
Wout 7.5 Decent game and led by example.
Wales 6.5. Good game overall but didn't track the player on their goal. Great prospect.
Hoole 3. Very poor tonight but did work hard. 0pts for execution.
TBT 5.5. Set up Hoole very nicely and tracked back brilliantly to win the ball and bring it out. Panicked a bit inside the box.
Pain 4.5. See Hoole but definitely smarter than Hoole.

Good summary.
A bit tough on TBT, I thought he showed more heart in this game and made a lot of good runs.

Definitely agree with you on Sully. The team is moving and passing better with a lot more fire in attack. Unfortunately still lacking finish. For those who criticise that he is just parking the bus, he is adjusting to his opposition and making the most of his available talent. Something we have all been calling for, for a long time. He has also been doing it without our two most expensive players. I would be interested in how DDS would go under him. I truly hope he is injured and not sitting out because Paolo is gone. Time will tell.

What I am finding interesting is how different players are getting a run and the change in players games under a different coach.

Looking better:
Brama, L. Rose (still a long way to go)

Looking worse:
Storm, McGing

Getting a look in and improving:
TBT, Wales, Rowles

?????????
Hoole frustrates me. There is talent there, but no idea.

Not happy with the results and not getting excited about the games, but I am finding it interesting to see new players developing and a style of play that is not boring possession at all costs football.

Looking forward to off season recruitment and what a new coach can bring.

Without hope, nothing is left.

Big Al

Kekeris is on. Big Al and Middy will be excited.
Poor bloke. Got a couple of garbage minutes and the couple of times he got the ball he started running forwards each time. Not sure he will be eligible for the Sully bus next week.

Pity his cross was just a tad over hit but better than McGings and only had one go.

I only watched the game because I thought he’d play as i knew Buddy and the Swans were on;) how good would Buddy be as our Striker and how good would Jasinta be :overheadl: You missed a good game @Capn Gus Bloodbeard had it on the mobile at same time

Big Al

As for the Sully bus some of you are very kind. The bloke has clearly been hanging out at Gosford station.

I get the park the bus for half the game and while it certainly stops us getting pumped the guys have no chance in attack. The two or three times we got over halfway it was 2 on 6 ( only Mariners defense can stuff that up).

I don’t get the philosophy. He keeps parking when we are loosing and the 1st sub is to take off an attacker to plug the midfield for another 10mins. Is he seriously protecting our goal difference:confused:

When he finally releases the hand brake and we play Paulo ball it’s exactly the same, lots of possession in the opposition half but no idea what to do. At least Kekeris put a cross in. The keep going back to the cb’s is just possession for statistics.

Hooles last kick somed him up:vomit:
And his miskick at goal in the 1st half

Now I will conceed there is more fight and watching Brama spewing at his players on the goal was good and the couple of chances City had we had two not one half arsed players cutting off the cross. Nice back tracking. The boys seem to be trying as Bozo even noted but man it is so so boring

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, at least they didn’t slap the crap out of us ...speaking of crap, on the fridge magnet it says we play the scummers on Friday....on the CCM app it’s says Saturday...which is which

bikinigirl

The two or three times we got over halfway it was 2 on 6 ( only Mariners defense can stuff that up).

. so no different in attack to what we have seen the last couple of years ... it is going to take more than two weeks of 'un-training' to get that right

pjennings

Well, at least they didn’t slap the crap out of us ...speaking of crap, on the fridge magnet it says we play the scummers on Friday....on the CCM app it’s says Saturday...which is which

I was out in the car just before the game last night. The guys from Coast FM said the game had moved to the Saturday night late slot. I hoping for a decent crowd and atmosphere. Saturday night should bring a couple of thousand more, the scummers would like to give us the spoon and will probably turn up in decent numbers. Let's hope we can put on a performance and send out Josh as a winner!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Peak? That's laughable.
You played against a team that is impotent in attack at best, missing a key defender, and is now treating the season like a training run, and you barely scraped through 1-0.

For much of it we played just as good as City. We caught them out on the counter a lot (though we still need to work out how to not be too vulnerable to a counter in turn), we got the ball up to their end of the field plenty of times. We're playing with a new coach, trying new things with new structures and new players. That tends to not translate well to on-field activities for a while and there were a lot of times when it was clear that the team wasn't too sure what to do in a given situation. Despite that I don't feel like City dominated us. I honestly don't even feel like they were better than us.

One striker was the only difference last night. We get the ball to the box then stop. Or trip over the ball. Every time. Just one striker. City have several strikers, but if we had one we would have had a solid chance of winning it. While we played well for the most part, we never looked like scoring. And that's the season we've had - even when we outnumber the defence, have them on the back foot, even break through - even if a cross comes in to an unmarked player, I just don't care. I don't get out of my seat, my heart doesn't leap into my throat, because I know we're not going to do anything with it.

I actually think City fans have more to be upset about than we do.

sydmariner

Saturday @ 7:50 PM sfc’s vs mv has bean moved back to friday due to acl commitments.

Insertnamehere

As for the Sully bus some of you are very kind. The bloke has clearly been hanging out at Gosford station.

I get the park the bus for half the game and while it certainly stops us getting pumped the guys have no chance in attack. The two or three times we got over halfway it was 2 on 6 ( only Mariners defense can stuff that up).

I don’t get the philosophy. He keeps parking when we are loosing and the 1st sub is to take off an attacker to plug the midfield for another 10mins. Is he seriously protecting our goal difference:confused:

When he finally releases the hand brake and we play Paulo ball it’s exactly the same, lots of possession in the opposition half but no idea what to do. At least Kekeris put a cross in. The keep going back to the cb’s is just possession for statistics.

Hooles last kick somed him up:vomit:
And his miskick at goal in the 1st half

Now I will conceed there is more fight and watching Brama spewing at his players on the goal was good and the couple of chances City had we had two not one half arsed players cutting off the cross. Nice back tracking. The boys seem to be trying as Bozo even noted but man it is so so boring
My take is this. He's working defensive patterns for the new manager. In reality rather than 5 at the back you would four but with a midfielder dropping into CB if one if the CBs has to help out the FB. As Rowles had to do a bit with rose snr.
It's bland but it gives us a better base to build from. We have a heap of pace up front so it's a matter of then using it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred