• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R26 v Melbourne Heart @ AAMI

Big Al

At the elite level it's about compiling 1%ers especially when things are a barrier to your performance. In saying that there's nothing wrong with the team bonding over a good win or on a bye round. Does it need to involve a bender though, especially in a workplace where health and fitness are paramount?
Absolutely athleticly it’s critical i just feel a lot is being made of something that while probable is being blown out of proportion as well.
Look at League idiots they can’t go 5mins without a drink bit still exhurt unbelievable athletic ability vs commonwealth games athletes who are much more disciplined that we know of for little fan fare.

The PL guys still hit the town.

Also our boys are not technically good enough so there are other problems that are more important before we get to that last 1%.

I’m also saying the perception changes just based on results. If we were winning no one would care.

It was brought up as ill disapline and probably is but young blokes the age we have are always going to be going out and hitting the town

pjennings

While young guys do have to blow off steam occasionally the other side of the problem though is the reported manager's reaction (or non reaction). Is this the time when he lost the senior players (especially the OS players) that are probably used to a more professional environment?

Insertnamehere

Absolutely athleticly it’s critical i just feel a lot is being made of something that while probable is being blown out of proportion as well.
Look at League idiots they can’t go 5mins without a drink bit still exhurt unbelievable athletic ability vs commonwealth games athletes who are much more disciplined that we know of for little fan fare.

The PL guys still hit the town.

Also our boys are not technically good enough so there are other problems that are more important before we get to that last 1%.

I’m also saying the perception changes just based on results. If we were winning no one would care.

It was brought up as ill disapline and probably is but young blokes the age we have are always going to be going out and hitting the town
How about we look at the Storm as a guide rather than the Eels eh?

FFC Mariner

If I chose to go on the piss one weekend, that's no ones business but mine. However, if I got so blind that I didnt front for work, that makes it my employers problem.
I suspect being asked to sit out 1 game might be the least of my worries

bikinigirl

Whole part of being young is to go enjoy yourself and have a good time. It’s right of passage to hiti it all night and try backing up for work, they don’t even need to do that.

. sorry but that is an out-of-date concept and i don't like the idea of perpetuating it. many workplaces have a zero tolerance to alcohol and drugs (for example my hubby's place of work has a 0.00 blood-alcohol requirement and a breathalyser in the office ... shame they don't consider mental fatigue in the same way)

. and training should be 'work' for these guys

The drinks are not responsible for the flawed attacking structures or lack of skill

. this i agree with

. no, their lack of technical ability is just another reason they should be looking for all the 1%'s they can get

Wombat

Technical ability is important but drive and guts are just as important.

Look at Craig Johnson. They laughed at his ability when he went to England.
He practiced twice as hard as anyone else in the squad and developed one of the best crosses in the UK combined with speed an fitness.

Training 2hrs for 3 days is laughable. How can your work on technique in that time span?

FFC Mariner

If I chose to go on the piss one weekend, that's no ones business but mine. However, if I got so blind that I didnt front for work, that makes it my employers problem.
I suspect being asked to sit out 1 game might be the least of my worries

Any similarity with real life events is unintended obviously..............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred