• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R26 v Melbourne Heart @ AAMI

LFCMariners

Could have watched on free to air but chose to go over my data limit and stream the knights broncos game instead, judge me all you like but after the last 4 years of shit with this club i made the right choice, dissapointed as much in myself as i am in the club that i actually chose not to watch anymore. Shambles

The Knights played well- disciplined in attack, co-ordinated in defence, patient and willing to (paraphrasing Paul Keating) "Do Brisbane slowly".

If only CCM were able to replicate this next weekend against a Jest side who are looking vulnerable...

Forum Phoenix

I love Lachie to bits (I have known him and his wonderful family for a long time) but the thing that strikes me is that he was supposed to be the one with the impressive numbers fitness-wise in the NYL set up, yet he is looking (at least to my eyes anyway) gassed at 30 minutes into a game. I wonder if it is nerves affecting his conditioning levels or something like that but I kinda expected more intensity from him. That said, the step up from boy’s to men’s football is always a hard one, so hopefully we will see more of what he is capable of next season (assuming the new coach retains Balder and actually lets him do his job that is).

Yeah this is not unique and is expected.

tyson

pain is poor to
Pain has been poor all season and he hides out on the line all game. Hoole at least looks to get the ball and then tries things and that is why people notice him making errors. I'd rather than playing safe square/backwards passes. For this game, he was far too isolated playing #10 and #9 at the same time because we so needed 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders :-|

FFC Mariner

In pre season it was evident that Pain had followed the Fitzgerald eating plan and was struggling for fitness
He has had a poor season and our defensive woes down the left start with his inability to track back
Less pies young man

Insertnamehere

In pre season it was evident that Pain had followed the Fitzgerald eating plan and was struggling for fitness
He has had a poor season and our defensive woes down the left start with his inability to track back
Less pies young man
Just comes down to professionalism and how committed players are to getting to the highest level. Can't eat junk food, smash beers or worse nose beers in your down time and expect to make a good career out of it.

scottmac

Suspended
Just comes down to professionalism and how committed players are to getting to the highest level. Can't eat junk food, smash beers or worse nose beers in your down time and expect to make a good career out of it.
A fish rots from the head could be an appropriate analogy here

shipwreck

Can someone explain what this drinking culture I keep hearing so much about is referring to?

I'm assuming there was a group of the young lads who were getting smashed every weekend at whatever the current day Largo is?

I remember Heff being about the same back in the day, especially with us broken leg

Ozhammer

Can someone explain what this drinking culture I keep hearing so much about is referring to?

I'm assuming there was a group of the young lads who were getting smashed every weekend at whatever the current day Largo is?

I remember Heff being about the same back in the day, especially with us broken leg
Without naming names, the understanding is that it involved a small group of the younger players, who were regularly getting smashed albeit not necessarily the night before games. Whilst there is no suggestion that they were playing whilst hung over, any heavy drinking must surely have affected their ability to perform at their peak.

At least one player allegedly turned up at training smelling of booze and one failed to show up at all after a two day bender (no prizes for guessing who that was btw).

Okon apparently knew about it and allowed it to continue, instead of laying down the law and then wondered why many of the team’s performances were sub-standard.

Insertnamehere

Different day and age. Accepted 10 years ago. Not acceptable now. We have the longest off season known to man, do it then but stay fit. Also plenty of time after your career

Josho Howe

It's not a surprise that young blokes who have money to burn go out and have a few beers most days. Of course, they're allowed a life outside football, but for the privilege of playing in a professional league, being sober would undoubtedly be the best choice to maximise a personal contribution to the team and contribution to results.

Big Al

Whole part of being young is to go enjoy yourself and have a good time. It’s right of passage to hiti it all night and try backing up for work, they don’t even need to do that.

It’s a problem because we loose. If we were winning it would be seen as team bonding and we’d be wrapped the boys are close.

The drinks are not responsible for the flawed attacking structures or lack of skill

Insertnamehere

Whole part of being young is to go enjoy yourself and have a good time. It’s right of passage to hiti it all night and try backing up for work, they don’t even need to do that.

It’s a problem because we loose. If we were winning it would be seen as team bonding and we’d be wrapped the boys are close.

The drinks are not responsible for the flawed attacking structures or lack of skill
At the elite level it's about compiling 1%ers especially when things are a barrier to your performance. In saying that there's nothing wrong with the team bonding over a good win or on a bye round. Does it need to involve a bender though, especially in a workplace where health and fitness are paramount?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb