• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 away @ WSW

Forum Phoenix

Put $20 ON Hoole to score and $20 on Mariners to win.... Poor decisions all day for me
Hoole won’t score a free kick for another year imo,
What the f**k is happening with these corners?
Kennedy is STILL being expected to mark a striker - how is the coaching of this team so incompetent that this is allowed to happen?
And how do we not have anybody on the far post? Why is it that every U/12 team knows how to defend better than this mob of so-called professionals?
he’s not ‘marking him’. The opposition team just put someone in front of Kennedy which is all the excuse he needs to guarantee he never comes for anything.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hoolecwont score a freek for another year imo,

he’s not ‘marking him’. The opposition team just put someone in front of Kennedy which is all the excuse he needs to guarantee he never comes for anything.
No, he is marking him.
A striker on the keeper means a defender should be there - both marking the striker and protecting the keeper.
That failing means the sole responsibility of ensuring that attacker doesn't get the ball is on the keeper - means he has to split his responsibility from protecting the goal.

by any definition, Kennedy is thus marking that striker and weakening his own capabilities in doing so.

Forum Phoenix

I've got an idea. How about we play four at the back.
A proper back four.
Even if they crowd the midfield with five and just play one up front.
Stick the young kid in goal too. Nothing to lose.
After wombats training report and seeing that line up I thought, phew. We are, finally,

Instead we played a poor version of our usual system which was well known and tactically countered by our opposition. And we failed to change.

Wombat

From where I was sat in the stands, Tom H was by far the most mobile and hardworking of our 3 midfielders. So what do the coaching staff do? They yank him at half time and we lose all control of the middle third - genius! Anyone with an ounce of Football nous could see that Hoole needed to be subbed out, as that was like for like positionally and would have allowed some ‘more direct play’ without messing up what was actually working.

Honestly, most of the people on here could do a better job of running this football club than the arsehats that are currently in charge.

On TV Tommy looked poor but he is not an AM. However we are a shambles.

Wombat

He should have subbed Oneil or gem before subbing Tom

No O'Neill while making a few mistakes was our most competent middy. Gem, did improve in the second half and showed some promise. We would probably be better served playing Aiden as the AM.

Holy

Fark it, I am putting it out there.

Rumour is Matildas’ coach.
Matidas’ Coach, that’s a gee up, surely.

For mine, he has shown no real desire to actually win a game, so to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Matilda’s doesn’t make sense.

If so, can only see their WC campaign ending in tears.

Wombat

After wombats training report and seeing that line up I thought, phew. We are, finally,

Instead we played a poor version of our usual system which was well known and tactically countered by our opposition. And we failed to change.

It was horrible to watch. Flat and gutless. Cost me money. Like watching a racehorse put in a redhot barrier trial and then run like a donkey on Sat.

Forum Phoenix

Agreed.... I'm still underwhelmed by Jem .. I'd honestly expect a dude of that calibre to stand out alot more, I barely noticed him in both games

The quality is there. I can see it. Problem is he’s only played one second half where we were dominated and then in a horribly lack lustre and completely non cohesive side - where he was one of the few to alt least show energy.

So much wrong with that performance I just can’t be bothered dissecting it.

But bottom line if you’re going to have 3 DM,s Mulvey needed to put Tom higher and free him up and also make sure he he has highly willing and mobile runners. People complain about Hoole on the ball, well off it he is absolutely horrendous. And Murray sadly dashed my hopes today that he might be part of our solution. Only pain made good smart runs and caused any real problems.

Mulvey pulled off our most creative central midfielder who can also pick a sublime through ball.

Scrappy, messy, lazy, shambles of a game.

Awful to watch.

And Kennedy should never play at this level again.

scottmac

Suspended
So the cb from Sheffield. I dont agree he's rubbish. I saw a few moments from him tonight I haven't seen from another mariners defender for years. He marks a man well. He gets to blocked shots

bikinigirl

So the cb from Sheffield. I dont agree he's rubbish. I saw a few moments from him tonight I haven't seen from another mariners defender for years. He marks a man well. He gets to blocked shots

. and he obviously hasn't learnt yet that a backpass is like handing the ball to the opposition*

* to be fair to Kennedy :piralaugh: i did see him play the ball out to a Mariners player once in this game (i believe that may be an improvement) ... and he did try to throw the ball to our player once - his mistake was throwing to Hoole who was never going to move the two feet necessary to get to the ball before his opposing man who was metres away

bikinigirl

People complain about Hoole on the ball, well off it he is absolutely horrendous.

. poor Hoole*, he is just a little confused - he is getting things right ... just the wrong way around:
  • gets in the face of the opposition and holds up the play well - only he is doing that when we have the ball and should be attacking, quickly
  • finds space easily and gets away from his opposing number - only he is doing this when we don't have the ball and should be defending, closely
* just to be clear, this is an attempt at satire ... and i have no sympathy for his failings

Scotty

Sam was gash but Mallon looked good.
I noticed on at least two occasions, Mallon evaded his man while under pressure and put a precision cross into the six yard box. Impressive stuff, I want to see more of that. If Murray can read him, we can get something from it.

Big Al

Remember that time Hoole scored two cracking free kicks and we all cheered. The memories :piralaugh:

Back to blackhole Hoole

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred