• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 away @ WSW

Wombat

So the cb from Sheffield. I dont agree he's rubbish. I saw a few moments from him tonight I haven't seen from another mariners defender for years. He marks a man well. He gets to blocked shots

I don't think he is rubbish but he was rubbish in that game. I put it out there that he should be signed to a 3 year deal. I retract that for the moment.

Wombat

Kennedy 4. Another Howler.
Millar 5. Not the worst but missed a pretty easy goal. McGing should be back next week.
Gallagher 5. Looked nervous and Aspro was scared to give him the ball. He did improve in the 2nd half a bit.
Aspro 6. One of our best.
Rowles 6. Got skinned a few times but also did well at times.
O'Neill 6. Gave the ball away a couple of times Melling style but also our most complete Mid yesterday.
Gem 6. Showed some glimpses and had a decent 2nd half.
Tom 5.5. Looks like he is uncomfortable high up the pitch.
Hoole 3. One lovely ball in the 1st half and then trotted around.
Murray 4. High workrate but impotant. To small to lead the line.
Pain 7. MOM. Easily our best player.

Subs:
Mallon 6. Looks very promising.
Oar 6. Did ok.

Pirate Pete

Wombat, you're the second person to mention Gallagher.
Do you mean Graham?
And for all those whinging about Mulvey not calling Tom by the correct name.....
It's Jem, not Gem.
5.gif

Kareem

Kennedy copped a lot of criticism for the first goal, as he should...
But what about the 2nd goal?

Rowles was sprinting over to shut down the scorer...
I think his run towards goal would have been blocked by Rowles.
Poor judgement from Kennedy?
Trying to make up for his earlier moment of indecision?

Forum Phoenix

So the cb from Sheffield. I dont agree he's rubbish. I saw a few moments from him tonight I haven't seen from another mariners defender for years. He marks a man well. He gets to blocked shots

He also made several one touch passes to move the ball quickly out of defence which I rarely see from our CB’s. I think he was very likely just nervous first half. Second he looked good to me.

Forum Phoenix

. poor Hoole*, he is just a little confused - he is getting things right ... just the wrong way around:
  • gets in the face of the opposition and holds up the play well - only he is doing that when we have the ball and should be attacking, quickly
  • finds space easily and gets away from his opposing number - only he is doing this when we don't have the ball and should be defending, closely
* just to be clear, this is an attempt at satire ... and i have no sympathy for his failings
Ha. I actually discussed this with the person I was with. We concluded he probably thinks not keeping up with the play is actually him being clever and finding space.

Last edited:

Tevor

We have some good players however the game plan and their positions are the problem, to many changes to the side and it was obvious from the lack of cohesion and players not knowing their positions well. I wonder how much training went into the changes as no one looked comfortable. I’m glad I wasn’t one feeling confident about a win, I gave up on this along time ago to avoid the thud back to earth. Bit harsh on Graham and Murray I feel, it’s hard to look good in this team when you are experienced (Jem for example) let alone young blokes with minimal experience at this level. I think Murray with more time looks promising, a lot of passes to him were rubbish especially all the crosses straight to Janjetovic. I wasn’t surprised by the result, we perform better when the game doesn’t matter like against Victory. It all rests with MM in my opinion, he is a false Manager who without a team full of super stars has no idea how to build a team.

Forum Phoenix

Second goal he maybe could have done better - but it was on Rowles.

Sotirio was his man and he was behind Aspro who couldn’t see, and all Kye had to do was accelerate to track the run when Sotirio went. He ignored it until it was too late to intercept. Error of judgement. Which he’s still prone to.

I like Rowles but I thought he was ripped apart last night.

marinermick

Second goal he maybe could have done better - but it was on Rowles.

Sotirio was his man and he was behind Aspro who couldn’t see, and all Kye had to do was accelerate to track the run when Sotirio went. He ignored it until it was too late to intercept. Error of judgement. Which he’s still prone to.

I like Rowles but I thought he was ripped apart last night.

Agree. Rowles got caught on the wrong side of the attacker.

Scotty

Agree. Rowles got caught on the wrong side of the attacker.
One thing I noticed about Rowles is that he puts his arms well behind his back a lot when defending in the box. I get that it's a common technique to prevent a hand-ball in the box and many defenders do that.

However, I wonder if that attributes to players getting past him. It has to be a physical deficiency making it harder to turn your body quickly.
If I was an attacker and saw the man in front of me with his arms behind his back, I would see that as an easy way around.

Big Al

Once the defence gets ripped apart like that it’s never the keepers fault.

He made Satiro go far post and he was good enough not to put it wide.

Nothing Kennedy did wrong on that one imo

Josho Howe

The fans who travelled down yesterday deserved better. 2 buses full of optimism going down, the midfield 3 of Jem, Tom and O'Neill had me thinking this was a game we could win but it was the same old story. The active section was good 1st half, but after a swearing compliant, l couldn't be bothered in the 2nd half and the team did nothing to help it get going again. Bus trip home was only good for the left over six string beers.

Wombat

Yes. Big credit to our support. Heard Mariners clap clap clap every time we got a corner. You were louder than the Drive bys.

But please tell Justin that CCMFC is a crap chant.

Forum Phoenix

One thing I noticed about Rowles is that he puts his arms well behind his back a lot when defending in the box. I get that it's a common technique to prevent a hand-ball in the box and many defenders do that.

However, I wonder if that attributes to players getting past him. It has to be a physical deficiency making it harder to turn your body quickly.
If I was an attacker and saw the man in front of me with his arms behind his back, I would see that as an easy way around.

Yeah it’s a good point. Definitely limiting.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's rough...damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'd imagine it definitely limits your agility

bikinigirl

The fans who travelled down yesterday deserved better. 2 buses full of optimism going down, the midfield 3 of Jem, Tom and O'Neill had me thinking this was a game we could win but it was the same old story. The active section was good 1st half, but after a swearing compliant, l couldn't be bothered in the 2nd half and the team did nothing to help it get going again. Bus trip home was only good for the left over six string beers.

. so long as the swearing is compliant ... you really shouldn't have a problem

Stephen Gibson

We should have play better yesterday score goal not keep loose the ball Ben Kennedy should have catch it he should not be the Keeper Sunday 17th February at Sydney fc our new player play good yesterday sam grandma and Stephen Mallon and Jem Karacan we have play good next week with Sydney fc win the game

marinermick

We should have play better yesterday score goal not keep loose the ball Ben Kennedy should have catch it he should not be the Keeper Sunday 17th February at Sydney fc our new player play good yesterday sam grandma and Stephen Mallon and Jem Karacan we have play good next week with Sydney fc win the game

Gibbo, please, a full stop or a comma somewhere in there would be helpful.

No wonder we don’t see Dibo anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred