• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 away @ WSW

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

One thing I noticed about Rowles is that he puts his arms well behind his back a lot when defending in the box. I get that it's a common technique to prevent a hand-ball in the box and many defenders do that.

However, I wonder if that attributes to players getting past him. It has to be a physical deficiency making it harder to turn your body quickly.
If I was an attacker and saw the man in front of me with his arms behind his back, I would see that as an easy way around.
Just look at the penalty in the MV game..

Forum Phoenix

Good presser.

It’s much easier to like and forgive a coach who takes responsibility.

Let’s see how they rebound against what will be a hungry SFC.

Ancient Mariner

Agree, but I think he admitted to not knowing how to get the team to defend, and it has been showing over many games.

Interesting we have a new board. I wonder what effect it will have. :popcorn:

Wombat

Agree, but I think he admitted to not knowing how to get the team to defend, and it has been showing over many games.

Interesting we have a new board. I wonder what effect it will have. :popcorn:

Who was on the old Board?
Also i have been screaming for a defensive coach for years now.

Antlion

Who was on the old Board?
Also i have been screaming for a defensive coach for years now.
Pat Z was approached to do just this by Mulvey in preseason but MC wouldn't fund the position.
For those playing at home - this one is not a rumour, Patrick told me himself.

Kareem

Once the defence gets ripped apart like that it’s never the keepers fault.

He made Satiro go far post and he was good enough not to put it wide.

Nothing Kennedy did wrong on that one imo
Of course I would prefer for our defence to not be ripped apart in the first place.

But Kennedy had 2 choices as last line of defence (to come out or stay).

And if he didn't come out, what options would Sotirio have had?

1) Take another touch? (with the risk that Rowles catches him).

2) Shoot with power?

I usually dislike keepers staying on their line, but I think there is a time and place to rush the attacker.

Big Al

Of course I would prefer for our defence to not be ripped apart in the first place.

But Kennedy had 2 choices as last line of defence (to come out or stay).

And if he didn't come out, what options would Sotirio have had?

1) Take another touch? (with the risk that Rowles catches him).

2) Shoot with power?

I usually dislike keepers staying on their line, but I think there is a time and place to rush the attacker.
Yeah definitely an option and had it worked great but if it didn’t same result. Satiro had plenty of time to go round him but as you say could have mucked it up. Still Kennedy not at fault. Mat Ryan actually makes the same choices in that situation so probably the correct default keeper position

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred