• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Glad to see the correct red card there. Also liked seeing him use the AR not the VAR. Disgusting attack on Powell. Not sure why he seems to be targeted.

Timmah

We've backed off a little now we're a man up but it's fair to say losing an anchor like Delbridge has actually helped City

Big Al

City have woken up and we’ve gone to sleep after the red.

We look tired. Lost our shape our energy everything has gone to shit

Timmah

I fear Paolo doesn't have a Plan B for when the other mob goes a man down, hopefully he realigns things at HT

greenlig

Eh, we're pretty hopeless going forward across the whole line. Wales hasn't hit a cross yet (good free kick), Appi carrying on as per normal, Powell doing little, Astro super disappointing. Glad Melling and Tom tried shooting. Melling looks good, snapped Malik which was fun. Golec is good at the back, as is Baro. McGing f**ked up for the goal, let the attacker breeze straight past him. I'm really surprised Roux is getting a game.

Oh well, bring on the second half.

Big Al

Eh, we're pretty hopeless going forward across the whole line. Wales hasn't hit a cross yet (good free kick), Appi carrying on as per normal, Powell doing little, Astro super disappointing. Glad Melling and Tom tried shooting. Melling looks good, snapped Malik which was fun. Golec is good at the back, as is Baro. McGing f**ked up for the goal, let the attacker breeze straight past him. I'm really surprised Roux is getting a game.

Then Golec left McCormick half an hour to turn after McGing played as a traffic cone

Forum Phoenix

That's exactly how I saw it. Adsrubal just cannot get in front of his man offers no quality hold up play, no presence in the box, easily outmuscled, and his link play has been average to poor also. He is not the answer. McCormack on the other hand. Finds space in or around the box and all you have to do is hit it towards him and he brings it down and looks deadly.

Oh, and Powell is still not a 10. We spent a season learning that already, but what you gonna do. I have a soft spot for Powel. Paolo should have tried Adrubal at 10. He couldn't have had any less of an impact.

Last edited:

Big Al

Wales has been poor. He very uncomfortable on the left.

He looks cooked. Maybe mentally tired. Might have played the game in his head before it actually started. Would of been exciting but he’s really struggling

JoyfulPenguin

Players clearly thought we had the game won after Delbridge was sent off. Everyone stopped working and tracking back. Golec's take out of Arzani was extremely dumb,he's on a yellow card and City are going to take every opportunity to run at him. We need to be better.

Timmah

Looking much better since the restart of play. Would love to see a second goal.

EDIT: F******* YEAH

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

How many yellows has Golec got now
Is it 4? Most of them useless cards like that one.
He's too leaky. He'll play alright, but go to sleep at critical moments. Like in this one. Sooooo many of our goals have been because he's been ball watching or letting his man do whatever he wants. I got downvoted to the nth degree last time I said this, but I'm saying it anyway. With the experience Golec is supposed to have he should have done better. Right up on his back and you're challenging the ball. Being where he was, the attacker was able to respond to Golec and get past him.

Asdrubal. He can't finish. He doesn't create anything. His off-the-ball running is dreadful. He can't run the ball past anybody. He can't win a physical contest.

Appiah is a better striker than Asdrubal is!!! And there are fullbacks who score more goals than Appiah!!

But yeah...10 men....they shouldn't be getting unmarked players with a man down. We should be making good use of the width then working the ball back into the middle for some quick passing. I feel like that's kinda of what Okon's game plan is anyway, B-grade tika-taka. That would tear city apart. Instead we're playing like we're afraid to lose the lead.

Play like that and only one thing will happen - lose the lead. We got a bit lucky with the 2nd goal.

I am actually liking a lot of this game, don't get me wrong. Wales....is having a mixed game.

Timmah

I was about to lament how much negativity is in the room here...

but now I can't do anything but wonder how we bother with Asdrubal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred