• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 - CCM v City @ Gosford

scottmac

Suspended
Also in regards to Bingham we know he has a shot in him unlike a certain striker come winger we have. I think Bingham's problem is he isn't sure how to play isolated jyst like most of the strikers we've had. So with a partner up front he'll get more chances to shoot and he may jyst prove to be the most lethal of the fringe players we have.

TedShot

honestly I think the main reason I like bingham is his resemblance to macklemore. would love a tifo of bingham dressed like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

... I have waited three years to share that.

Wombat

Wee could tweak that and put Hiarjei in at 10 and Melling at 6 with one of the strikers dropping to the bench. In defence Tom could drop back to another 6 and Asdrubal to 10. that way any long balls that Bingham wins could be knocked back to an advancing Asdrubal and Hiarjei.

Tom would make a great 10 but defensive minded players can struggle further up the pitch. They tend to like to come onto the ball facing forwards.
But when I saw your team that was the original tweak I thought of then settled with Powell and Asdru reversed.

Big Al

I like the twin strikers off Bingham and Powell just think Paul won’t do it. We have a set formation with the variance being two #10’s or two wingers.

With 5 days rest I think the rest fight for the bench.

Asdrubal stiker
Wales LW - left doesn’t suit him he needs to be on the right (I really want Kekeris but think he’ll be a sub)
Powell middle (only Wales could play there but might be to much for him)
Appiah RW

Melling and Tom mids

Rowles Golec Baro McGing
Kennedy

Kekeris Bingham Rose bud and Roux the subs with Pearce

Not my preferred team but how I think Paul will go

Forum Phoenix

I like the twin strikers off Bingham and Powell just think Paul won’t do it. We have a set formation with the variance being two #10’s or two wingers.

With 5 days rest I think the rest fight for the bench.

Asdrubal stiker
Wales LW - left doesn’t suit him he needs to be on the right (I really want Kekeris but think he’ll be a sub)
Powell middle (only Wales could play there but might be to much for him)
Appiah RW

Melling and Tom mids

Rowles Golec Baro McGing
Kennedy

Kekeris Bingham Rose bud and Roux the subs with Pearce

Not my preferred team but how I think Paul will go

Yeah thoroughly agree with all that. Including wanting 2 strikers. But it won’t happen. Okon won’t see it like we do, hed be thinking system is working - in so far as creating multiple chances - so it’s just about taking them. And definitely has a stubborn streak.

Bingham could start for Kubi at Right Wing - but probaly not. I suspect Okon will go for Roux over Rowles - which is a mistake imo.

Subs likely will be Rose for Melling, Bingham for kubi and probably whoever doesn’t start out of Storm and Rowles.

Tevor

Thought he looked good apart form his error and will def do a job. But he's behind Wout and Tommy so may be a bit hard to flourish perse?
Wout will be out for a few weeks so he has been lucky to get this early opportunity to probably play three games in a row. I thought he did ok and hasn’t trained all that much with us so handled the game plan pretty well imo.

Ozhammer

Club are saying Wout is only out for a week, so that sounds more like hamstring tightness than a strain or a tear and just a fatigue-related issue.

I agree that Melling could flourish with us and apart from choosing the wrong option with that pass to Baro, when the ball should have gone diagonal to McGing, his debut was solid enough.

As others have said, Okon needs to pair Asdrubal and Powell and he has a free pass to do that this week, without ruffling Hoole’s feathers but I can see his shortsightedness preventing that from happening.

If Rosebud doesn’t get a run this week, I can see him being gone in this window, which would be a real shame, as I still believe he would be able to demonstrate his undoubted talents better at No.10 but that will clearly never happen under Okon.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I tweeted Shaun and Okon yesterday and requested that they put this on loop through a P.A at training, ya never know it might fire them up for City beyond belief

Last edited:

Big Al

When did Rose fall out of the Under 23 window?? I thought he was a mainstay
Last year lost his starting spot (in the Aussie team) and this comp is limited to 3 per club as well so they may consider the others more important.
DDS started and Trent was a sub don’t know if Glover was on the bench as backup GK but presume so

style_cafe

I tweeted Shaun and Okon yesterday and requested that they put this on loop through a P.A at training, ya never know it might fire them up for City beyond belief
Just play it at before every game just to get some pride back...:popcorn:

nebakke

What I really wanna know is - What's happening with the screen?
Flash and fancy as it may be, to have a whole three screens in our stadium, it's be nice to have one big, functioning one in stead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred