• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - Mariners vs $ydney FC - Arnie's back

MagpieMariner

That would have to be the worst game I've seen the Mariners play. Monty comes on at half-time and is MOM says it all. It was just a training run for Smurfs, they didn't have to be any better than mediocre. They knew exactly how we were going to play and shut us down. They were on smoko when we scored, but soon got back to the status quo.

Gratis

Poscos defending was terrible.
I like Posco but his poor positioning and poor marking both cost us goals tonight. In fairness though he shouldn't alone be singled out tonight, at least 7-8 players have to take the same responsibility.

style_cafe

Arnie was on big coin and was put up at the star of the sea Terrigal. A couple of coffees for his lads wouldn't hurt too much.

It was good marketing....it's got everyone talking.

Arnie loves mind games and his reaction is another one.
Arnie didn't live permanently at SOS. He actually bought a place in Wamberal that backs onto the Terrigal Lagoon.
Irrespective of that he`s a prick for what he said about us.

Wombat

Ok....it's time to break cover......Moss has to go.
We are shambolic. Our defending is atrocious. Our midfield has zero penetration and never drives through the middle.
The only person that played well was Monty who has to start every game. Caceras is just not good enough to hold on to that shirt.
Fitzy had a go but is a headless chook.

That would be the worst I have ever seen us play. Sydney players in the final third were taking the piss like it was a training run.

I spoke to the husband of one of my workers who is from Melbourne and only knows about AFL but even he said ( only his second ever game) "we are so static....there is just no movement and Sydney look so much better on the ball".

go you yellow

I'm not sure what I just saw, but changing from the last game where Cernak and Vernes created chance after chance, to have neither get on the field , Fitzy didn't get into the game and provided little, brosque and ibini were largely unmarked even when Monty came on , giving them time to feed their front two.
As other have noted I think each of the back four contributed a goal , ball watching , out of position, very average. Reddy was not to blame at all and pulled off a couple of super saves.

Our passing was poor and we seemed second to the ball so many times - very lethargic performance.

style_cafe

We were beyond bad tonight.
For a team that had two weeks to prepare for this game we were pathetic.
Monty said after the game that "the gaffer had a game plan & we just didn`t stick to it".
If that`s the case then wholesale changes need to be made.
For a start if Hutcho can`t control the side on field then he should move to the splinter.
Ando gifted the goal that nailed us so he should be holding hands with Hutcho.
Mossy needs a kick in the arse too. To play the same way as we did in the first round was just stupid.
Simply put, Arnie just got players behind the ball & then we defended for them by playing back.
When we started to play direct we actually had them on the back foot.
Not really rocket science is it.

Wombat

The good oil tells me that at least 20 "fans", and I use the term advisedly, were frogmarched out of CCS with life bans. You guys behaved, didn't you? Wombat? ;) Is that what a late start does? More drink and some lose their heads? Whateva! :-|

I saw one Mariners fan thrown out ( presumably for punching those Sydney idiots) and 2 or 3 Sydney taken out.
What has that got to do with me?
Your good oil is, as usual a load of bollocks......I doubt anyone thrown out would even be banned for one week.
The late start gave us our best crowd of the season.

yellowcake

The only positive I can scratch out of tonight is that many years ago (05/11/2005 to be exact), Sydney came to Gosford and flogged us 5-1. The next week the Socceroos had a very important match (over two legs on that occasion) which culminated in a magnificent win at Homebush.

sydmariner

The good oil tells me that at least 20 "fans", and I use the term advisedly, were frogmarched out of CCS with life bans. You guys behaved, didn't you? Wombat? ;) Is that what a late start does? More drink and some lose their heads? Whateva! :-|
were those c**ts who started the all-in brawl in bay 16 kicked out

Garth

Interesting to see Hutch having at the conclusion of the game in centre field a lengthy discussion with Arnie who else saw it?

sydmariner

That would have to be the worst game I've seen the Mariners play
54552428.jpg

Wombat

were those c**ts who started the all-in brawl in bay 16 kicked out

They got there names taken down by the cops and then they were joined by another 4 or 5 mates. They then tried to start another fight and one got a beer rammed in his face and then they got taken away. Not sure if they were actually thrown out but I'd presume so.

eenfish

I was at work and caught the replay without knowing the score. I'm with Magpie Mariner, worst performance I've seen. Absolutely dreadful. Rose was man of the match for me, and only because of that great run, everything everybody else did was awful. Partial credit to Reddy for being in a shit situation with all that horrific defending, nothing more he could do I reckon.

The worst part is all the contract extensions. This is the squad we're gonna have, give or take a few, for the next 3 years. Not looking forward to it.

Spacks

I was at work and caught the replay without knowing the score. I'm with Magpie Mariner, worst performance I've seen. Absolutely dreadful. Rose was man of the match for me, and only because of that great run, everything everybody else did was awful. Partial credit to Reddy for being in a shit situation with all that horrific defending, nothing more he could do I reckon.

The worst part is all the contract extensions. This is the squad we're gonna have, give or take a few, for the next 3 years. Not looking forward to it.

Montgomery is a good player, he just needs to take over from hutch. Monty is better in every aspect and holding onto Hutcho for sentimental reasons is just dumb.

nearlyyellow

Your good oil is, as usual a load of bollocks......
Ahhh yess, Wombat. Let me tell you Wombat, just so you know, the good oil I was referring to is someone who wears a blue uniform with a bit of brass on it, and a close friend. Obviously you are talking *your* usual load of bollocks with your usual load on board. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred