• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - Mariners vs $ydney FC - Arnie's back

gull

You'd never think that from the way that Gatty and Tom Smithies have been carrying on over the last few days.

FFS it's a bit of banter. Sure Arnie did some great things for us, but what he did after he left the club makes him fair game - and what's factually incorrect about saying he's cashed up? Last I looked Traktovenko hadn't shut his wallet.

If anything he probably deserves it just for lumping us with Seip...

He has a few others to add to that list as well, and most of the players that he "developed" and sold were already at the club when he started.

The fact that he's so sensitive shows there's a little bit of guilt there...

Big Al

The new buys for SFC are playing by looks of it. Could be disjointed or good players who can over come that.

Golly

the promotion for the game was a godawful disgrace...who thought that was a good idea...fkn amatuers

the people behind this photoshopped image should be hung out to dry, what on earth were they thinking well they weren't
firstly the muppet that came up with it ,then secondly the bigger muppet of CEO who fkn approved it
pay peanuts get monkeys

re GA
every person takes things differently
lets give this club legend an opinion of his own
i think the main reason for Arnies distaste on the terrible ad campaign is the assumption he has heaps of cash which is beside the point
i have it on good authority that during his time with us and especially during the cashflow period Mr Arnold paid for training facilities hire and food and drink any many many other incidentals for the players all of which was the clubs responsibility
when mention of reinbersment suddenly ccm went really quiet....... and never paid GA back
this is just one instance of his enormous generosity to our little club that he loved unconditionally for the best part of 3 years
His stint at the mariners actually cost him money
when arnie comes to town i will be welcoming him home with applause
what he got us might never happen again

Wombat

Arnie was on big coin and was put up at the star of the sea Terrigal. A couple of coffees for his lads wouldn't hurt too much.

It was good marketing....it's got everyone talking.

Arnie loves mind games and his reaction is another one.

nebakke

I can sort of understand the fake Arnie-cash thing, that sort of implies that he made his choices because of money only, which is a bit harsh.
But the discussions started with and seems to be focused on the poster and I don't understand the problem with it. For once, I'm with you Wombat, Arnie's playing mind games and enjoying it... Either that, or he's being precious, in which case he really needs to suck it up.
The poster is about the team and the game, it's just handy that Arnie is now their coach.

How in the name of all that is holy, is the club supposed to know that it would insult Arnie? Personally I'm sort of surprised that he's responded as strongly as he has and I'm certainly not alone there.
If anything, I think it's kind of nice to see the club actually do something promotion wise, beyond the pirate/super hero days.

Atomic

All a storm in a tea cup. Arnie's skin isn't that thin.

Looks like Arnie has won the battle off the field... Lets hope we can win the battle on the field.

nebakke

All a storm in a tea cup. Arnie's skin isn't that thin.

Looks like Arnie has won the battle off the field... Lets hope we can win the battle on the field.

Don't quite know about that though... I'm left wondering whether it impacts the players particularly, consider neither Mossy or any of them have been involved.
I'm sort of hoping that it keeps Arnie distracted ;)

dibo

Maybe we've been really saving coin and the junior players have been moonlighting in the marketing dept to make a bit of extra to cover rent?

Reactions: adz

midfielder

Gotta say thanks GA he has put maybe an extra 3K through the gate and added a lot to the ratings... he has got more attention to the game and the A-League re starting than anything else...

Reminds me of when LM spoke of the Jerks and the mini bus...

He has a nose for getting media ...

dibo

Yep. 8 games unbeaten at home against them.

13/12/2008: 2-1
22/08/2009: 0-0
4/12/2010: 4-0
23/01/2011: 2-2
3/03/2012: 1-1
3/11/2012: 7-2
7/12/2013: 1-0
1/03/2014: 2-1

We've got a pretty good record at home against them - three losses, four draws, six wins (including the last three on the trot).

Not quite as good as our record against the scum, but few things are.

dibo

Last time they won in Gosford:
  • Mariners were defending Premiers, the scum were defending Champions
  • Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" was #1
  • Kevin Rudd was a year in and Labor had an 18pt lead in the polls, Malcolm Turnbull was Liberal Leader and Tony Abbott was licking his wounds and writing his book
  • The GFC hadn't quite got its skates on
  • George W Bush was still President
  • Nathan Rees was Premier
  • Damian Mori was still the Socceroos greatest ever goalscorer
  • Barely anyone in politics and fewer in football had ever heard of Clive Palmer and fewer still cared

Golly

Arnie was on big coin and was put up at the star of the sea Terrigal. A couple of coffees for his lads wouldn't hurt too much..

Yes a couple of coffees wouldn't hurt anyone but when it adds up to thousands of coffees (even tho no coffees were bought) (your words)
It's not about how much coin he was on or whether or not he has heaps of coin
It's the principal of the matter and that it wasn't his responsibility to pay for and he should of been reimbursed
He obviously did this to keep our players focused on playing football

Each to their own thoughts

nebakke

Yes a couple of coffees wouldn't hurt anyone but when it adds up to thousands of coffees (even tho no coffees were bought) (your words)
It's not about how much coin he was on or whether or not he has heaps of coin
It's the principal of the matter and that it wasn't his responsibility to pay for and he should of been reimbursed
He obviously did this to keep our players focused on playing football

Each to their own thoughts

I don't think there are a lot here who aren't grateful to Arnie, Golly, but..

1 - this isn't some great personal slight, it hasmmore to do with the club than him. Indeed no-one has been able to explain to me yet, what the actual insult is.

2 - he is now coaching an opposing team, arguably a "derby-team" at that. We have to be able to separate Arnie - the SFC coach - from - our Arnie. Otherwise, surely he should be cheered along, as should Bernie and arguably Bojic... They were all on the championship team after all.

dibo

OK, I'm done with this chat.

joCZx.gif

If you don't like the Mariners' marketing for this game...

xzPki.gif

It's game day, so it's time to put down the internets.

R6qrD.gif

And start getting ready to party all over Sydney FC.

DNO3a.gif

Who's with me?

mrmVE.gif

Golly

OK, I'm done with this chat.

i see that thats your personal opinion fair enough

1 - no-one has been able to explain to me yet, what the actual insult is.

in my opinion the insult is that ccm milked GA to pay for their expenses while crying poor and never paid him back with the pic assuming he has heaps of cash to throw around

once again its my opinion in which im entilted to

so just because you dont agree doesnt mean you can end the discussion.

GAME DAY FIRE UP FARKN
LETS KEEP OUR RECORD AT HOME V SYD INTACT

i feel a win coming on
the squad has been saying it time for some consistant quality football
so lets have it mariners

Last edited by a moderator:

rbakersmith

in my opinion the insult is that ccm milked GA to pay for their expenses while crying poor and never paid him back with the pic assuming he has heaps of cash to throw around

As the coach of a team whose owner has very deep pockets and shown that he's willing to spend (e.g. ADP), Arnie does have heaps of cash to throw around on players compared to us.

That's the point of the poster. There is no malicious intent in it at all.

Now, back to getting ready for the day...

COYY!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred