• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - Mariners vs $ydney FC - Arnie's back

Golly

no malicious intent in it at all.

i agree totally

but according to the man himself thats not how it was recieved

true believer

F Sydney . their all enemies that should meet with scorn and derision .
Bernie , arnie or pedjic , neither comfort nor a kind word , should be offered till after the fulltime whistle .
those bastards want to take something off us . lets give them pain !

nebakke

I think you got a couple of posts mixed up Golly, it was Dibo who said he was done with the discussion... I was wondering about the perceived slight :)

Thing is, Arnie might feel insulted, but we have to go of the intent, you cannot do everything in expectation of how it MIGHT be received. Otherwise, I might have been severely insulted by his comments about CCM, and really, he should be issuing a retraction immediately! ;)

Here we go boys, the start to the best half of this season, off to a 2-0 win for us, COYY!!!

I respect your opinion but I completely disagree. In fact it was the FFA, national team players and coaching staff that left Arnie out to dry. The FFA refused to grant him permanent status giving him an extended 'caretaker' position, which in turn led to the players showing nothing but disrespect to him. He didn't control the playing group because they were all told that he would be replaced after the Asian Cup regardless of the result. It is impossible to perform as a coach under such circumstances. Also his players disrespected the 2007 Asian Cup in which they thought they would win by just showing up after going out nearly every night. They treated it as a holiday, hence Arnold's massive shake up of the starting line for our third group game against Thailand. I was there and the rumours of the playing group ignoring Arnold's curfew instructions are true.

Arnie also identified the need to develop a new generation and he did start on this; however the FFA abandoned this process by appointing Verbeek. Something that was not addressed until 7 years later. Imagine if the FFA listened to him then!

Sorry to go off topic. Been a while since I posted last.
How do you know all that stuff

Mini In Bay 6

The front third was ok from my view. The mid to back however was a shower of shit with probably only posco worthy of keeping his place.

Monty was good when he came on and major is class and deserves a start.

Oh and we need some new ideas when playing out from the back. Old ones didnt go so well tonight.

Big Al

Not enough Sim.

Pathetic defensive effort. Hutch was cut with good reason after the game.

All four defenders played their worst games. Total shambles. Still on holidays.

Major has a nice touch and good positioning unlucky not to get his second good save.

nearlyyellow

Well GA I *didn't* text you to tell you that I hoped your little team of millionaires win. Exactly the opposite, if I had known your number I would have texted you to say I hoped you and your little team of millionaires ate the dirt you deserve.

Gratis

Major did some good things. I'm pleased Monty and Rose re-signed.

The sky poos were mediocre, at best, tonight. And we lost 1-5. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but we played nearly as well as a dead horse.

FFS I've said it before - pick a system to suit the players or change the players to suit your system.
Do neither and 4 goal loses become the norm. We actually suck as a team right now with little hope of improvement and I blame the sh^^ty system we're sticking with.

Wombat

The front third was ok from my view. The mid to back however was a shower of shit with probably only posco worthy of keeping his place.

Monty was good when he came on and major is class and deserves a start.

Oh and we need some new ideas when playing out from the back. Old ones didnt go so well tonight.
Poscos defending was terrible. Rose was the best of the back four and he was rubbish. The centre backs were clueless especially Anderson.

VicMariner

Major did some good things. I'm pleased Monty and Rose re-signed.

The sky poos were mediocre, at best, tonight. And we lost 1-5. I don't mean to beat a dead horse but we played nearly as well as a dead horse.

FFS I've said it before - pick a system to suit the players or change the players to suit your system.
Do neither and 4 goal loses become the norm. We actually suck as a team right now with little hope of improvement and I blame the sh^^ty system we're sticking with.
Best system in the world is no good if the coach can't implement it.

nebakke

Oh and to the f***wit in bay 8, who got up to the fence and yelled at Mossy, before leaving about 10 minutes early... Just get your Smurfs membership already, we don't need that kind of support... Besides, what good is that going to do, for a team that's already struggling to keep it together?
...wanker...

Gratis

no malicious intent in it at all.

i agree totally

but according to the man himself thats not how it was recieved
Arnie can shove his whinging. the intent of the piece was to highlight Arnie was coming back with a wealth of resources to throw at us (it wasn't saying that he himself has money which would be utterly irrelevant). it's the truth but apparently pointing out the truth isn't ok.

the next poster should have sissy sensitive Arnold holding weakness tissues and crying into his blouse. also the truth.

nearlyyellow

The good oil tells me that at least 20 "fans", and I use the term advisedly, were frogmarched out of CCS with life bans. You guys behaved, didn't you? Wombat? ;) Is that what a late start does? More drink and some lose their heads? Whateva! :-|

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Wow.

I started the game about halfway through the first half, and thought we were just absolutely pathetic in pretty much every possible way. Didn't bother with the second half.

Just.........bad.

And as for Arnold? fkn idiot, whinge more you clown. Don't see the defamation, it's just banter.

VicMariner

The good oil tells me that at least 20 "fans", and I use the term advisedly, were frogmarched out of CCS with life bans. You guys behaved, didn't you? Wombat? ;) Is that what a late start does? More drink and some lose their heads? Whateva! :-|
Might have been SFC fans for that blue smoke??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred