• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - Mariners vs $ydney FC - Arnie's back

Wombat

Hey AM,
From your top quality seats.......could you see any problems with our performance......or is the Charlesworth/Moss brains trust working out just nicely??

Mini In Bay 6

I suspect the bulk majority kicked out was over this:

EqTKRMf.jpg

And this:

MJn2jHb.jpg

Which just goes to show East Sydney fans are just like West Sydney fans but with a more desirable post code. Any one of them that claims they don't rip flares are completely full of shit.

n4fe

I was not singing moss out last night, but while we at it... foster IN! Theres only one Fozinho! The special aussie, put your Money where your Mouth is

n4fe

I suspect the bulk majority kicked out was over this:

EqTKRMf.jpg

And this:

MJn2jHb.jpg

Which just goes to show East Sydney fans are just like West Sydney fans but with a more desirable post code. Any one of them that claims they don't rip flares are completely full of shit.
Flares are fine... attacking Unwilling participants is not

Capt. Awesome

I was not singing moss out last night, but while we at it... foster IN! Theres only one Fozinho! The special aussie, put your Money where your Mouth is
Foster in??? huh??? Hope your not talking about Craig Foster. The Foster that never has good thing to say about our club and who has stated many times we shouldn't even be in the A-League.

You couldn't be could??? You must be havn' a laugh.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Flares are fine...
You seem confused. This isn't the RBB forum. We're not a bunch of 13 year olds thinking they're full 'ard screaming 'no pyro no party'
It's Australia, not Europe. So no, flares are not fine. Not only are they illegal but there have already been a number of injuries from flares in HA

n4fe

Yeh i agree about the wankers and the pyro party, but a flare dosnt equal a riot. And yeh, id love to see the Chosen One have a go (foster )

pjennings

Anyone else think the crowd was more than announced I struggle to see another 8K getting in...

12000 is a 60% full stadium. To my mind it looked 75-80% full - so 15,000-16,000. Northern end had plenty of room, a couple of bays on the edge of GA and Gold were sparse - but apart from that very solid around the stadium.

true believer

Yep saw this as well. The couple of SFC idiots thrown out and one Mariners supporter.
a bloke came down the front of bay 8 and was screaming at mossy . telling him to take his membership.
the lady that sits near us told him to go back to his seat . I don't know if anything come of it .

dibo

In attack, we actually created some reasonable chances and with some better supporting running could have created a lot more in the first half (Duke was our best in the first half but woefully under-supported), but none of Simon, Trifiro or Fitzgerald were effective. If we're adding Ferreira then I can see us getting some results at the pointy end.

The switch to 4-4-2 when Major came on won't work every week, but it's not a bad idea as a change-up. He's not bad.

Sydney pressed, but not high up the park. Frankly, their approach in defence was classic Arnie - deep block 4-4-2, let the centre backs have the ball, press when it gets to either the midfield or fullbacks.

We responded to it better than I've seen in a while - we had the good sense to have someone run the ball into the press to draw defenders off their men, and then pass to runners (usually Duke) entering the space vacated. How we played out wasn't the problem. We didn't lose because we gave away the ball in our defensive third.

Then we come to the real problem - defence. This is the issue all year. The defence has been consistently rubbish, we ship goals and we're out of games even when the balance of play would have us in the mix. Normally it's later in the game, this time we shipped goals early. Both times, the centre-backs drifted and fullbacks exposed at the far post.

For the first, Bosnar simply wasn't watching Janko (by which I mean he literally turned his back on him wandered towards the near post and ball-watched as the cross came in), Janko drifted out unmarked and Rose was unable to pick off the cross.

Honestly I was still fuming too much to quite commit to memory how the second happened. The third was a great counterattack where Bernie went straight through broken lines. The fourth was obviously an enormous f**kup and the fifth honestly I was beyond caring.

We created enough that with some confidence (which is the one thing we have missed more than any other thing, not helped in the slightest by bullshit like the Yellow Army singing "let's pretend we've scored a goal" for what, the third game or so this year?) we might actually put some of these away.

You can't do much about Janjetovic's frankly brilliant save of a point blank volley, but a confident Matt Simon wouldn't have tamely dribbled into Janjetovic's hands.

When the lineup was announced, I thought we were going to be pretty attacking because we had Duke and Ftzy wide and they should be strong players for us, having Caceres on meant we'd have the flexibility to go 4-1-4-1 at times for a more flexible approach (and we did), but whether we play 4-4-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, all rely on having a back 4 that stays switched on.

We can talk about Moss out or whatever, but the constant issue is a back 4 that doesn't work. Some of the errors are absolute coach-killers. There's no coach who can stop a defender from ball-watching during a match. The coach can always drop the player though if they keep doing it...

This is where we have the ultimate problem. We're under-equipped. This is down to a combination of injuries, signings and money. We've obviously had injury issues, but I think Bosnar was a bad call and Anderson isn't developing as I'd have hoped. Re-signing Rose for another two years I'm not sure about either, though even given the lack of height, I can imagine worse back 4s for us than:

Roux Poscoliero Rose Neill

One worse option was what we played on the weekend.

Maybe this is the long-term plan, I don't know. But what's playing isn't working. And we're recruiting attackers (presumably hoping to win matches 6-5)! I don't know, but there doesn't seem to be much strategy to what we're doing.

justafan

I like Posco but his poor positioning and poor marking both cost us goals tonight. In fairness though he shouldn't alone be singled out tonight, at least 7-8 players have to take the same responsibility.

Mossy and defenders in general were responsible for such a poor display and result. Mossy showed that he has no clue. We ended up loosing the first half by 3 goals and his brilliant idea was to replace the 2 players that at sometime during a game can create something positive : Triffiro and Caceres. Both were the 2 best players together with Duke v MC. Also, why the f**k didn't he start the game with the same line up that ended up playing v MC? Cernak should have started together with Duke and Fitzy. Matty who came from injury and isn't fit should have come on of the bench. Mossy is responsible for this disastrous season.

justafan

Ok....it's time to break cover......Moss has to go.
We are shambolic. Our defending is atrocious. Our midfield has zero penetration and never drives through the middle.
The only person that played well was Monty who has to start every game. Caceras is just not good enough to hold on to that shirt.
Fitzy had a go but is a headless chook.

That would be the worst I have ever seen us play. Sydney players in the final third were taking the piss like it was a training run.

I spoke to the husband of one of my workers who is from Melbourne and only knows about AFL but even he said ( only his second ever game) "we are so static....there is just no movement and Sydney look so much better on the ball".

We all know that you don't rate him as a player ( ? ) but that's a bit harsh on Caceres. I still believe he's our best footballer and throughout this terrible season he's been one of the most consistently good players in the team. Maybe you think Hutch should be wearing the number 10.

Wombat

Caceras has good feet and is talented BUT he just doesn't create enough. Hutcho creates very little so almost nothing comes up the guts. The other thing that annoys me is he never supports when we stream forward. He should be pushing forward to the edge of the box.
Players have to get into positions to make things happen, he doesn't have that vision or is hamstrung by bad coaching.
I hoped he would be the answer but he hasn't been so far.

justafan

Caceras has good feet and is talented BUT he just doesn't create enough. Hutcho creates very little so almost nothing comes up the guts. The other thing that annoys me is he never supports when we stream forward. He should be pushing forward to the edge of the box.
Players have to get into positions to make things happen, he doesn't have that vision or is hamstrung by bad coaching.
I hoped he would be the answer but he hasn't been so far.

I don't know how much attention you pay to the mariner's bench during a game but I can honesly tell you because I've seen and heard it that when Cac tries to let go and push forward to support an attacking option he gets yelled histerically by Moss and the keeper trainer ( wtf!! ) to stay and drop deep. Like you say, he's hamstrung by bad coaching. Another thing, place yourself in Cac's boots and try to play good attacking football in this ccm'c squad. Imo, he should play as AM.

Gratis

it's hard to know just how good some individuals in the team are or could be when the whole team plays poorly. can't soar like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys type thing.

also I've been pretty unhappy with the lack of tempo generally and lack of positivity moving forward. to date I've blamed that on the game plan.
Dibo's comments have made me reconsider that though. when the back 4 can't be trusted to do their job the lack of confidence pervades those in front - do you burst forward knowing you'll probably also have to be at the back in a few moments to help defend? you'd choose not to get forward more than you should. this includes Rosie choosing whether to get forward.
in theory our attack should be strong, Matty, Dukey, Cac, even Fitzy and Vernes should combine well for goals. but we're not seeing it and my thinking is it definitely starts with the crumbly foundation that is the back 4 (I think surrounded by turkeys is Rose's problem, we've seen he can do it in the past).

I like Trif but what we really need to recruit for are CB's and a number 10, not more strikers. Fabierra ought to be a welcome addition still.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred