• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - Mariners vs $ydney FC - Arnie's back

MrCelery

What was with the big dust up at the end of the match between Arnie and Mossy? Clearly Mossy was very reluctant to shake Arnie's hand and just brushed past him with a very sour look and no eye contact. Arnie then launched a verbal broadside at Mossy as he passed, to which Mossy came back and tried to put his arm around Arnie. But Arnie was having non of it and continued his rant.

nebakke

a bloke came down the front of bay 8 and was screaming at mossy . telling him to take his membership.
the lady that sits near us told him to go back to his seat . I don't know if anything come of it .

He walked off with his mate when the crowd started yelling at him.

Spacks

Really need to fix our two CB's. Cleary Ando and Bosnar are not working out at all.

But who do you replace them with lol

VicMariner

Really need to fix our two CB's. Cleary Ando and Bosnar are not working out at all.

But who do you replace them with lol
We need one CB who is experienced and a good leader to coach the backline during games, a bit like Zwaanswijk did.
One guy to get the best out of the others we have.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Do you reckon Monty might be able to adapt to being in the defence permanently, he can't be worse than Zac or eddy...of course that brings the question of who would replace him in the mids.....Triffers I suppose, but he would have to be more consistent than every second game ( hot v MCFC, cold v Syd)

style_cafe

What was with the big dust up at the end of the match between Arnie and Mossy? Clearly Mossy was very reluctant to shake Arnie's hand and just brushed past him with a very sour look and no eye contact. Arnie then launched a verbal broadside at Mossy as he passed, to which Mossy came back and tried to put his arm around Arnie. But Arnie was having non of it and continued his rant.

I`d say that it may have something to do with Arnie saying that "some of our players rang him to apologise over the money promotion" & then Arnie continuing on with "it shows how far the club has slipped".
If Mossy didn`t take offence to that then something is wrong.

Wombat

do you think that he's 1 of the guys who started the all-in brawl in bay 16:popcorn:

Those dicks were like 17 or 18 years old. The hiding they got was probably a bit OTT but they were asking for it. The fact that Recky said they were hanging about outside abusing husbands and wifes makes me a bit happy that they copped a quick spanking.

Wombat

f'k arnie he can jog on . the difference between us and them is , neither of us will win anything .
but they'll have blown 15 million more for their share of nothing .

Yeah but they sure enjoyed making us look like complete mugs. Thank god for the bogan scum up north.

mariner72

Arnie deserves everything he got and a great marketing campaign by the club finally. a good turnout and great media spotlight on the back of Arnie falling for it in my opinion. Time to move on but we're still s***

localpom

Horrible performance. I'm usually an optimist but am struggling to see where we get something out of this season. I've written off this year as a rebuilding year so don't mind us getting beaten as long as performances improve.....but that wasn't.

nearlyyellow

don't mind us getting beaten as long as performances improve.
Yep, that was a pretty horrible display and I am, like you, resigned to a pretty tame year. But I do agree that as we are well in to the second half of the season now is the time settle on a steady run on side, and the bench should be a bit more settled too. Time for consolidation, and maybe, just maybe, we won't be stirring the porridge this year. :(

nebakke

We seem to always perform better when things start to get tough. There's something strange with the team mentality, I swear.
We seemed to find a bit of form against Roar and MC, the time off, seems to have hurt us... I swear that matches how we have gone in the past, multiple games/week, over a longer period plays us into form. Fewer games, sees us falling apart.

So I'm pinning a little bit of hope to us improving if we can get into the ACL, but I don't really believe it.... ;)

eenfish

Horrible performance. I'm usually an optimist but am struggling to see where we get something out of this season. I've written off this year as a rebuilding year so don't mind us getting beaten as long as performances improve.....but that wasn't.

But we're not rebuilding, we're resigning. Resigning all these mediocre players to multi year contracts.

localpom

But we're not rebuilding, we're resigning. Resigning all these mediocre players to multi year contracts.[/QUOTE
Isn't it all linked in? We have alot of young talent locked in at the Mariners and i have had no problem resigning the likes of Rosey, Monty etc as experienced players who are also excellent clubmen to help develop the younger players potential. The likes of Micky Neill, Liam Rose, Caceres, Fitzy, Kalick, Pandurevic, Major,Tricky, Storm, Poz, etc all have alot of improving to do and most of them will develop into great players IMO. But....they have to be managed well and we do have to balance all this out by having 2 or 3 players in our starting side with real proven quality. Ferreira will help.

ballantyne

That 6-5 comment was very funny Dibo but I don't agree with your analysis.
I feel we are stuck with an unworkable attack formation: a no10 who is not allowed to drive forward, and inverted wingers who always cut inside, one of whom has only one leg and neither of whom are Cristiano Ronaldo.
This leaves 2 and 3 terribly exposed and buggered by half time, hence always vulnerable at quick transitions.
I think this also explains why we are recruiting attackers when we ship goals like at $10 hooker. Moss, IMO mistakenly, believes this formation can work.
My solution would be either a proper #10 or uninvert those wingers.

Roy Law

I have been away on holiday, a week without TV or Internet, so have only just watched the recording. I was hoping for real momentum after we stuffed City. I was hoping to say that Moss had redeemed himself and I could fold my Moss Out banner and put it away but I was wrong. I am not the only one who thinks Moss has to go; several of us have been saying so for most of the year.
What is the story with Cernak? One of our best against City but not even on the bench - is he injured, unwell, disinterested or leaving? No explanation from the club. If it was tactical Moss needs to go back to pre-school.
Duke had his best game of the year against City:playing up front; scoring two goals and robbed of a third. His reward was to be put out to the left wing. I love Matt Simon but there is something seriously wrong when Duke's reward is to be played out of position.
After Travis Major scoring a goal I expect him to be left out of the squad altogether for our next game.

go you yellow

I have been away on holiday, a week without TV or Internet, so have only just watched the recording. I was hoping for real momentum after we stuffed City. I was hoping to say that Moss had redeemed himself and I could fold my Moss Out banner and put it away but I was wrong. I am not the only one who thinks Moss has to go; several of us have been saying so for most of the year.
What is the story with Cernak? One of our best against City but not even on the bench - is he injured, unwell, disinterested or leaving? No explanation from the club. If it was tactical Moss needs to go back to pre-school.
Duke had his best game of the year against City:playing up front; scoring two goals and robbed of a third. His reward was to be put out to the left wing. I love Matt Simon but there is something seriously wrong when Duke's reward is to be played out of position.
After Travis Major scoring a goal I expect him to be left out of the squad altogether for our next game.

I'm in the same camp, I thought Cernak and Vernes were great getting into space and feeding good ball to Duke to see him score twice. Next game leave them out.... If we pulled a result I would tip my hat and recognise the masterstroke of tactical genius - but getting belted - criticism Is fair.

There needs to be an investigation - someone needs to be held accountable ! - my Geoff Toovey rant is over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred