• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - Mariners vs $ydney FC - Arnie's back

dibo

The Club's doing a bit of a thing about Arnie coming back with his Arnie Dollars and stuff (which intentionally or not is ripping off the old Lowy Dollars joke that other clubs started and SFC fans ran with).

B7x6-rhCQAEcxov.jpg

There's a bit of a lather on about the club doing a pdf of Arnie Dollars that you can print at home to take to the game.

All of which is a lovely way to get people talking about the game, but in the end the game is the real story.

What do we reckon we're going to see after both sides have had themselves a little break?

gull

Yeah it's like the club didn't exist until he came along.

I'll always appreciate what he did for us, but he built on firm foundations that were already in place...

Seems he can dish it out but can't take it.

Big Al

Interesting
Arnie left us mid season for failed Japan job and took mcglinchy
And took Ibini from under us and took some AC bloke
Vs.
Most successful coach in club history with incredible generosity to his players in tough times.

Neither mossy or Arnie sem to be as good without each other. Both doing alright but not the same. They are batman and robin.

Conflicted.

Wombat

Yes I'm conflicted as well.

Arnie was a great coach for us and showed ruthlessness and professionalism of a standard we hadn't seen before or since.
He won us the toilet seat and I will always respect him for that BUT he has also acted like a dog towards us since he left.....Weemac, Ibini, Clarke etc.

style_cafe

Lighten up Arnie it`s promoting the game & nothing like the shit he came back with which was just vile towards our club.

mariner72

You would expect him to laugh wouldn't you as just a simple marketing campaign by the club and all tongue in cheek. All he's done is expose something no one really cared about, he's clearly not that smart is he after all and just very sensitive. Maybe things not quite going to plan at $F?

Capt. Awesome

I respect what Arnie has done but I think he has overreacted. The ad just pokes fun at the cash that SydneyFC has to gain the upper hand. No disrespect was intended and it was just a bit of light hearted banter. He could have laughed it off but instead is seeking legal action. Very immature if you ask me.

As for the game. I'm really excited about this one. I really think we are in for a good shot at another win. The boys are confident and Sydney FC are on a poor run with performance and injuries. Looking forward to seeing if Duke can get on a roll.

localpom

Can't wait for this one. Seems ages since we have had a big game at home with a decent timeslot. Sydney have alot of firepower up front but can only play 2 or 3.If we can contain Janko and Bernie then this is ours for the taking as their side is not as balanced as ours.Defensively they are a bit fragile and if Matty and Dukey are on song then they will create problems for them.

scottmac

Suspended
Let's get real here guys. Who in all honesty can put their hand up & say that before Arnie came here he was on their Christmas card list? The guy was a c**t end of. The way he hung the national team out to dry after the 2007 Asian cup was tragic.
He came here & had some successful years & we all love him for it. But we are in the minority.
There are some people out there acting like he is some club legend. In 20 yrs time he'll just be a successful manager who was here for less than 1/10 of our existence while LM will still be attending games as a fan (if we still exist ;))
We may not see those times again in regards to success but we were never going to be the team that stays at the top long term. He was at the right team at the right time.
Give him f**king heaps. Boo the c**t. Throw that f**king fake cash at him cause that media release had nothing to do with him being offended & everything to do with beating us come Saturday.

sydmariner

Let's get real here guys. Who in all honesty can put their hand up & say that before Arnie came here he was on their Christmas card list? The guy was a c**t end of. The way he hung the national team out to dry after the 2007 Asian cup was tragic.
He came here & had some successful years & we all love him for it. But we are in the minority.
There are some people out there acting like he is some club legend. In 20 yrs time he'll just be a successful manager who was here for less than 1/10 of our existence while LM will still be attending games as a fan (if we still exist ;))
We may not see those times again in regards to success but we were never going to be the team that stays at the top long term. He was at the right team at the right time.
Give him f**king heaps. Boo the c**t. Throw that f**king fake cash at him cause that media release had nothing to do with him being offended & everything to do with beating us come Saturday.
He's not even worth throwing cheese at:vhappy:

marinerbhoy

\ The way he hung the national team out to dry after the 2007 Asian cup was tragic.
\.

I respect your opinion but I completely disagree. In fact it was the FFA, national team players and coaching staff that left Arnie out to dry. The FFA refused to grant him permanent status giving him an extended 'caretaker' position, which in turn led to the players showing nothing but disrespect to him. He didn't control the playing group because they were all told that he would be replaced after the Asian Cup regardless of the result. It is impossible to perform as a coach under such circumstances. Also his players disrespected the 2007 Asian Cup in which they thought they would win by just showing up after going out nearly every night. They treated it as a holiday, hence Arnold's massive shake up of the starting line for our third group game against Thailand. I was there and the rumours of the playing group ignoring Arnold's curfew instructions are true.

Arnie also identified the need to develop a new generation and he did start on this; however the FFA abandoned this process by appointing Verbeek. Something that was not addressed until 7 years later. Imagine if the FFA listened to him then!

Sorry to go off topic. Been a while since I posted last.

kevrenor

Saturday, 24 January 2015

Central Coast Mariners FC v Sydney FC

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off: 7:30 PM (Local) (7:30 PM AEDT)

Referee: Jarred Gillett (May the saints preserve us!)
Assistant Referee 1: Ryan Gallagher
Assistant Referee 2: James Tesoriero
Fourth Official: Strebre Delovski

TV Broadcast: Live and exclusive coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 1 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast: 92.5 ABC Central Coast, 702 ABC Sydney & ABC Local Radio NSW, Grandstand Digital Sydney, Online/ABC Radio Mobile phone app, Coast FM (Central Coast)