• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-Season Games

Forum Phoenix

I agree with GrA. After Timmy, I think Barbourouses is arguably the best attacker in the league at present given Berisha is beginning to fade - the main rival i think is Fornaroli. Krishna is very good, Finkler better, we know what Weemac can do and Bonavacia (is it?) is also good. Kiwis are revved up about their attack. And rightly so I think.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

I agree with GrA. After Timmy, I think Barbourouses is arguably the best attacker in the league at present given Berisha is beginning to fade main rival i think is Fornaroli. Krishna is very good, Finkler better, we know what Weemac can do and Bonavacia (is it?) is also good. Kiwis are revved up about their attack. And rightly so I think.
Bonevacia is an amazing player and an insanely hard worker as well. If the Nux can get their defence sorted they're my pick for the title.

Luca Brasi

They will be a good test. City started however with only 3 recognised defenders in Chapman, Malik and Rose, all a bit dodgy, 2 set pieces from Finkler.

nebakke

Bonevacia is an amazing player and an insanely hard worker as well. If the Nux can get their defence sorted they're my pick for the title.

He does, without a doubt, have the qualities and does work hard but... His temper lets him down something fierce.
Look at him at the Year's game. They were losing and by the second half, he spent more time complaining at the ref about perceived slights and every single little niggle than he did actually playing ball. He gets frustrated when he fails to get around defences and then he starts whinging about every thing, whether it's something relating to him or not... I know the nix fans tend to feel that he's targeted and doesn't get half the free kicks that he should, but I think they fail to realise how much leeway he is also given by the refs, when you look at his constant whinging.

For mine, there were two players that stood out last year, as having quality and potential, but who really let themselves down in the relationship to the rulebook (for lack of a better description) - it was Bonevacia and Tavares... Bonevacia as outlined above, and Tavares because - to be frank, he should've been carded off before halftime in both of the BT games.

I honestly hope that both of them can clean that bit up this season, Tavares for obvious reasons and Bonevacia because I think he'd be exceptional if he'd just bl**dy focus on his game even when they're behind.

JoyfulPenguin

He does, without a doubt, have the qualities and does work hard but... His temper lets him down something fierce.
Look at him at the Year's game. They were losing and by the second half, he spent more time complaining at the ref about perceived slights and every single little niggle than he did actually playing ball. He gets frustrated when he fails to get around defences and then he starts whinging about every thing, whether it's something relating to him or not... I know the nix fans tend to feel that he's targeted and doesn't get half the free kicks that he should, but I think they fail to realise how much leeway he is also given by the refs, when you look at his constant whinging.

For mine, there were two players that stood out last year, as having quality and potential, but who really let themselves down in the relationship to the rulebook (for lack of a better description) - it was Bonevacia and Tavares... Bonevacia as outlined above, and Tavares because - to be frank, he should've been carded off before halftime in both of the BT games.

I honestly hope that both of them can clean that bit up this season, Tavares for obvious reasons and Bonevacia because I think he'd be exceptional if he'd just bl**dy focus on his game even when they're behind.
I reckon that he would have been successfull at Ajax if he didn't have that streak. He was just as good as Mooy a couple years ago when the Nix were challenging for the championship. Him feeding Finkler is a dangerous thing for any side.

Coach

It will be interesting, I would not worry about Bonevacia, I thought Neill had him in his back pocket at least 2 of the 3 games, this led to his frustration, Neill was a little agricutural on him in the first game but the last game he really gave him little peace. My worry is Bonevacia and Babroucisis toegther, they will be hand ful and both Neill and Pain will need to be on their toes.

Tevor

The Knox Grammer pitch is looking good, is fully marked and goals set up already. Perhaps for some training pre match day. Just hope the weather holds out.

shipwreck

Anyone else see the video of the latest training session?

Okon is very passionate and loud, getting them fired up is for sure. He seemed to be teaching them basic football concepts, like making your first touch up and away into space.

FFC Mariner

The Knox Grammer pitch is looking good, is fully marked and goals set up already. Perhaps for some training pre match day. Just hope the weather holds out.

Went past it this morning and it's been carved up pretty badly IMHO. Looks like a couple of games played on it yesterday and the centre area was roped off.

Hopefully a good rolling will fix it

nebakke

At least it sounds like we're in the game - as opposed to City, so there's that... Finding a bit of hope in this preseason, since the new coach, but maybe that's just because I haven't actually had a chance to see the boys live ;)

JoyfulPenguin

Sounded like we had quite a few chances from the twitter feed. Only conceding one goal was good too especially considering Manchester City Colonial Outpost #3 conceded 4. Starting to believe we might be a chance for the finals!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred