• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-Season Games

pjennings

It seems like the season just ended the first pre-season game I have heard about was announced today.

Wellington Phoenix to tackle Central Coast Mariners at Nelson's Trafalgar Park
PHILLIP ROLLO

Last updated 15:53 12/05/2016

Trafalgar Park in Nelson will host the preseason football fixture between the Wellington Phoenix and Central Coast Mariners.

When Ernie Merrick was holidaying in Nelson last year, the Wellington Phoenix gaffer commented that he'd like to bring his team with him on his next trip.

He's obviously true to his word.

The Wellington Phoenix have confirmed they will take on the Central Coast Mariners in a A-League preseason game at Nelson's Trafalgar Park on September 24.

It will be the first time the Phoenix have taken a game to the top of the South Island - a further boost to a city that is already buoyed by the news that Tasman United has been included in the 2016-17 New Zealand national league.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...tral-Coast-Mariners-at-Nelsons-Trafalgar-Park

Wombat

My mate (and ex team mate at Hornsby RSL) is the mayor of Nelson.
Great guy but I wouldn't leave him in charge of an ice cream van......just a touch on the vague side.

FFC Mariner

Splashin the cash taking the boys to NZ

"The Nelson game, organised by Trafalgar Events, will be one of the first opportunities for Phoenix fans to see star recruit Kosta Barbarouses back in action for his hometown club and the first chance to see playmaker Gui Finkler in yellow and black after he too signed on from the Melbourne Victory at the end of the 2015-16 campaign."

I'm guessing we arent spending anything - good business if thats the case

Wombat

Was he your Goalkeeper? :popcorn:

Centre forward.

I found him an absolute doddle to play against at training...but feed him a chance in a game and Aldo would slot it easy as.
Some players are like that. Tony G from NSW Football was the same. I could mug him 9 times out 10 at training but in a GF he would shine and score a hatrick.
I think sometimes talent outshines endeavour.

Last edited:

pjennings

July 12 - 2 games - first against Central Coast Select followed by the Mariners Academy - realistically all players getting game time.

Event Details
Venue: Pluim Park, Lisarow
Date: Tuesday July 12
Gates Open: 5.00pm
Kick off:
6pm - Central Coast Mariners v Central Coast Select
8pm - Central Coast Mariners v Central Coast Mariners Academy

Rowdy

The Central Coast Select side's Coaches & Player's have been announced:

Mariners set for test against Coast's best:
ccf-select_1jnnf2vzvqlub1byo408yg3ju5.jpg

The Central Coast Mariners are excited to announce the return of the Central Coast Select fixture that will see the Mariners face off against some of the best local players at Pluim Park, Lisarow on July 12.

A selection of players from the Central Coast Football Battelwin Premier League/Division One competitions will be split into two teams (north & south) and coached by Killarney District Soccer Club’s Chris Ackerley and Gosford City FC’s Ian McAndrew to face off against the Central Coast Mariners The Central Coast Select squad will be handpicked by the above coaches who are bound by two key rules:

Rule 1: There must be at least one player from each local club selected in the Central Coast Select squad.
Rule 2: There is only to be a maximum of two players from any one local team.

The squads that are set to take on the Mariners are as follows.

Screenshot_2016-07-07-11-50-05-1_zpsic1ixn9s.png

Screenshot_2016-07-07-11-50-11-1_zpsfu4mdcj6.png

The CCF Clubs will be split into the following two teams who will each play one half against the Central Coast Mariners:
Screenshot_2016-07-07-11-50-25-1_zps200uvwbf.png

One player who featured for the Central Coast Select side in the inaugural version of this fixture in 2005 was Mariners’ all time leading goal scorer Matt Simon who was then plying his trade with East Gosford. In what is set to be an exciting community event during the July School Holidays, all profits made from the gold coin entry will be donated to Coast Shelter who provide accommodation for over 150 men, women, children and youth as well as over 1000 free meals every week to those in need on the Central Coast.

Also on the night, the Central Coast Mariners will play against the Central Coast Mariners Academy, which will follow the Select match.

Event details -
Venue:
Pluim Park, Lisarow
Date: Tuesday July 12
Gates Open: 5:00pm
Kick off:
6pm:
– CCoast Mariners v CCoast Select
8pm: – CCoast Mariners v CCM Academy
Entry Fee: Gold Coin entry.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Great to see Mitchell Harper listed above in the North Select side, good friends with his mum&dad - Marty & Wendy, who'll be both proud to see him play.

Came up through the juniors at CC United FC & CC Lightning, right through to Mens 1st Grade. Played at Manly United for a season or 2 I think in the juniors?

Likewise Mark Harmsworth as well, his Mum Donna will be stoked.

Looking forward to this game.
....but NOT freezing my nuts off.:eek:

dibo

How are Wyong and Ourimbah in south whilst Terrigal is in the north? Wouldn't they go by the old council boundaries?

Timmah

I noticed at the election that Terrigal's I think now (or was) in Dobell when Avoca and surrounds are Robertson (I might have that arse-about), maybe it's dumb electoral logic they're using?

Rowdy

Maybe its based on the new "6 Ghetto's" .... I mean Burrough's, Bruce Baird divided the Coast into affter almagamation of Gosford & Wyong Council's.

Paolo

How are Wyong and Ourimbah in south whilst Terrigal is in the north? Wouldn't they go by the old council boundaries?
Terrigal are only in north to give an even split of BPL clubs.

I get that the concept is designed to enage all clubs, but the restriction on min and max number from each clubs is a bit farcical when it results in mens all age players taking the field against professionals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred