• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Next CCM Manager

Wombat

Sully was part of the original Mariners spirit, played in "that" game against the scum with the brawl in the tunnel - he gets it. He might just be able to fire them up enough to get us 9th

Did a great job with Mossy before they were sacked;)

Wombat

Imagine him laughing at Brosque like this!
original

That is great. Cant stop laughing at that.

midfielder

Scott Miller ...hhhmmmmm

From Wiki
In 2006, Miller moved to England to further his coaching ambitions. He joined Fulham F.C. as a fitness coach. He was later appointed assistant technical coach.[3][4]

When Ange Postecoglou was appointed Head Coach of Australia in late 2013, he took on a short-term role as an assistant coach.[5]

After nine seasons with Fulham Football club, in June 2015, Miller was released by Fulham to pursue other opportunities.[6][7]

Soon after leaving Fulham, he was linked to the Newcastle Jets head coach role.[1] It was confirmed that he had penned a two-year deal with the club on 18 June.[8] The appointment of Miller made him the youngest Head Coach in the decade-long history of the A-League at just 33 years of age.[9]

In his first season Miller set about regaining the respect for the club, and achieved this by finishing a respectable 8th League position under challenging financial limitations. Although missing out on finals football, it was widely regarded that the club had made significant strides forward in stabilising the clubs future within the league.

On 7th September 2016 it was reported that Miller was released from his position as Head Coach. It has never been confirmed, however it was understood to be a 'political' decision to relieve Miller of his duties as Head Coach.

Miller possess a AFC Pro Diploma, UEFA A-Licence, and also holds university degrees in sports science and psychology.[1]

On November 30 2016, Miller returned to Europe and joined Danish club AaB Fodbold as an assistant coach, on a two year contract.[

Scotty

Scott Miller ...hhhmmmmm

From Wiki
In 2006, Miller moved to England to further his coaching ambitions. He joined Fulham F.C. as a fitness coach. He was later appointed assistant technical coach.[3][4]

When Ange Postecoglou was appointed Head Coach of Australia in late 2013, he took on a short-term role as an assistant coach.[5]

After nine seasons with Fulham Football club, in June 2015, Miller was released by Fulham to pursue other opportunities.[6][7]

Soon after leaving Fulham, he was linked to the Newcastle Jets head coach role.[1] It was confirmed that he had penned a two-year deal with the club on 18 June.[8] The appointment of Miller made him the youngest Head Coach in the decade-long history of the A-League at just 33 years of age.[9]

In his first season Miller set about regaining the respect for the club, and achieved this by finishing a respectable 8th League position under challenging financial limitations. Although missing out on finals football, it was widely regarded that the club had made significant strides forward in stabilising the clubs future within the league.

On 7th September 2016 it was reported that Miller was released from his position as Head Coach. It has never been confirmed, however it was understood to be a 'political' decision to relieve Miller of his duties as Head Coach.

Miller possess a AFC Pro Diploma, UEFA A-Licence, and also holds university degrees in sports science and psychology.[1]

On November 30 2016, Miller returned to Europe and joined Danish club AaB Fodbold as an assistant coach, on a two year contract.[
Yep, I read his Wiki entry after Okon split. Miller was on the latest Fox Sports Football Podcast (recorded on Monday) where he was asked about his coaching aspirations. He was also at our game on Sunday.

In his Wiki entry, of most interest is this:
"In his first season Miller set about regaining the respect for the club, and achieved this by finishing a respectable 8th League position under challenging financial limitations. Although missing out on finals football, it was widely regarded that the club had made significant strides forward in stabilising the clubs future within the league."

There's resonance with us there, except for the bit that says "respectable 8th League position"! LOL Maybe he wrote the Wiki entry himself?

Scotty

I wouldnt be surprised to see a Pom at the helm as MC seams to be rubbing shoulders with a few Football illuminati over there.

A decent coach NOT just a famous ex player could smash this league open....someone like Sam Alladyce.

What about the boy wonder who was coaching the All Whites and mentioned as a possibility after Tony?
I see your Sam Alladyce and raise you one Harry Redknapp?

Ozhammer

Yep it’s a PR battle right now between him and the club and both want to look good and have excuses
Ignoring the inevitable spin, I am just relieved it has happened in truth. My genuine fear was that the club would allow him to continue to the end of the season and then renew his contract and that could have been fatal for our club.

His lack of man management skills, stubbornness, lack of tactical versatility and the ruination of our team culture were more than reason enough to get rid of him imo. We do however need to retain the services of Balder and Nash, who are two guys that did their jobs professionally and diligently.

Whoever comes in next will have to be much more accountable than Oklic ever were and be held to high standards on and off the pitch. The club absolutely cannot get its next appointment wrong, or we will all likely have to watch our club die an agonising death.

Reactions: adz

scottmac

Suspended
Ignoring the inevitable spin, I am just relieved it has happened in truth. My genuine fear was that the club would allow him to continue to the end of the season and then renew his contract and that could have been fatal for our club.

His lack of man management skills, stubbornness, lack of tactical versatility and the ruination of our team culture were more than reason enough to get rid of him imo. We do however need to retain the services of Balder and Nash, who are two guys that did their jobs professionally and diligently.

Whoever comes in next will have to be much more accountable than Oklic ever were and be held to high standards on and off the pitch. The club absolutely cannot get its next appointment wrong, or we will all likely have to watch our club die an agonising death.
Yep this.
The reason for my despair yesterday is that the way this has played out does not look good for attracting the right manager. Like i said the only saving grace here would be a situation like the Celtic rumour.

nebakke

Yep this.
The reason for my despair yesterday is that the way this has played out does not look good for attracting the right manager. Like i said the only saving grace here would be a situation like the Celtic rumour.

Did you have a listen to the Poddie this morning though? From what the boys are saying it sounds like what the club is ding is basically just saying "We can't have the coach make all of the hiring/firing decisions, you'll need to consult and communicate with other stakeholders in the club" which sounds pretty reasonable to me tbh...
Feels a bit like we've see-sawed here, gone from a very lose control under Moss, to way too tight reigns under TW and back to way too trusting and relaxed under Paolo... Hopefully they'll get it right this time.

scottmac

Suspended
Did you have a listen to the Poddie this morning though? From what the boys are saying it sounds like what the club is ding is basically just saying "We can't have the coach make all of the hiring/firing decisions, you'll need to consult and communicate with other stakeholders in the club" which sounds pretty reasonable to me tbh...
Feels a bit like we've see-sawed here, gone from a very lose control under Moss, to way too tight reigns under TW and back to way too trusting and relaxed under Paolo... Hopefully they'll get it right this time.
I haven't listened yet but you can be sure the truth is half way between the clubs and Okons stories
Also it doesn't matter what the truth is just how the incoming manager percieves it

Gratis

I want a coach with this philosophy:
"I'm a realistic coach and I like creative football, I like to have the ball but I also like to win and that's the most important thing, I think it's important that we play in a way that fits the players and also the coach. You cannot play in a way that the players cannot do." Bert van Marwijk

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred