• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Next CCM Manager

midfielder

Any way we look at it whoever is in the running for the job will look at what's happened today and have reservations. We will not have a experienced manager here next year and even the inexperienced would be foolish to take a role where you have limited control over recruitment.

Big call ..... just maybe .... consider .... Paul had a couple of things he needed to improve .... and consider he was told this ... just maybe it was suggested he change his lets say coaching methods ...

Scotty

Scott Miller has just returned to Australia for family reasons and said he'd like to return to a coaching position in the A-league. Not sure how that would go down, but he'd probably fit our budget.

pjennings

Scott Miller has just returned to Australia for family reasons and said he'd like to return to a coaching position in the A-league. Not sure how that would go down, but he'd probably fit our budget.

Weren't the Scum unable to score under him?

Gratis

"Paul, I think this has run its course, you should resign."
"No."
"Ok, next year you don't get to choose who you sign."
"....Bye."
I've been thinking this too. When companies want a poor employee to leave but can't sack them they can make it uncomfortable for them so that they don't want to be there

Coastalraider

I've been thinking this too. When companies want a poor employee to leave but can't sack them they can make it uncomfortable for them so that they don't want to be there

But he was out of contracts his season?

I guess it depends on when his actual date of contract end was ... but likely this has only bought us a month, and I would t think that would be a great strategic move.

JoyfulPenguin

Arthur Papas is back at Green Gully, would be a good fit and personally my preferred option, Green Gully do not have an overly large budget yet they regularly does well. Has traveled the globe to try and improve his coaching, from India to Saudi Arabia.

Scott Miller moved to Denmark to be an assistant coach and would have some good overseas links, his Newcastle team did reasonably well.

Mark Crittenden has a record unparalleled in the NSW NPL and has developed quite a few players that went on to do well in the A-League after they had been cast aside by A-League clubs.

Ben Cahn has done extremely well with a limited budget at Olympic and is currently leading the Queensland NPL.

Gary Phillips has been coaching in Malaysia and the Philippines and doing well, currently unemployed.

John Anastasiadis has done a brilliant job regularly with the Bentleigh Greens but they do have a rather large budget for the NPLV so what he could offer us might be limited

George Katsakis has been doing a terrific job with Heidelberg for a number of years and beat Perth Glory in the cup last year as well as taking out the overall NPL finals, Heidelberg do have a rather large budget though. He bleeds for Heidelberg though and probably couldn't be lured

Chris Taylor was let go by South Melbourne, basically a coup by the board that a whole bunch of people disagreed with, he has a terrific record in the NPLV for a number of years not just with South Melbourne but with clubs with much smaller budgets.

rbakersmith

Whoever the new coach ends up being, they need to have Hutch and/or Monty as their assistant, just so there can be no doubt about what the culture expectations are in our club.

There's no way that Hutch would come back to be an assistant - he's currently head coach at Sounders FC 2.

Gratis

This place has gone from the depths of despair to optimism in a second because of the same bullshit we've seen go on at this club because of one person. Yeah maybe right decision but f**k me it's raising so many more red flags.
You talk like you were in that meeting, or have directly spoken to someone who was. If not you're guessing too, yes?

The club said to Okon: if you're going to continue on here some things have to change.
Okon said no.

We don't actually know exactly what those conditions were.
But things HAD to change.

We all know this doesn't mean we are flush with cash and much else other than the coach might change. But it's a better step then nothing having changed.
And we still don't know Gatty's other suggested news.

I'm going to stick with my wait and see approach before getting too excited or upset either way

scottmac

Suspended
You talk like you were in that meeting, or have directly spoken to someone who was. If not you're guessing too, yes?

The club said to Okon: if you're going to continue on here some things have to change.
Okon said no.

We don't actually know exactly what those conditions were.
But things HAD to change.

We all know this doesn't mean we are flush with cash and much else other than the coach might change. But it's a better step then nothing having changed.
And we still don't know Gatty's other suggested news.

I'm going to stick with my wait and see approach before getting too excited or upset either way
No I don't. I've repeated exactly what people like Gatty are saying.
Whatever Gattys news is this has taken him by surprise. He fully expected okon to be there next year. MC flies in and bang it all changes. I may be wrong but I just don't feel good about how this has happened and what it means for someone coming in.

Big Al

Ramon Tribulietx- excellent record at Auckland FC
Doesn’t hold the right license. Wasn’t eligible for the Nix job either. Has a Spanish license not recognized by the right people so needs to sort this out. Currently not eligible.

Article was very recent

Pirate Pete

Doesn’t hold the right license. Wasn’t eligible for the Nix job either. Has a Spanish license not recognized by the right people so needs to sort this out. Currently not eligible.

Article was very recent

Getting it in May.
OPINION: Ramon Tribulietx should be the next All Whites coach, but New Zealand Football don't see it that way and will probably plump for another overseas up-and-comer.

NZF are expected to stand fast on their requirement for the next senior national team coach to have a Pro Licence, and want that coach in place by March.

Tribulietx is understood to be completing his Pro Licence in May. It is understood one NZF official has already told Tribulietx that his lack of a Pro Licence will all but rule him out of the running.

Wombat

Sully for the rest of the year but no more.

Popa possible, but as pointed out too expensive.

Corica if he doesn't get the Sydney job but he is very rusted on SFC. It would only be used as a stepping stone.

Kurz?

Mori is very rusted on Adelaide but could take a chance to move up.

I imagine it would be someone willing to take on a massive challenge (almost poisoned chalice) with enough confidence that they can produce where others have failed.
If they can be successful they would be able to write their own ticket for the future.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a Pom at the helm as MC seams to be rubbing shoulders with a few Football illuminati over there.

A decent coach NOT just a famous ex player could smash this league open....someone like Sam Alladyce.

What about the boy wonder who was coaching the All Whites and mentioned as a possibility after Tony?

Pirate Pete

I wouldnt be surprised to see a Pom at the helm as MC seams to be rubbing shoulders with a few Football illuminati over there.

A decent coach NOT just a famous ex player could smash this league open....someone like Sam Alladyce.

What about the boy wonder who was coaching the All Whites and mentioned as a possibility after Tony?

Imagine him laughing at Brosque like this!
original

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred