• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Next CCM Manager

JoyfulPenguin

Mulvey v Papas.............you would have to pick Mulvey surely?

If i'm picking a novice Im looking at Cahn or Crittenden first. Having said that Papas will definately get a gig soon.
If I was in a Shaun's shoes Mulvey is a good and safe option. I think he is a great manager to lead us to a finals spot, looking further forward I fear he may be limited. If I was in Shaun's place I would probably pick Mulvey as he is easier to justify and can has proven himself at this level before. I really think Papas will be a great coach one day, but whether the timing is right for another inexperienced coach in the tight position we are in is another question. Mulvey is probably what we need right now, experience and a reputation to restablish ourselves when stocks are down. Papas is a risk but one I do believe would pay off handsomely. Moving forward and creating the culture we all want back I believe he would be the best man to do just that.

TLDR Mulvey will lead us back to the finals, Papas will create a future.

Wombat

If I was in a Shaun's shoes Mulvey is a good and safe option. I think he is a great manager to lead us to a finals spot, looking further forward I fear he may be limited. If I was in Shaun's place I would probably pick Mulvey as he is easier to justify and can has proven himself at this level before. I really think Papas will be a great coach one day, but whether the timing is right for another inexperienced coach in the tight position we are in is another question. Mulvey is probably what we need right now, experience and a reputation to restablish ourselves when stocks are down. Papas is a risk but one I do believe would pay off handsomely. Moving forward and creating the culture we all want back I believe he would be the best man to do just that.

TLDR Mulvey will lead us back to the finals, Papas will create a future.

Limited how.?

priorpeter

Whoever it is will be on a hiding to nothing unless the pikey opens his f**king wallet.
Mourinho, zidane, guardiola, gattuso... means nowt if we’re not signing someone who can f**kin score goals.
Mulvey, yeah sure he did okay with a squad he inherited from Ange but by all accounts is a horrible man manager - let’s see how that works out (oh wait we already have seen how that works with moss, walmsley, Okon...)

Big Al

Whoever it is will be on a hiding to nothing unless the pikey opens his f**king wallet.
Mourinho, zidane, guardiola, gattuso... means nowt if we’re not signing someone who can f**kin score goals.
Mulvey, yeah sure he did okay with a squad he inherited from Ange but by all accounts is a horrible man manager - let’s see how that works out (oh wait we already have seen how that works with moss, walmsley, Okon...)
But he said it was an accident he didn’t mean to leave his wallet at home and he will pay us back next time. I know it’s his shout but I think he went to the bathroom, he wouldn’t have gone home. He even said Mark Key would be at the Christmas party. Are you telling me that wasn’t true :doh:

Wombat

Thats a no thanks Sully.

0 points out of possible 9 is not really going to set the turnstyles on fire buddy. Although Pikey is probably excited about your offer to coach us for a box of mars bars and a slab each week.

Ancient Mariner

I am concerned this is sounding like the Walmsley international search for a coach where he found himself.

I would like to see Sully get a run somewhere but we have taken too many unsuccessful chances already.

This is crunch time (or even the next step on) we must have a proven quality coach able to deliver and one who already has a suit to wear at the game.

Insertnamehere

I am concerned this is sounding like the Walmsley international search for a coach where he found himself.

I would like to see Sully get a run somewhere but we have taken too many unsuccessful chances already.

This is crunch time (or even the next step on) we must have a proven quality coach able to deliver and one who already has a suit to wear at the game.
I don't think Shaun, the board and hopefully MC are that stupid. This appointment is the final one for the club if they get it wrong.
There'll be 5000ish to games and zero interest from HAL supporters just as where it is with the nux.
CCM will be next on the block when they cut a team to expand. That may well be MCs plan but I'm not that cynical to think it is.

yorkshireman

Just been told that Kwassie was on the radio this morning and he was talking as if Mulvey wasn't a cert for the job. ANyone hear it or have any insight?

greenlig

Apart from the TWG article and other smatterings of "looks like Mulvey is in"...what are people basing the Mulvey meme on?

Insertnamehere

Just been told that Kwassie was on the radio this morning and he was talking as if Mulvey wasn't a cert for the job. ANyone hear it or have any insight?
A good thing if they have a better option like guti.... But if spud English managers were put off by money, certainly one of Real's greats would answer his phone

FFC Mariner

I don't think Shaun, the board and hopefully MC are that stupid. This appointment is the final one for the club if they get it wrong.
There'll be 5000ish to games and zero interest from HAL supporters just as where it is with the nux.
CCM will be next on the block when they cut a team to expand. That may well be MCs plan but I'm not that cynical to think it is.
I admire your faith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred