• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Next CCM Manager

Woollybutt

Doesn’t hold the right license. Wasn’t eligible for the Nix job either. Has a Spanish license not recognized by the right people so needs to sort this out. Currently not eligible.

Article was very recent
There are stupid ways around that if we really wanted him, like listing Sully or Monty as head coach with Tribulietx as his assistant. Zidane used to be listed as assistant coach for Real's B team when he was coaching them because he didn't have the right licence. I think there have been other examples too. If we identified Tribulietx as the best option then a short-term arrangement like that might be a sneaky way to get him ahead of any other interested clubs or national teams.

localpom

Sulli better not be the favourite.
Mulvey I could handle. Though some of the NPL candidates mentioned previously sound a goer.
Obviously the club needs to be thorough and vet the candidates to the nth degree because this is a make or break appointment. Maybe enlist some old boys to be a panel or something like that.
Sully is obviously just taking over until a new manager is found. It is possible of course he could be assistant as he has done that before. That i guess would depend on who comes in.

Timmah

No thanks Miller.

As for Sully, he's interim. And I could be wrong but he's probably the only person within the club who's got the qualifications to actually do the job in the interim?

Woollybutt

No thanks Miller.

As for Sully, he's interim. And I could be wrong but he's probably the only person within the club who's got the qualifications to actually do the job in the interim?
Yep. Monty has an A Licence and is hoping to get the Pro Licence done next year and transition from the Head of Football job into coaching. Sully is the only one left who has an AFC Pro Licence.
Link to Monty talking about his plans in January http://www.pfa.net.au/?p=6818

bikinigirl

McKinna knifed him to bring in Ernie IIRC

. i'm not sure on your timeline there:
  • Miller made way for your man Mark Jones
  • Ernie would have still been at Wellington
  • Ernie replaced Jones
. from what i recall of Miller's swift departure - it came about after he and his assistant carried on like petulant kids in China. the new Chinese owner said 'you don't carry on like f**kwits in public especially in my home country ... seeya!'*

* this is my recollection of my interpretation of the reports at the time (i.e. complete bullshit and not a direct quote or translation) ... but a reasonable approximation of the events IMO

shipwreck

. i'm not sure on your timeline there:
  • Miller made way for your man Mark Jones
  • Ernie would have still been at Wellington
  • Ernie replaced Jones
. from what i recall of Miller's swift departure - it came about after he and his assistant carried on like petulant kids in China. the new Chinese owner said 'you don't carry on like f**kwits in public especially in my home country ... seeya!'*

* this is my recollection of my interpretation of the reports at the time (i.e. complete bullshit and not a direct quote or translation) ... but a reasonable approximation of the events IMO
That sounds about right to me also, can't remember if he was being an arrogant f**k, which let's be honest he comes across as sometimes when he tries to dig into his psychology background, or if it was due to being forced to sign a Chinese player.

Big Al

That sounds about right to me also, can't remember if he was being an arrogant f**k, which let's be honest he comes across as sometimes when he tries to dig into his psychology background, or if it was due to being forced to sign a Chinese player.
Yeah I thought it was more about being told he had to play a Chinese player.

Who cares we don’t want Newcastle failures. We already have two of them on the park

bikinigirl

I want a coach with this philosophy:
"I'm a realistic coach and I like creative football, I like to have the ball but I also like to win and that's the most important thing, I think it's important that we play in a way that fits the players and also the coach. You cannot play in a way that the players cannot do." Bert van Marwijk

. Bert's only got a temporary gig ... timing could work :piralaugh:

NoDiggity

New Mariners boss, good luck.
Points total all teams since 2013-14 (when Mike Charlesworth got control)
241 Sydney
219 Melbourne Victory
204 Brisbane
186 Adelaide
186 Perth
178 Melbourne City
174 Western Sydney
152 Newcastle
146 Wellington
121 Central Coast
#onehand #behindback

(Tweet from Adam Peacock)

bikinigirl

New Mariners boss, good luck.
Points total all teams since 2013-14 (when Mike Charlesworth got control)
241 Sydney
219 Melbourne Victory
204 Brisbane
186 Adelaide
186 Perth
178 Melbourne City
174 Western Sydney
152 Newcastle
146 Wellington
121 Central Coast
#onehand #behindback

(Tweet from Adam Peacock)

. is it any wonder we're all so depressed?

true believer

Yeah I thought it was more about being told he had to play a Chinese player.

Who cares we don’t want Newcastle failures. We already have two of them on the park
I thought miller was going well .
The chinese are difficult to deal with
To . If your not fully aware of the idea of saving face . A striaght no is an instant dismissal for a subordinate .
Miller mighten of understood that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred