• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Newcastle Jets

pjennings

Tinkler does not have any interest in the Jets. He never did. He was after local support for his coal-loader on the old BHP site. That has been knocked on the head and so he no longer wants the Jets.

Is the FFA perfect - no far from it - but that is immaterial. Tinkler was going to try to bail as soon as the coal-loader decision was made against him.

Forum Phoenix

What Pat said.

Sorry Wombat I love your passion and value and appreciate your opinion, but the idea that Palmer would let anyone nurture him
is simply untrue. He does things his way.

Lowy is the shrewdest of businessmen who has screwed a lot of people I am sure. But he genuinely has a love for our game.
Something that neither Tinkler nor Palmer do.

Pressure revelas character, and these people consistent;y reveal their lack of it.

From his opening season arrogance, to the crowd cap, the way he treated Miron and his sledging of football as a whole, let alone how he ran his club - He was a rotten egg through and through. Nothing golden about him, except possibly his tongue.

Nathan Byrn

What Pat said.

Sorry Wombat I love your passion and value and appreciate your opinion, but the idea that Palmer would let anyone nurture him

Lowy is the shrewdest of businessmen who has screwed a lot of people I am sure. But he genuinely has a love for our game.

Pressure revelas character, and these people consistent;y reveal their lack of it.

From his opening season arrogance, to the crowd cap, the way he treated Miron and his sledging of football as a whole, let alone how he ran his club - He was a rotten egg through and through. Nothing golden about him, except possibly his tongue.
Character needs to be taken in context.. Lowy and Buckley what is their character?

true believer

Character needs to be taken in context.. Lowy and Buckley what is their character?

lowy has got us to the last two world cups an into the afc. he's deified as a saint in my house

palmer had dreams of man utd .while simply not understanding that ."man utd doesn't make a profit"

kevrenor

Football NNSW is reported to have committed to take back control of the Newcastle Jets W-League side if necessary.

Wombat

What Pat said.

LOL.....maybe his credit card is golden!!

Sure he's a nut bag..............but he was willing to put a shitload of into Football and those cnuts at FFA mugged him at every opportunity.
Lowy's love of Football is his only saving grace in my eyes (and i've seen alot of casualties of his over the last 15+ years in business up close). Buckley can string a sentence together but i simply dont rate him.
I loath Craig Foster but his utterings about FFA have raised him up tenfold in my opinion over they last few days............at least he tells the truth (once he climbs out of his Brazillian/Dutch catsuit and stops dribbiling about football deveopment).

Wombat

lowy has got us to the last two world cups an into the afc. he's deified as a saint in my house

palmer had dreams of man utd .while simply not understanding that ."man utd doesn't make a profit"

Lowy is a devil in my household.

I appreciated him taking hold of Football and starting the HAL and shaking off the dross of the old NSL that held back football for so long. He should always have the gratitude of Australian football fans for that.

But the FFA under him has basically been horrible. Unjust and untrustworthy with and unlying smell of corruption.....almost like they look up to FIFA!

scottmac

Suspended
Lowy is a devil in my household.

I appreciated him taking hold of Football and starting the HAL and shaking off the dross of the old NSL that held back football for so long. He should always have the gratitude of Australian football fans for that.

But the FFA under him has basically been horrible. Unjust and untrustworthy with and unlying smell of corruption.....almost like they look up to FIFA!

John O'Neil. Lowy got the right man then. He hasn't now.

Nathan Byrn

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2012/04/20/jets-stand-firm-on-decision-to-return-a-league-licence/

Thee FFA are a joke!

pjennings

To be honest there should have been room to move on this.

1. The Newcastle Jets Licence fee be reviewed and amended in line with the fees paid by the owners of Adelaide United. A transaction completed only 2 months after the Jets were saved. This seems to be the main angst from Tinkler. We all know he should have gone in with his eyes open but if he was dudded fix it - if he wasn't shut him up.

2. The Jason Culina insurance matter be settled immediately with financial liability being shared equally between the Newcastle Jets, FFA and the Player. I could live with this as long as they all then sue Palmer since he should be paying till January 2013 (two years from injury) since the injury happened as a Gold coast player and Palmer chose to self-insure.

3. The Newcastle Jets will invest $250,000 on behalf of all clubs and the FFA to create an independent taskforce to review ownership, financial and commercial models of football competitions globally to make recommendations on improving the sustainability and transparency of the A-League with a view of implementation in the 2013/14 Season. No JALSC already set up

4. The Newcastle Jets continue with the A-League Licence until 30 June 2020. Yes

Nathan Byrn

3. Is seen by many clubs as a farce, the three members from club land are all Tinkler/Palmer supporters. Perth, Adelaide and Heart. Schwab also stepped down from the PFA..

Atomic

Someone help me because I'm missing something here...

1. The Newcastle Jets Licence fee be reviewed and amended in line with the fees paid by the owners of Adelaide United. A transaction completed only 2 months after the Jets were saved. Shouldn't this be the responsibility of HSG, i.e. due diligence? It seems to me Tinler's a dumb arse as far as this point is concerned.

2. The Jason Culina insurance matter be settled immediately with financial liability being shared equally between the Newcastle Jets, FFA and the Player. I dont get this either. Once again, should't HSG have done their home work and due diligence on a player like Culina? (see comment above re dumb arse)

3. The Newcastle Jets will invest $250,000 on behalf of all clubs and the FFA to create an independent taskforce to review ownership, financial and commercial models of football competitions globally to make recommendations on improving the sustainability and transparency of the A-League with a view of implementation in the 2013/14 Season. Such an arrangement looks dodgey as the findings will no doubt be in favour of the man putting up the cash for the investigation

4. The Newcastle Jets continue with the A-League Licence until 30 June 2020. f**k 'em. Canberra or the 'Gong seem like they're on the cusp of putting a viable bid together.

true believer

much ado about nothing ,atomic. buckley did the right thing. it's not his problem tinkler either didn't do due diligants or he was just using the jets as a stalking horse for the knights

Nathan Byrn

much ado about nothing ,atomic. buckley did the right thing. it's not his problem tinkler either didn't do due diligants or he was just using the jets as a stalking horse for the knights
That is crap. the FFA are a governing body it is not corporate negotiations, the lawyers will have a field day with the fee! Buckley is a salesman and he has been caught out.

true believer

i doubt it .i think palmer will be getting a flogging and tinkler will get spanked.
stupidity is no excuse. palmers dreams of man utd is not a defence. neither is tinkler's coal loader.

scoober

That is crap. the FFA are a governing body it is not corporate negotiations, the lawyers will have a field day with the fee! Buckley is a salesman and he has been caught out.
I think you're wrong. I'm involved in franchises and if you don't do your due diligence thoroughly you are asking for trouble. HSG would have been easily able to contact any owner of any A-League at any time and ask quite direct; What did you pay? what is the FFA like to deal with? what should i look out for? what are your ideas on running a successful football club?

It is in the people HSG could have asked but didn't, that would have given strong leads on any of their grievances. Its also in all owners of clubs best interest to give any investor the best info possible for the health of the game. Same as i would for any prospective franchisee to come into our system, i want them to be fully aware, i want them to be strong so they don't weaken the brand name.

Morally the acquisition fee is wrong, legally HSG and Tinkler relinquished any wrong doing by poor due diligence and then signing on the bottom line. End of story.

curious

What's the go? Either Tinkler or the FFA doesn't mind spinning a yarn. Having seen Tinkler's tantrums in action when attempting to take over the knights, i have a feeling in my water. He also recently dismissed funding a NBL team in the city after initially promising one, citing being ignored by the NBL as the reason. Sounds familiar. He also made a big hullabaloo about a national netball club and an academy and training centre adjacent to the stadium.

But he was also at the time attempting to have a coal loader approved in the city and required good PR. 'Things' seemed to have altered since it was knocked back.

Now, the FFA have two clubs to finance next season. You blokes don't mind an increase in your own or your kids rego to finance an aleague club, do you?

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-rejects-hunter-sports-group-assertions/46985

FFA rejects Hunter Sports Group Assertions
Friday, 20 April 2012 3:47 PM

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today rejected the assertions made by Hunter Sports Group (HSG) in relation to the Newcastle Jets Hyundai A-League licence.

FFA has remained willing to enter formal negotiations and to receive a formal proposal from HSG in order to find a resolution in the best interests of the game in the Hunter Valley.

FFA CEO Ben Buckley reaffirmed this position with HSG CEO Troy Palmer earlier this week.

On Thursday, Mr Palmer informed Mr Buckley that a discussion between Mr Palmer and HSG chairman Nathan Tinkler was due to take place overnight, and that a proposal would be submitted to FFA by lunchtime today (20 April 2012).

No proposal has been submitted and no further contact has been made with FFA.

“HSG embarked on a unilateral breach of contract in the first instance and has given FFA no opportunity to have face to face meeting to take place,” said FFA CEO Ben Buckley.

“We are disappointed that no talks have taken place to resolve our differences. The people of Newcastle and the Hunter Valley, and the Jets’ players, coaches and staff, have a right to feel betrayed by these actions.

“FFA reaffirms its position that it does not accept that HSG has the right to return the A-League licence.”

In response to HSG’s media statement today, FFA provides the following facts;

• No formal negotiations have taken place between FFA and HSG over a settlement of this matter since HSG unilateral announcement on 10 April 2012.

• FFA did not reject the alleged four-point compromise proposal listed by HSG in its media statement. The first time FFA was aware of the four-point proposal was when it received the HSG media statement today.

• FFA did not set a deadline of 5pm today (20 April 2012) for a formal response to FFA legal correspondence. In fact, HSG’s lawyers have repeatedly sought extensions of time to respond to FFA and that these requests have been granted, including an extension to close of business this Monday 23 April 2012.
In relation to the four-point proposal published by HSG, two of the three substantial matters are subject to existing procedures.

“The Jason Culina matter is being heard by an independent arbitrator and it’s right and proper that the matter proceeds in this chamber without interference,” said Mr Buckley.

“The suggestion of a commercial review of the A-League is already a priority for the newly-established Joint A-League Strategic Committee, which is endorsed by the majority of A-League clubs. There’s no need for a $250,000 external review.

“That leaves one matter outstanding, which is the acquisition fee paid by HSG. We have an open offer to enter formal negotiations on this issue, but HSG has repeatedly declined to sit down around the table.”

FFA today reaffirms its commitment to the football community of the Hunter Valley.

“The region is too steeped in football tradition and passion not to be represented in the A-League,” said FFA CEO Ben Buckley.

Nathan Byrn

I think you're wrong. I'm involved in franchises and if you don't do your due diligence thoroughly you are asking for trouble. HSG would have been easily able to contact any owner of any A-League at any time and ask quite direct; What did you pay? what is the FFA like to deal with? what should i look out for? what are your ideas on running a successful football club?

It is in the people HSG could have asked but didn't, that would have given strong leads on any of their grievances. Its also in all owners of clubs best interest to give any investor the best info possible for the health of the game. Same as i would for any prospective franchisee to come into our system, i want them to be fully aware, i want them to be strong so they don't weaken the brand name.

Morally the acquisition fee is wrong, legally HSG and Tinkler relinquished any wrong doing by poor due diligence and then signing on the bottom line. End of story.
When your dealing with a governing body that is totally different than due dilligence on a " bakers delight" franchise for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred