• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Newcastle Jets

Revilo

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a serious issue.

Why would the Russians invest millions of dollars in CCM if the competition running isn't a foregone conclusion!

Without a stable competition, we're screwed!

FFA need to sort their shit out, unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

I don't see how the A-League, running as it has been, can continue. But without scrapping it and starting again how can they fix it?

ExiledMariner

So what now, FFA? When are you going to step up and manage the league correctly?

So much potential being thrown away.

Hard to blame Tinkler here, if the FFA wasn't so incompetant the Cullina incident wouldn't have happened. If they didn't see the $$ signs and ask Tinkler for $5m when the reality was he was actually saving them from Con, then they probably wouldn't be in this position.

What are they doing with all the money they have at their disposal? Gold Coast and NQ were always going to take years to become viable. Look at how much the AFL is investing just to prop up their team and the time frames on them becoming viable are set at 20 years.

Revilo

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/04/10/321311_sport.html

Great article on NQld Fury and the FFA's incompetencies.

Palmer is crazy as batshit, but he was right with one thing, the FFA need to be held accountable for their actions.

garlo

its a serious issue for sure rev but its the jets so its also hilarious

exiled! agreed!!

snoa

What's that I hear in the distance?..... Russian investors singing dasvidaniya????
No sane investor would invest in the league right now, and I don't blame them.

Revilo

Hunter_1997.jpg

Serious thoughts?

adz

Staff member
Not good:

Nathan Tinkler hands Newcastle Jets licence back to Football Federation Australia

Nathan Tinkler's Hunter Sports Group (HSG) has thrown the the 2012-2013 A-League season into disarray by returning the Newcastle Jets licence back to Football Federation Australia.

In a fresh blow to the A-League after Gold Coast became the third club in the competition's short history to fold last week, HSG said it has been forced into the decision after being unable to resolve a variety of issues with FFA, who have not been available for comment on the news so far.

Some of these issues include: believing they had been overcharged when they forked out $5 million for a licence acquisition fee, the on-going Jason Culina insurance matter and "continued requests to address the competition's unsustainable financial model".

But the group has moved to reassure fans of Newcastle Knights that the decision has no impact on the NRL club and that their future is 'absolutely assured'.

Newcastle Knights will continue to be owned and managed by the Hunter Sports Group.

In a media release from the Hunter Sports Group, CEO Troy Palmer said it was a difficult decision but one forced by having lost confidence in FFA's administration.

"As a keen Jets and football fan this has been a tough decision and I am aware the impact this will have on members, players, coaches, fans and the entire football community,'' Palmer said.

"I am particularly saddened for members and supporters who have embraced our community model, which has been accepted in so many areas as a successful and unique way to engage the entire community and build the A-League brand.

"It is also frustrating to have invested so much time, energy and money to save the Jets for the community at short notice and then continually hit road blocks at the FFA.

"It should never be forgotten that when we stepped in to save the club it was insolvent, there were only 500 members, diminishing crowds, minimal community engagement, no merchandise program and negligible corporate support.

"During the 2011-2012 season we believe we turned this around to be seen as leaders in all these areas.

"Unfortunately, having lost confidence in the FFA management and its ability to find a resolution, it is clear we have no other option.

"It is about removing ourselves from an administration in which we have an untenable relationship.''

Jets player Michael Bridges has taken to Twitter to express his disappointment.

"WOW. Did not see that coming," Bridges tweeted. "Devastated for everyone involved at the Jets. Players, employees and fans.#staystrong #jetsfamily."

Tinker's group stepped in to save the club almost 18 months ago after it was on the verge of folding under former owner Con Constantine.

The announcement throws FFA's plans of a 10-team competition for next season into doubt after it had announced it would bankroll a new western Sydney franchise.

The Jets' survival will likely hinge on FFA finding new owners.

The company said it would also continue to support soccer in the Hunter region by investing invest in a high performance academy to develop young players.

It said it would invest $1 million annually to encourage local children to play football and propagate the game in the region.

"This decision by the Hunter Sports Group is not about walking away from football and we will continue to meet and grow our local commitments,'' Palmer said.

"We will now invest in local junior talent and help reduce the burden on their families.

"We would rather proactively support youth and our local community at the expense of the huge wastage in the A-League.''

As much as I hate them, we still need them in the comp.

scottmac

Suspended
As much as I hate them, we still need them in the comp.

What comp? This is shit. As much as it urks me, im leaving my table and going to sit with Mick & NB. f**king football kents with their f**ked up egos. Optimisim can suck a big fat one.

priorpeter

Interesting....
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-statement-on-hunter-sports-group-announcement/46795

Football Federation Australia Limited (FFA) was today informed by the Hunter Sports Group that Newcastle Jets Football Operations Pty Ltd (Newcastle Jets) is seeking to relinquish its license to operate the Newcastle Jets football club in the Hyundai A-League.

FFA does not accept that the Newcastle Jets have the right to return their A-League licence.

FFA expects that the Jets will continue to honour the Club Participation Agreement with FFA, which is for a term expiring on 30 June 2020.

FFA also expects that the Jets will continue to honour the playing contracts in place with each of their players.

FFA CEO Ben Buckley today expressed his dismay at HSG’s announcement.

“HSG has made repeated undertakings to the people of the Hunter Valley about their commitment to building football and helping the community in Newcastle and the region,” Mr Buckley said.

“There are players, coaches, members and supporters who put their heart into making the club a vibrant part of the Hunter Valley.

“Today’s announcement makes no sense for all those people and for the other clubs in the Hyundai A-League. They can rightfully feel let down.”

Mr Buckley said that no grounds exist for the Newcastle Jets to unilaterally walk away from its obligations.

“FFA has held countless hours of discussions with HSG on a wide range of issues affecting the club and the A-League,” said Mr Buckley.

““The Jets know very well that the Jason Culina matter is subject to arbitration before an independent panel of arbitrators in accordance with the Grievance Procedure and that a hearing is scheduled.

“The issues surrounding the operating model of the league and its clubs were addressed just a fortnight ago when all clubs were shown a road map towards sustainability.

“In addition, the clubs will have a greater say through the Joint A-League Strategic Committee, which has equal FFA and club representation.

“The FFA chairman Frank Lowy and I have made numerous offers to meet in person with Nathan Tinkler. Just two weeks ago a scheduled meeting was cancelled by HSG at short notice.

“However, none of this provides a justification for today’s announcement by HSG or provides any grounds for the Newcastle Jets to relinquish their licence.”

Nathan Byrn

What comp? This is shit. As much as it urks me, im leaving my table and going to sit with Mick & NB. f**king football kents with their f**ked up egos. Optimisim can suck a big fat one.
This is far from over! Stay tuned for more clubs to support the Tinkler/Palmer moves. There are a few clubs loyal to the FFA, you dont need to be smart to work them out!! Perth will be next to jump ship.
It is very hard to be optimistic when the harsh realities of the financial models and ownership structures are there to see. The FFA has failed all the clubs.

Nathan Byrn

http://sportbizinsider.com.au/news/sport/football/how-tinklers-millions-may-have-saved-the-a-league-by-bonita-mersiades/

An old article but very relevant.

Forum Phoenix

Tinkler is a disgrace as is Palmer.

Petulant, lying, ego maniacs the pair of them. As Branko just said, he did it for the knights license and couldn't give a shit.
If you gave a shit, you wouldn't try to throw your players, coaches and supporters to the wolves for one. You'd fight. This is a heartless, viscous, calculated move.

They wouldn't give us the info we were after... What on a deal you signed off on with no gun to your heads with an interim license with all the time in the world so you could do due diligence. Then you want to turn around and act surprised when you maggot magnate mate up the road, says in a press conference, mate, you've been ripped off. What a revelation. How hard is it to do due diligence on 9 clubs or even call your mate up the road. Ludicrous. Even if hee was take to teh cleaners, though I agree with his acquisition fee, the bulk of which apparently went to Con, I'm just sure Mr Tinkler has never tipped a deal in his favour in his life. His sub contractors must be near dead with laughter.

Be aware "football supporters" the only people interested in this debate that want a flourishing national league and love this game are those people are so readily blaming. And what, to listen to the ludicrous fool further up the road with his soccer is a stupid game, I'm an NRL man and his worst governing of a club you could possibly imagine? Or now his best mate, renowned for also throwing tantrums, who chooses Johnny Warren Day and the A league awards to drop his bombshell for maximum damage.

These people are parasites. Giant fat ticks filling themselves on the blood of our country and now our beloved game.

Our model has issues, no mistake, but there are so many positives to our league and some great achievements have been made.
Anybody who can;t acknowledge that, there is no point even arguing with.

Be under no illusions. The FFA are not perfect by any means, but in this they want what we want, our game to grow and prosper.
Others are only to happy to bring it all crashing down to appease their ego's.

Everyone should choose their side accordingly.

I will choose football and a warts and all FFA and fight the long fight for continued growth and development.

Nathan Byrn

What sort of a post is that? You have called them fat ticks. They are self made billionares who employ thousands of Australians.They pay taxes,they invest in infrastructure and they will soon contribute more to the country through GOVT introduced taxes.
As for football start unferstanding that all the clubs have had enough of the incompetent FFA business model.The clubs cannot afford to fund NYL and W-League teams. The clubs cannot afford to continue to run at the losses they are currently running. The FFA has restricted the clubs ability to generate funda through external partners. The clubs have lost confidence in the FFA and Ben Buckley.Tony Sage will be next to withdraw Perth Glory but clubs like CCM an Sydney continue to support the FFA and Buckley because of Gorman is a part owner of CCM and Lowy of Sydney FC. The FFA has now introduced a team fully funded by the FFA! The conflicts of interest and lack of processes within the model are the breaking point. The clubs are not given the opportunity to voice there disapproval other than meeting with Buckley and Lowy!!!! What a joke.

elevated position

1.The FFA has restricted the clubs ability to generate funds through external partners.Please explain?
2.The clubs have lost confidence in the FFA and Ben Buckley.Which clubs? FFA organise/assists buyouts for Adelaide, Brisbane,Wellington,Perth, Newcastle (to a person with a long history of arguments with partners eg ask Anthony Cummings)Part own Mariners. The point, if left unassisted by FFA the comp would be gone already. Unfortunately someone has to make one of these clubs work as a finanical model for the rest to copy. And im available to take control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred