• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Newcastle Jets

adz

Staff member
I've addressed the questions, and you choose to ignore me, I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

I also tried contacting you privately raising concerns, which you ignored, choosing to argue publicly instead.

I don't understand your motives.

marinermick

Your one private message was full of accusations and talking down to.

Why would I ever reply to that sort of condesention?

I'm over it. You can rule over your little Nepoleonic little empire here as long you like but don't expect people to keep inhabiting it if they are not afforded a little respect.

You have done nothing to answer my questions as to how I am bullshitting this forum and making personal comments, as well as ask you to prove the accusation that I my comments stopped people from becoming members?

I helped you build this for back from the lowest ebb and stuck by you despite what was said and directed to you. I encouraged people to come back here and make this a vibrant place.

I don't know why I bothered.

I am taking my ball and going home.

adz

Staff member
What a joke. Talk to me when you get over your hissy fit. Or don't. I don't give a shit.

pjennings

I have never claimed to be in a position of authority. I was on the board of the CCF for some time and have played football with or against many guys that now ply their trade in the A-League. I have friends and former team mates that scatter the globe. In the Grand Final for example two former team mates participated one was the coach of Perth the other did not get a run. From time to time they mention things to me, but I never contact them asking for the latest scoop etc. That is not my kind of thing. As for Mick and I we discuss a few times a month things we have heard, from many different sources mostly centred around the state of the game, local football and things happening in our lives.

What is laughable is a comment like this "He speaks with perceived authority because of his CCF and Coast FM connections". That is just a joke!

Football is about opinion, Forums allow people to express that opinion. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, some peoples opinion's are more educated than others!

nikko, on 16 April 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:
can confirm the russian deal is gone

Goodbye Mariners. Bring on the Central Coast Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Byrn, on 16 April 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Can confirm the Bears will never have a team on the coast. And the rest of your post appears acurate

Sorry Nathan but that clearly states that you are confirming that the Russian deal is over and that the Mariners are gone. An opinion does not start with 'Can confirm'.

In an environment where clubs are dropping like flies, when people know your connections through your own posts, I would suggest that many people could/would read that as you knowing something. If that was just your opinion, whether educated or not, it was certainly not phrased that way.

Forum Phoenix

This thread is pretty awful now, which as appropriate to a thread titled Newcastle Jets as it maybe, it is sad to witness. Prob best to see it closed and disappear?

I value debate, knowledge, intelligence, and information, but respect has to outweigh them all. You can't make jibes about wiping your own ass and not expect it to not escalate as it has here. That's the reality of this particular storm in a teacup. And it was unfortunately so obviously coming, which is why I've had several digs at Nathan myself about communication is the reposne you get and why more than a few have locked horns. Too Nathan's credit he is intelligent, knowledgeable and thick skinned, but he is also either uncaring of giving respect through arrogance or a lack of awareness. Either way, it achieves the same result.

We've all agreed to disagree many time in the past. I'm sure we can and will again. But respect can't be arbitrary or elitist or it has no value.

true believer

This thread is pretty awful now, which as appropriate to a thread titled Newcastle Jets as it maybe, it is sad to witness. Prob best to see it closed and disappear?

I value debate, knowledge, intelligence, and information, but respect has to outweigh them all. You can't make jibes about wiping your own ass and not expect it to not escalate as it has here. That's the reality of this particular storm in a teacup. And it was unfortunately so obviously coming, which is why I've had several digs at Nathan myself about communication is the reposne you get and why more than a few have locked horns. Too Nathan's credit he is intelligent, knowledgeable and thick skinned, but he is also either uncaring of giving respect through arrogance or a lack of awareness. Either way, it achieves the same result.

We've all agreed to disagree many time in the past. I'm sure we can and will again. But respect can't be arbitrary or elitist or it has no value.

group hug. anyone for german jokes,,,sorry i'll stop now

scottmac

Suspended
saw this coming a mile off.

i too am of the opinion that Nathan's arrogance has caused this. he came accross as "i know everything & you know nothing" spouting streams of yet to occur theories & assuring us they were fact.

Revilo

Yeah, and when he implies something that we should all know, but it isn't exactly clear. It's a shame, cos his views are interesting, it's just that it seems like rumour and innuendo he is spreading, rather than the facts.

Here's a post I made a month or so ago which I believ applied then and applies now:

Nathan - You seem to hold back information that defends your views. I don't have an issue with your beliefs, I am just probing you to elaborate. I have seen a few times you seem to infer you have information but are not at liberty to say, which can be quite frustrating for those, like me, who don't know the "full story". I don't think late super payments is the full story here.

Have you considered a pseudonym? Because I am generally interested in your thoughts, it's just I'm getting your end thoughts with no substance to back it up.

true believer

saw this coming a mile off.

i too am of the opinion that Nathan's arrogance has caused this. he came accross as "i know everything & you know nothing" spouting streams of yet to occur theories & assuring us they were fact.

so argue your piont . nathan aragant? so what . you can stand your ground . do so .
unless kiddies are getting bullied . i don't see a problem in anything being said here

you sux nathan . just kidding .

midfielder

I suggest everyone listen to the Tony Sage interview in full http://ccmfans.net/board/index.php/topic/4927-interview-with-tony-saga/ ... he says a lot his views and the six point plan he talks about to be put to the FFA is what is worth watching...

There is always lots of beer fly talk ... by hangers on or wanta bees ... who pass on what they think to eager listeners ...

Sage said the six point plan was put together with FL... and will be no surprise to FFA ... me thinks for Sage to openly talk about these things and FL being personally involved ... things are on the improve...

true believer

There is always lots of beer fly talk ... by hangers on or wanta bees ... who pass on what they think to eager listeners ...
clearly there needs to be a side group here for the drunkards and hangers on. say 4 schooners before you can post .as nathan is a scotch drinker maybe a 3 finger drink with no coke .

i'll let you know some time after 8 tonight

true believer

well it's after 8, clearly the most important question of the moment is
is little creatures pale ale the best australian beer on the market?

yes tend setters this is gunna be a long off season. :eek:verhead:

midfielder

well it's after 8, clearly the most important question of the moment is
is little creatures pale ale the best australian beer on the market?

yes tend setters this is gunna be a long off season. :eek:verhead:

You need to drink more to get the answer... get into practice

adz

Staff member
Middleby tells Jets players to consider offers

‘‘I’m quite surprised I haven’t actually had a player come to me to say he wants to leave because he can’t wait around any longer,’’ Middleby said.

‘‘But I can tell you it’s a situation where there is a bit of a merry-go-round in the A-League with coaches, and once all that settles down, the clubs will start looking to sign players. And that’s when players will start leaving.’’

Middleby said he had heard nothing from FFA chief executive Ben Buckley since April 10, when HSG dropped its bombshell.

‘‘I’m a bit surprised that FFA were in town on Monday to talk with Andrew Poole but they didn’t try to talk to [HSG chief executive] Troy Palmer or myself,’’ Middleby said.

‘‘I realise there are a lot of things going on at the moment in the A-League, but Newcastle has to be a priority.

‘‘There is so much talk about west Sydney, and obviously they have to get that right.

‘‘But what is happening in Newcastle is surely the most important thing.’’

If Buckley and his colleagues are struggling to get their heads around the mess HSG has left behind, and how they can clean it, they are unlikely to welcome speculation that another A-League franchise is on the verge of collapse.

Former Central Coast Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna tweeted yesterday that ‘‘rumours are around about another A-League club handing back their licence in the next few days’’. McKinna tweeted he would be ‘‘surprised if it’s CCM’’.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/middleby-tells-jets-players-to-consider-offers/2536054.aspx?storypage=2

adz

Staff member
and they're back

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tinkler-back-as-jets-owner/story-e6frexni-1226343857839

THE A-League has received a major boost with the shock news that Nathan Tinkler has performed a U-turn and will keep the Newcastle Jets in the competition next season.

The startling revelation was announced this afternoon, with the players reacting in delight at learning that the club would continue under the billionaire’s ownership.

Tinkler had stunned the soccer world just three weeks ago by announcing he was to return the Jets licence in protest at the $5m so-called acquisition fee he had paid, learning subsequently that other clubs had paid little or no equivalent amount.

The ongoing saga of Jason Culina’s lack of insurance had also been a factor, and only last week Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group, which also owns the Knights, had reaffirmed it was walking away from the A-League.

But in a dramatic turn yesterday, the Jets players were summoned to a meeting to be told that Frank Lowy had made a visit to Tinkler in Brisbane at the weekend and peace talks had successfully followed between the two billionaires.

“It was a good opportunity for Nathan and I to meet face-to-face and resolve the issues that had affected the relationship between FFA and HSG,” Lowy said in a statement. “FFA has made some concessions in good faith in order to resolve the matters.

“When Nathan first took on the Newcastle Jets, I welcomed his commitment to running a strong and successful A-League club in Newcastle on behalf of the community of the Hunter region.

“Today, my confidence is renewed over Nathan’s personal drive to make the Jets and the Hyundai A-League successful. We agreed on a way forward that addresses the issues HSG have raised and we are now going to get on with developing the game together in a key region for football.”

Tinkler added that “we now have a way forward and I remain committed to ensuring the Newcastle Jets is one of the most successful clubs in the Hyundai A-League.

“I am delighted to be able to support the Newcastle Jets on behalf of football fans in the Hunter region and to continue to build a strong relationship with the community.

“When I first made this commitment I did it on behalf of the community and I am committed to further developing football and sport in a community I grew up in and am proud of.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred