• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Newcastle Jets

Atomic

I have to laugh that everytime you disagree with an opinion you think it's trolling, yet you continue to tolerate Nikko's inane ramblings because you know him personally.

I agree with you Mick, but in fairness, Nathan Byrn has not once mentioned that Tinlker has been seen at a nightclub in Terrigal dancing with Nick Mrdja :). There is a massive difference between the quality of Nathan's and Nikko's posts.

P.S. I enjoy them both :)

adz

Staff member
I have to laugh that everytime you disagree with an opinion you think it's trolling, yet you continue to tolerate Nikko's inane ramblings because you know him personally.

Not at all, Mick. Nikko is obviously trolling and I've deleted many of his posts.

I don't disagree with Nathan's opinion, I'm simply asking him to explain it, and he never does. I think you'll find there is a lot of tolerance for all trolls;

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

The difference between Nikko and Nathan is Nathan is claiming to be in a position of authority, claiming inside information, and refuses to explain (within reason, obviously I don't expect confidential information to be spread all over public forums) when questioned.

He also has you backing everything he says up, even though it's obvious you're just blindly going along with it because he's your mate. Considering your own position (as radio commentator, and people generally look to you for confirmation, and respect that if you say something you're not just saying it to "have a laugh" or mislead people), that's a massive thing.

Do you see anyone (in a similar position to yourself) chiming in and saying Nikko is right and backing up his trolls that Mrdja will be our marquee DJ or Ahmed Elrich will be our shooting coach next season?

Maybe you should read what he is saying because I also laugh that you continue to back up your mate, even though you obviously have no idea what the arguments are about.

marinermick

I read what is saying.

I am not a mug, and While Nathan does not always carefully articulate his point, he is very much in the know of the majority of things going on.

For some things both he and I cannot come out and say what we mean for the threat of legal action. This is why Nathan is pointing you to the relevant information and through the obvious intelligence I know you asking you to put two and two together.

Others have been able to do the same so it is not unreasonable for you to do so.

The sort of discussion Nathan is bringing to the forum is what a forum should do. It should promote debate and difference of opinion and I have to say this place was healthier than it was a few years ago when it was ripped apart by the conflicting supporter groups.

If you honestly believe Nathan and I are trolling then ban us and we will be on our merry way. After all this has always been your website and will always continue to be so.

He offers a different perspective

pjennings

The difference between Nikko and Nathan is Nathan is claiming to be in a position of authority, claiming inside information, and refuses to explain (within reason, obviously I don't expect confidential information to be spread all over public forums) when questioned.

This is the frustrating bit. He speaks with perceived authority because of his CCF and Coast FM connections - maybe with some knowledge, maybe not. However, he is right about things with no more regularity than most on this forum.

When this is considered, his comments often do fall into the area of having 'the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.', since he has an obvious bias and his perceived authority usually is correct no more than the gut feel of most forumites.

Nathan Byrn

I have never claimed to be in a position of authority. I was on the board of the CCF for some time and have played football with or against many guys that now ply their trade in the A-League. I have friends and former team mates that scatter the globe. In the Grand Final for example two former team mates participated one was the coach of Perth the other did not get a run. From time to time they mention things to me, but I never contact them asking for the latest scoop etc. That is not my kind of thing. As for Mick and I we discuss a few times a month things we have heard, from many different sources mostly centred around the state of the game, local football and things happening in our lives.

What is laughable is a comment like this "He speaks with perceived authority because of his CCF and Coast FM connections". That is just a joke!

Football is about opinion, Forums allow people to express that opinion. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, some peoples opinion's are more educated than others!

adz

Staff member
The sort of discussion Nathan is bringing to the forum is what a forum should do. It should promote debate and difference of opinion and I have to say this place was healthier than it was a few years ago when it was ripped apart by the conflicting supporter groups.

If anyone else is asked to explain their opinion, they happily do so. Nathan always falls back on comments like 'look it up yourself' or 'give *insert some name at the club* a call and they will explain it to you, or just plain calls people stupid for not drawing the same conclusions.

Difference of opinion and debate is fine, not when it gets dragged into the gutter with immature comments about bum wiping, or thinkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because we don't have the same thought process to connect the dots the same way.

If you honestly believe Nathan and I are trolling then ban us and we will be on our merry way. After all this has always been your website and will always continue to be so.

At the end of last season we had a mini clean-out of people who were spreading bitter/bullshit rumours or couldn't discuss things without resorting to personal insults. I figured you and Nathan could rise above that sort of bullshit, but if you can't, no-one is forcing you guys to post on here.

Nathan Byrn

Comments I have made like;

Arnold is leaving= I have heard from a few people that Arnold is leaving (I hope he stays though)
Russians have signed a deal= I have heard the Russians have signed a deal.
There is no Russian deal= I have heard there is no Russian deal.
Perth will be next= I have heard that Sage wants out. His business interests cannot afford a Tinkler like fallout.
The CCF and the Mariners need a senior team= The Mariners, FFA, FNSW and the CCF aknowledge they need a senior team on the coast in state/Premier League. But the CCF and the Mariners will not finance it until they have too.

adz

Staff member
I have never claimed to be in a position of authority. I was on the board of the CCF for some time and have played football with or against many guys that now ply their trade in the A-League. I have friends and former team mates that scatter the globe. In the Grand Final for example two former team mates participated one was the coach of Perth the other did not get a run. From time to time they mention things to me, but I never contact them asking for the latest scoop etc. That is not my kind of thing. As for Mick and I we discuss a few times a month things we have heard, from many different sources mostly centred around the state of the game, local football and things happening in our lives.

What is laughable is a comment like this "He speaks with perceived authority because of his CCF and Coast FM connections". That is just a joke!

Football is about opinion, Forums allow people to express that opinion. Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, some peoples opinion's are more educated than others!

Contradictions?

"I have many sources within the game and my opinion is more educated than others, but if you think I speak from a perceived authority, that's a joke!"

Seriously...

priorpeter

Do you see anyone (in a similar position to yourself) chiming in and saying Nikko is right and backing up his trolls that Mrdja will be our marquee DJ or Ahmed Elrich will be our shooting coach next season?

Trolls? I've heard it's legit. Mrdja and Elrich will also be administering the players' medication. Should be an interesting season.

adz

Staff member
Don't paraphrase you? First you want us to draw our own conclusions when you don't explain them yourself, now we can't?

Make up your mind.

Nathan Byrn

Don't paraphrase you? First you want us to draw our own conclusions when you don't explain them yourself, now we can't?

Make up your mind.
I am not going to inflame this anymore! You put it in quotations.As a moderator should you be behaving like this?

adz

Staff member
Trolls? I've heard it's legit. Mrdja and Elrich will also be administering the players' medication. Should be an interesting season.

Idea for a new segment in the bay "I'll have what he's having..." with guest hosts Mrdja and Elrich... thoughts?

adz

Staff member
I am not going to inflame this anymore! You put it in quotations.As a moderator should you be behaving like this?

This is going around in circles now. The fact is, you speak with perceived authority because of your CCF and Coast FM connections, amongst others. You keep driving that perception by telling us your resume, and having Mick back you up. That's not a joke.

Maybe just consider that in future if you're going to say something you have no intention of explaining, for whatever reasons. If you are asked to explain something you feel you have already explained by posting links, please do not resort to insults.

I think that's reasonable.

marinermick

Again you choose to ignore the question Adz and pick parts of the discussion you want while ignoring the others.

You said I give personal insults and post bullshit.

Who have I personally insulted and which post(s) have been bullshit?

adz

Staff member
Again you choose to ignore the question Adz and pick parts of the discussion you want while ignoring the others.

You said I give personal insults and post bullshit.

Who have I personally insulted and which post(s) have been bullshit?

I'm talking about Nathan's insults and bullshit, and then you back him up. This is the reason I don't think you bother reading posts.

marinermick

Was not what you wrote above and you asked me to rise above "that sort of bullshit".

If you cannot identify that I have made personal insults and that what I have posted is bullshit then what "bullshit" are you referring?

You also associated me with your clean out of bullshit atists at the end of last year.

You also in a personal message made the allegation that I prevented people from renewing their Mariners' membership. Can you also prove this statement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred