• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Newcastle Jets

Nathan Byrn

Rather than asking questions why don't you answer them.
Political charged commentary and opinion is for another thread. I am happy to discuss the pros and cons of taxation of the industry sectors elsewhere. I am also happy to debate the Carbon Tax, as a qualified carbon accountant I would be very interested in your opinion. I realise your opinion of Palmer, Tinkler and Gina is not glowing and full of praise but Lowy,Murdoch and Packer are all part of the same hypocrisy. The agreements that retailers are subject to in Westfields are appaling and cost jobs and businesses on a very high rotation. As for Murdoch etc well the recent controversy aside I am sure your aware the influence the Fox network has on the MSM.

true believer

so what your saying on the carbon tax .is abbott shouldn't have lied about backing an emissions trading scheme.
which was labors prefered model

Nathan Byrn

so what your saying on the carbon tax .is abbott shouldn't have lied about backing an emissions trading scheme.
which was labors prefered model
Not saying anything mate.Carbon dioxide is the least of our worries in terms of emissions. But that is for another thread.

Nathan Byrn

I can PM you some further reading Re emissions factors and Co2e varients.Many gasses have a far more detrimental effect with relation to green house gas emissions and the effect on ocean temperatures and ozone layer depletion etc.

ExiledMariner

http://sportbizinsider.com.au/news/sport/football/sowing-and-reaping/

It must have been absolutely gutting to know that someone you trusted enough to employ - and had so much integrity in the sports management industry - actually helped the FFA to rip you off while taking a pay cheque off you. It is no wonder the guy has the attitude that you can trust very few people and that people see him as an open wallet.

Charging him $5 Million for the Jets licence is incredible when the new owners of Adelaide paid nothing, the new Brisbane owners paid about half and the FFA kept it when the club owners were entitled, and Lowy got his Western Sydney team without kicking in a cent of his own $$ and even got government the mugs in Canberra to pay him for the privilege. They have treated the guy like a bottomless pit of cash - nothing more, nothing less. He has been taken advantage of.

Nathan Byrn

http://sportbizinsider.com.au/news/sport/football/sowing-and-reaping/

It must have been absolutely gutting to know that someone you trusted enough to employ - and had so much integrity in the sports management industry - actually helped the FFA to rip you off while taking a pay cheque off you. It is no wonder the guy has the attitude that you can trust very few people and that people see him as an open wallet.

Charging him $5 Million for the Jets licence is incredible when the new owners of Adelaide paid nothing, the new Brisbane owners paid about half and the FFA kept it when the club owners were entitled, and Lowy got his Western Sydney team without kicking in a cent of his own $$ and even got government the mugs in Canberra to pay him for the privilege. They have treated the guy like a bottomless pit of cash - nothing more, nothing less. He has been taken advantage of.
That is a great article.
Well said.

pjennings

This is an article quoting someone in the meeting rather than Bonita and those from HSG who refused to attend.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/committee-can-save-a-league-says-tony-sage/story-e6frfg8x-1226324321394

Committee can save A-League, says Tony Sage
by: David Davutovic

Tony Sage says he is committed to financing Perth Glory in the long term.

A-LEAGUE clubs will nominate three representatives for the new independent committee by the end of the week and Perth Glory owner Tony Sage says this could be the competition's saving grace.
..The A-League was on Monday plunged into further chaos with Nathan Tinkler and Hunter Sports Group's decision to return the Newcastle Jets' licence to Football Federation Australia.

With Clive Palmer's Gold Coast United licence revoked last month, there was a keen interest in fellow mining magnate Sage's next move.

Sage, who has ploughed $27 million into Glory since 2007, was the first dissenting A-League chairman when he threatened to walk in December, but he retracted those comments a day later.

He said he was committed to financing Glory for the long term, adding he was disappointed with the HSG's decision considering the positive vibes emanating from the recent owners/FFA meeting.

But he said it was vital FFA stuck to its promise of offering club owners a greater say in the running of the A-League.

"It was an absolute shock (about Newcastle), after the last FFA owners meeting we walked away for first time with a conciliatory attitude," Sage said.

"I've sat at every owners' meeting and it was the first time FFA had been willing to concede power to the clubs.

"We won on two big issues, one of which was the committee and I thought we'd all agreed to bunker down and give the new committee system a go.

"I think it will be the all-powerful committee that will run the game, the concessions that FFA has made are quite large and we've got a big agenda.

"If that committee in the end has only bark and no bite, and all the decisions get knocked back however, then you'll get a lot of dissenting owners."

Sage's sentiments are echoed by most of the club owners and there was a sense of goodwill at Monday's A-League awards in Sydney .

And that extends to the expansion into west Sydney for the 2012-13 season with Sage, and most A-League chairmen supportive of FFA's decision, albeit with nervous optimism due to the short time frame.

The move is linked to the TV rights deal, negotiated while it was an eight-team competition. Worth $18 million a season and expiring in 2013, FFA is determined to double the price with the carrot of two extra teams and potentially derbies in Melbourne and Sydney.

This would allow the clubs to earn a greater dividend than the current $1.2 million a year, less than half of the salary cap.

West Sydney is the first club which will be set up by FFA - with a view to a smooth transition into private hands within a few years - and if it succeeds it may continue with that approach with future expansion teams.

With the A-League in its embryonic stages, clubs don't have the additional revenue streams that most AFL clubs, for instance, enjoy through gaming, not to mention the lucrative TV deal.

Sponsorship aside, the primary revenue streams for clubs are gate takings and TV money, and with many clubs negotiating poor stadium deals it's little wonder that A-League clubs are collectively losing almost $30 million annually.

Hence FFA's private ownership model and why it won't be changing until the game matures.

There are harsh lessons to take from the messy divorces with billionaire pair Tinkler and Palmer, the greatest being that cash is no longer the overriding priority when searching for new owners.

Take Central Coast Mariners owner Peter Turnbull, a property developer who has fallen on hard times recently and forfeited on wages this season.

But Turnbull is determined and committed to the Mariners, with negotiations taking place with potential new investors from Russia.

If FFA had a choice, it would take a Turnbull over Tinkler any day of the week.

The A-League has taken an absolute PR pounding in recent weeks but the remaining club owners and officials are more determined than ever to make it work.

5-STEP PLAN TO FIX THE A-LEAGUE

1. GET WEST SYDNEY RIGHT

This team now becomes the most important piece in the history of Australian soccer - if it fails, the A-League may not die, but another radical reform would be required.

2. A NEW TV DEAL

Crucial for both the short and long term. Clubs now receive a $1.2m TV subsidy from the Fox Sports deal, but they'll get a larger dividend from the new deal which is likely to include a Free-to-Air (FTA) component. FTA coverage is crucial for the game's exposure.

3. EMPLOY AN AUTHORITARIAN A-LEAGUE CHIEF

Rumours are rife the head of A-League, Lyall Gorman, will be deployed to run west Sydney, but either way a new A-League chief must be recruited. A commanding but respected figure is needed, who can repair relations with A-League clubs, take the heat off Frank Lowy and Ben Buckley and become highly visible.

4. IMPROVE STADIUM DEALS

Most clubs are hampered by poor stadium deals, including Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC. It's diffi cult for the clubs to negotiate individually, hence FFA needs to engage in negotiations and use Socceroos and national team games as a bargaining chip.

5. GIVE CLUBS GREATER AUTONOMY

The independent A-League committee, which will include three club chairmen, must work. FFA says it will allow clubs a greater voice and the owners are genuinely excited at the prospect.

Nathan Byrn

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/nathan-tinkler-apologises-to-jets-fans-for-withdrawing-their-team-from-the-doomed-a-league/story-e6frey4r-1226324321032

Telegraph

true believer

I can PM you some further reading Re emissions factors and Co2e varients.Many gasses have a far more detrimental effect with relation to green house gas emissions and the effect on ocean temperatures and ozone layer depletion etc.

i've read most of the myths and disinformation about climate change. wether that be methane,solar cycle,medieval warming,urban heat island etc. all the science confirms the Co2 is the primary forcing.
the only dispute to this is the fossil fuel industry through such groups as the heartland foundation.
you can believe what you want. i'll stick with science myself

true believer

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/nathan-tinkler-apologises-to-jets-fans-for-withdrawing-their-team-from-the-doomed-a-league/story-e6frey4r-1226324321032

Telegraph

this really shows you a few things .tinker talks about the a -league being "decades old" which means he's clueless . the super league war has cost the rugby league probably billions . but don't expect the terrorgraph to say this or tinkler to understand it.
the terrors obvious position here as a news limited company will be to damage the a - league while it negotiates a new rights deal .tinkler just being another buffoon to be played by news and co

LFCMariners

i've read most of the myths and disinformation about climate change. wether that be methane,solar cycle,medieval warming,urban heat island etc. all the science confirms the Co2 is the primary forcing.
the only dispute to this is the fossil fuel industry through such groups as the heartland foundation.
you can believe what you want. i'll stick with science myself

:piralaugh:

The funniest thing is you actually believe what you say.

The Bob Brown's, Al Gore's and Tim Flannery's of the world have sure done a number on you...

ExiledMariner

south_park_smug.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred