• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Mariners Coach?

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
krusty said:
This totally sucks but lets give him a chance. If he takes us all the way we will love him and alot of people will have egg on there faces.I hope we havent paid to much for him a 3 year deal i think is to long.

3 years too long

Wheresdadspants?

FFS Lets just support the club's decision and give the guy a chance. I'm gonna miss LM but still I am gonna give GA every chance and won't bag him even if we lose a couple, though I can see this site becoming a haven to bag GA all season long. I just don't to see this club end up like Sydney in regards to the merry go round coaching situation.

Wheresdadspants?

That's your opinion champ and opinions are like arseholes.........everyone's got one. Seriously though it took them a few coaches to get the right one. We just need to give GA time to sort out a squad he can work with to get the results.

bulldogmariner

Central Coast Mariners
Media Release
Tuesday, 9 February

McKinna to take on new role

After five successful seasons as the Central Coast Mariners foundation Football Manager, Lawrie McKinna has announced he will move into a new role within the club as its Football and Commercial Operations Manager, extending his current contract which was due to expire at the end of the Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season by a further year in the process.

McKinna will work side by side with the clubs new Head Coach in the running of the Football Department, and will also take on a greater role in the Football Operations and the Commercial areas of the club, which will see him actively involved in the clubs relationship with current and potential partners.

This is a great opportunity for me, said McKinna.

I have a commercial background from my time as a Sales Manager at Asics, and through the running of my own businesses, and the experience I have gained in being part of the formation of the Mariners alongside (Executive Chairman) Lyall (Gorman) means I know the club inside out, I know the people of the Central Coast very well, and Im excited about the new opportunities that will present themselves within this role at the club, while still maintaining a strong presence in the football side of things.

McKinna was an instrumental part of the bid process to give the Central Coast its first ever national sporting team in the form of the Mariners in 2004, and has gone on to become one of the most successful coaches in the Hyundai A-Leagues history.

The inaugural Hyundai A-League coach of the years honour roll includes a Hyundai A-League premiership, two grand finals, three finals series, a Pre-Season Cup, and appearances in a further Pre-Season Cup final and Club World Championship qualification final, as well as leading the Mariners through an Asian Champions League campaign in 2009.

Lawrie is an integral part of our Clubs fabric and all it stands for, and his new role is a key part of our business focus moving forward. By extending his contract and continuing to play an important part in the future of the Mariners the club will not only continue to benefit from the tremendous intellectual property and experience that Lawrie has built up over so many years, but also provide him with the opportunity to pursue new and exciting career pathways in a game to which he has contributed so much, said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

With work on the Centre of Excellence at Tuggerah nearing commencement it is an exciting time to be a Mariners Member and Supporter, and we are delighted to know that Lawrie will continue to be a key part of our team moving forward.

Following his decision to step into a new role, the Central Coast Mariners, in consultation with McKinna, have moved to appoint current Qantas Socceroos assistant coach Graham Arnold to the position of head coach until the end of the Hyundai A-League 2012/13 season.

Lawrie has played a significant role in bringing this appointment to fruition, said Gorman.

"I know that he looks forward to building a long and fruitful partnership with Graham.

Tassiemariner

Why would you be a mariners fan? really
We win the F3 Derby 3-0 to give our season a great ending, give us all some cheer then they go and bring in Graham f*cking Arnold as coach on a 3 year deal.

3 year deal!!

Looks like we'll be having a lot more seasons like this one ....Under preforming on the field, wonderful, forward thinking off the field.

boony26

From Lawries twitter:
Some rumours I have been sacked are untrue. I will be taking a new role as football and commercial operations manager

I have extended my contract with the club. Graham arnold will be the new head coach of the mariners after his world cup commitments

Jerem

im keeping my trap shut, ill give him some slack to see what happens after 1st quarter next season

boony26

Im a little disappointed because Lawrie was the only coach cept Ernie Merrick to still be coaching from season 1. Plus we've only missed the semis twice and won a premiership, made two gf's and won the preseason cup. Oh well i wont belittle Arnold just yet but if he couldnt get Australia through the Asain Champions League with the squad he had then im worried and im not sure what he has planned with us. Major player and coaching staff clean out you think? Who will go and stay? Who will come in you think?

tsd

here's another link to the story

http://a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=32474

im personally gunna hope for good things, but i will be very fast to band wagon if or football smells next season

Blackadder

daddy cool said:
Lets give him a chance before we nail him to a cross. Can he do any worse than the last two seasons?

As someone who saw his performances at Northern Spirit FC....YES!!!!!

Arnold out bandwagon now accepting passengers, beat the rush!!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL....i'm willing to give him a shot(no..not the head), 1/2 a season at least...ya never know he may very well be just what Dr Frankenstein ordered

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred