• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Mariners Coach?

Kareem

I was happily reading yet another of his Carle articles- and I came across this extremely interesting paragraph
http://www.theworldgame.com.au/blogs/halftimeorange/pim-finally-lets-nicky-out-of-the-pound---193531
Half Time Orange said:
On to another matter.

For the past few weeks Ive been hearing a story, vouched for by a number of well-connected individuals in Australian football, that a manager with Australian national-team experience is being lined up to possibly join Central Coast Mariners with Lawrie McKinna bumped up to another, more senior coaching position with the club.

There has been no official announcement as yet, and the individual involved has denied the move to a journalist colleague of mine, but there is allegedly a concerted push being made by one of the Mariners owners to bring this man to the club to make the most of his experience in Asia.

I cant name this individual because it wouldnt be appropriate when no announcement has been made by the club and he is already under contract elsewhere, but if true it would be a very encouraging development in his career.

As for Central Coast itself, after their horror run in the Asian Champions League and limp end to the last A-League season, they could arguably well do with the injection of some new ideas and a proverbial new lick of paint.

Good luck to all concerned.
I'm sorry this wasnt put in Mckinna Out topic, but this is not so much Mckinna out, more so Mckinna shifted  :p

marinersman

T said:
marinersman said:
Arnold is the obvious name that springs to mind.

Please tell me you are joking??

Don't get me wrong. I'm not mentioning him because I want him here. Just saying he could be the one due to the article mentioning the person has NT and Asian experience.

midfielder

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm ... very interesting I wonder how much HTO knows... my guess would be a foreign coach with LM going to the academy or a PR role..

Ursus

Kareem said:
that a manager with Australian national-team experience

If it is not Arnold or heaven forbid, Kosmina, it must be a manager from pre A-league times.

Ursus

Kareem said:
I was happily reading yet another of his Carle articles- and I came across this extremely interesting paragraph
http://www.theworldgame.com.au/blogs/halftimeorange/pim-finally-lets-nicky-out-of-the-pound---193531
Half Time Orange said:
On to another matter.

For the past few weeks Ive been hearing a story, vouched for by a number of well-connected individuals in Australian football, that a manager with Australian national-team experience is being lined up to possibly join Central Coast Mariners with Lawrie McKinna bumped up to another, more senior coaching position with the club.

There has been no official announcement as yet, and the individual involved has denied the move to a journalist colleague of mine, but there is allegedly a concerted push being made by one of the Mariners owners to bring this man to the club to make the most of his experience in Asia.

I cant name this individual because it wouldnt be appropriate when no announcement has been made by the club and he is already under contract elsewhere, but if true it would be a very encouraging development in his career.

As for Central Coast itself, after their horror run in the Asian Champions League and limp end to the last A-League season, they could arguably well do with the injection of some new ideas and a proverbial new lick of paint.

Good luck to all concerned.
I'm sorry this wasnt put in Mckinna Out topic, but this is not so much Mckinna out, more so Mckinna shifted  :p
midfielder said:
with LM going to the academy or a PR role..
midfielder said:
HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm ... very interesting I wonder how much HTO knows... my guess would be a foreign coach with LM going to the academy or a PR role..

Hardly a more senior position.
Hard to guess a more senior coaching position than manager of the A-League team.
Maybe a new position as director of football. Is that more senior?

midfielder

Cannot imagine it is Arnold Out ... maybe Guss's assistant who is at Baca (cannot spell his name starts with N) but not as a head Coach... Franky Farina ..

Former coaches .. Terry V, David Hill (just put that in I know he was not the coach) .. what about some of the more junior coaches .. the guy doing the U 20's now ...

tuftman

midfielder said:
Cannot imagine it is Arnold Out ... maybe Guss's assistant who is at Baca (cannot spell his name starts with N) but not as a head Coach... Franky Farina ..

Former coaches .. Terry V, David Hill (just put that in I know he was not the coach) .. what about some of the more junior coaches .. the guy doing the U 20's now ...

Johan Neeskens the one your talking about?

IF we get Arnoldout, then we really truelly are screwed. End of.

But I can't think of anyone else, would we tolerate GvE? or Kosmina even? Could be someone whose actually played, as opposed to coaching in Asia...interesting times

marinermick

With all his experience now Arnold would make an excellent A-League coach despite his Spirit history almost a decade ago.

Kosmina would be an unmitigated disaster. We would be pumping in the first season but then it would be FAIL.

scottmac

Suspended
midfielder said:

Terry Venables??

Has been linked with an A-League club before.

midfielder

tuftman said:
midfielder said:

Johan Neeskens the one your talking about?

IF we get Arnoldout, then we really truelly are screwed. End of.

But I can't think of anyone else, would we tolerate GvE? or Kosmina even? Could be someone whose actually played, as opposed to coaching in Asia...interesting times

Johan Neeskens spot on ... he would be great

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred