• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinersman

Just read on the CCM site that we've passed 3,200 members. Be great if we made 3,500 or more by the time of our first home game.

bikinigirl

. can't get that to load on the mariners website for some reason, but i am a bit disappointed to be honest - not a lot more than last year

. i thought considering how many were consistently coming to the games toward the end of last season and the new instalment plan that there would have been a jump in numbers like we have seen the last couple of years

Deej

Atomic said:
3200 members is very dissappointing.

What? It represents 15% capacity of bluetongue and we have increased our numbers every year!  How many were you hoping for?

clarence

From about 600 at the start of the first A-League season, to now 3200 within four seasons is pretty good going I reckon.

Obviously we'd all love to have the eastern and western stands fully sold out the whole season, but when you consider that Dibo reckons that Newcastle have only got 4000 now - and they are a much bigger town/region than us - then we are doing all right.

Teddy Bear

Deej said:
Atomic said:
3200 members is very dissappointing.

What? It represents 15% capacity of bluetongue and we have increased our numbers every year!  How many were you hoping for?

Personally I was hoping we would get less members this year. The more members we have the less chance I have of winning that grand prize of a $50 rebel sport voucher in the members draw.  :p

FFC Mariner

Thats about 1% of the CC population. To put it into context (roughly).

Scum at 1% = 6,000 odd members
Worst franchise attempt ever FC = 35,000 members.

Not so bad really is it?

ps - I stand to be corrected on the precise numbers but you get my point.

Bex

People might start thinking about it again after the Olympics have finished and they've noticed that the season is starting.

I reckon its a pretty good effort considering there was a price rise too. We're now getting towards the point where if you want a decent seat, you've got to be a member. If the Mariners go well this season it should keep climbing.

Atomic

Greenpoleffc said:
Thats about 1% of the CC population. To put it into context (roughly).

Scum at 1% = 6,000 odd members
Worst franchise attempt ever FC = 35,000 members.

Not so bad really is it?

ps - I stand to be corrected on the precise numbers but you get my point.

I appreciate the fact that when we compare %'s, the Mariners are performing exceptionally well. Unfortunately, the reality is that we exist in an "absolute" market place. It's not as though one of our membership dollars equals ten of Sydney's membership dollars becasue they have 10 times the population base.

At the very least we should be matching the scum 1-for-1. Yes they have a slightly larger population but they also have the competing franchise of the Knights. Let's face it, not many Newcastle folks can afford to fork out for memberships to two teams (as well as their trailor park rent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred