• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

McKINNA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:
Cannot agree ... somewhere sometime a team was run each week by fans voting who played and on the coach .. I can remember the story ... we should try it on the coast ...
I reckon we'd at least get one win in six months........... :p

and be bankrupted the next day
The books would not be our responsibility. ;)

ah cool, we could easily become the best team in the world then

marinermick

midfielder said:
It actually happen honest Indian .... it was in pommie land... the fans brought this team and voted on team selections.. players sold and brought and they won lots of games and got promoted ... it was about two years ago I read it.

Yes I know about it.

Arabmariner

midfielder said:
It actually happen honest Indian .... it was in pommie land... the fans brought this team and voted on team selections.. players sold and brought and they won lots of games and got promoted ... it was about two years ago I read it.

We could all vote to sell Hutch... Keep Grumpy ... not sell Jedi or at least not so cheaply ..
Are you thinking about Ebsfleet ?

FFC's a director/coach/selector or something isn't he ?

midfielder

Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:

We could all vote to sell Hutch... Keep Grumpy ... not sell Jedi or at least not so cheaply ..

Not sure who the team was ... but it was a great read were the fans choose the coach, the team chosen each week, players who were brought and sold ... you guest it could never work but they got promoted two years in a row I think ... 

Arabmariner

midfielder said:
Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:

Not sure who the team was ... but it was a great read were the fans choose the coach, the team chosen each week, players who were brought and sold ... you guest it could never work but they got promoted two years in a row I think ... 
This mob ?

http://myfootballclub.co.uk

midfielder

Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:

Your right it was Ebsfleet

http://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/eufc/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=143

07 was the year it all changed for the Fleet. First, in May 2007, 61 years after the formation of Gravesend & Northfleet, the club announced a change of name to Ebbsfleet United to take advantage of the massive regeneration of their locality. Then in November 2007, it was announced that the club was to be taken over by internet venture MyFootballClub.co.uk, a revolutionary idea involving paid members owning the club, voting on decisions and picking the team, a deal that was ratified in February 2008.

On the footballing side of things, the Fleet enjoyed their most memorable moment in more than six decades, clinching victory in the FA Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium, a 1-0 win over Torquay United in front of 40,186 proving enough to take home the silverware.

midfielder

Arab

We posted together you beat me by about 15 seconds.

However who would we vote to keep and who to discard

Arabmariner

midfielder said:
Arab

We posted together you beat me by about 15 seconds.

However who would we vote to keep and who to discard
LOL

I think that's being debated constantly on this forum anyway  ;)

midfielder

Here's how it works  ... fan power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz1YMWftBQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmyfootballclub.co.uk%2F&feature=player_embedded

FFC Mariner

Well worth the few $$ a year to be a member.

I always vote not to select the team as I reckon thats unfair ot the coaches who have the responsibility.

Members get to vote on kits/ticket prices/transfers - great fun

Kareem

midfielder said:
Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:

well
it is very unusual for majority of people to be wrong...as long as they have basic football concepts...
sure we all disagree here- but we tend to mostly agree on the important issues- collectively baggin out people such as McKinna + Hutcho ;)

marinermick

Kareem said:
midfielder said:
Arabmariner said:
midfielder said:

well
it is very unusual for majority of people to be wrong...as long as they have basic football concepts...
sure we all disagree here- but we tend to mostly agree on the important issues- collectively baggin out people such as McKinna + Hutcho ;)

People tend to vote and make decisions on their emotions and not rational thought. In this concept there would be a naturally tendency to make rash decisions and many changes because people feel they need to make a contribution. We would be lucky to have the same eleven on the park every week and someone who has bad game would be dropped instantly. We would also have a new coach and players every season. Also, the popular players would play every week.

Basic football knowledge does not equip you to make adequate decisions on running a professional football team and given the lack of football culture and football history on the coast the decisions may well not turn out well.

It is a different case to the English where the people there live and breathe football. They are exposed to football 24/7 through television, the media and their constant involvement because they have nothing else going on in their lives. This knowldge and culture has been passed on from generation to generation and therefore the knowledge is greater.

No offence to marinermum because she is tops, but I do not want her and many others making football decisions.

Kareem

oh btw another good post by Ljubo on 442
saying that we need more foreign coaches- and I DONT MEAN Scottish

finally retired

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=650553&sec=europe&cc=3436
It seems that every manager in the English game is being ruled out of the vacant Celtic job....so who knows, Lawrie might be taken from us  ;D

Tittirongi

i am disappointed about sheff utd not getting promoted
Why?
For a purely selfish pro-mariners point of view

I would think rejects from a lower EPL club >>> rejects from a CCC side (assuming they strengthened once getting into EPL)
I'd rather get a player who cant cut in EPL (i have no problems with that) then one who cant cut in CCC (who here wouldnt?)

until they can manage to get promoted the best we will get is injury stricken players eg. Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred