• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

McKINNA OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Floss~

Ahh, you mean this guy:
"Chris doig Northampton town defender,born february 13th 1981 in dumfries scotland ,tough tackling,no nonsense cobblers captain
height 6ft 2in"
n601169502_1675480_6610538.jpg

Makes sense.

Eternal Optimist

TerrigalUtd said:
Looks like a guy who can command the defence and isn't that old either. Seems like the person we need.

Agree, we have no credible defence.... if he signs, it's a step in the right direction. Hope he signs soon, will give the supporters a bit of a lift. :)

Kareem

make him captain whilst we are at it!
I honestly dont think its that bad a thing to do- if he was deemed to be the right man for the job.
Just on reputation (+ nationality :p) he sounds like a better option than Wilko

fruitbat

UnitedsNo9 said:
Just to clarify for people who keep saying 'get rid of hutcho, mrdja' etc. Only people off contract have been let go. Hutch is on contract. People calling for mrdja to be cut (however justified) just remember that if he has a contract clause (due to number of games played or whatever it may be) allowing him to stay then....

Then bench him (like they did to Gumprecht) and put on someone (ANYONE!!!) else

snowroo

I have to say I'm for McKinna being retired as our coach. He seems to judging by weekly selections and lack of demand upon the club to invest in new blood created a boys club where the best potential team is not in the starting eleven. To many given to longer contract extensions leaving less to buy new players.

It all has an effect on crowd numbers, sponsorship and media coverage with many in the media willing to print a mariners defeat and early exit as I've seen lately but less willing to support the positives.

The NRL are eyeing of the CC as a firtile groud for expansion gives our club more reason to stop being tight arses and spend money now to further the attraction of CC folks before......

I although fully appreciate what McKinna has done for the club along with management I think the present stance of both will cause damage to our club.

Ben

snowroo said:
I have to say I'm for McKinna being retired as our coach. He seems to judging by weekly selections and lack of demand upon the club to invest in new blood created a boys club where the best potential team is not in the starting eleven. To many given to longer contract extensions leaving less to buy new players.

It all has an effect on crowd numbers, sponsorship and media coverage with many in the media willing to print a mariners defeat and early exit as I've seen lately but less willing to support the positives.

The NRL are eyeing of the CC as a firtile groud for expansion gives our club more reason to stop being tight arses and spend money now to further the attraction of CC folks before......

I although fully appreciate what McKinna has done for the club along with management I think the present stance of both will cause damage to our club.
its great to say that we should spend heaps of money on new and eciting players but we don't have money to spend on those players and we won't have any money if we have to pay out the coach's contract and several of the players contracts

reddevils

I assume you would be one of the people who were calling for Fergie to get the sack way back?? Or (as most Manure fans) were you a Liverpool supporter then.

Yeh, couldnt wait for him to get the sack mate. you obviously read the bullshit instead of watching the magic:
1993: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United)
1994: Manages 100th Premier League match (Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United, 26th November), Winner of FA Carling Premiership Manager of the Year award
1994: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United)
1994: Manages 100th Premier League match (Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United, 26th November)
1995: Runner-up in FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United)
1996: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United), Winner of FA Carling Premiership Manager of the Year award
1997: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United), Winner of FA Carling Premiership Manager of the Year award
1998: Runner-up in FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United)
1999: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United), Winner of FA Carling Premiership Manager of the Year award
2000: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United), Winner of FA Carling Premiership Manager of the Year award
2001: Wins FA Carling Premiership (Manchester United)
2003: Wins Barclaycard Premiership (Manchester United), Winner of Barclaycard Premiership Manager of the Year award
2005: Celebrates 300th Premier League win (Manchester United 3-1 Aston Villa, 22nd January)
2005: Manages 500th Premier League match (Everton 1-0 Manchester United, 20th April)
2006: Runner-up in Barclaycard Premiership (Manchester United)
2007: Manages 600th Premier League match (Manchester United 2-1 Everton, 23rd December)
2007: Wins Barclays Premiership (Manchester United), Winner of Barclays Premier League Manager of the Year award
2008: Wins Barclays Premier League (Manchester United), Winner of Barclays Premier League Manager of the Year award

It takes 2 or 3 seasons to build a good side - a fact that Wegner is probably about to demonstrate (again) - add 2 or 3 more players to that young Arsenal squad and you have another (potential) dynasty.

yeh your right it does take 2-3 seasons and is 3months out from being 3years from 1st game, so tell me where is the built good side McKinna has produced ??
why even bother making that point when the only thing you can back it up with is that it is 3seasons . . .  "You Bucket"
And good example for Arsenal because your right and any Gunners fan, or premier league follower would know Arsene Wegner has played his season preparing and making a squad that is compatible, young and full of talent that will contend in top 2 finishing.
But then again its one of the biggest clubs in the world with alot of money and resources to make it possible. It's like comparing chalk and cheese. You must think they are the same . .

I may be wrong about McKinnas ability to manage the team because none of us have seen what anyone else can do with the team either. If there capable of being better under a requested new manager or worst.
But i do believe it's time to find out.
Cheers

FFC Mariner

Tell you what, check your facts and you might find that the OT crowd wanted Fergie gone BEFORE he started winning things.

(That was sorta my point really)

David Votoupal

Well even back then, Man Utd fans weren't exactly known for patience, their expectations were always high. Remember too they paid substantial sums for Birtles and Davenport, both of whom flopped after looking good at Nottingham Forest. United also had numerous chances to get back on top before Ferguson came, but never quite got it together or were just unlucky.

Timing was also critical. There was money, and there was the youth system about to produce. At the same time, Liverpool were about to come to the end of their run of success- and by the time they won their last in 1990, the cracks were already evident but few realised it at the time. Everton, Tottenham and Nottingham Forest were also very much up there in the 80s and all of them faded badly due to bad management- and in the case of Forest, pretty much ruined to the point they've not recovered. So those circumstances meant it was well worth some patience, well worth waiting for your turn.

It simply cannot be compared in any way, shape or form, to the circumstances CCM and Lawrie McKinna are facing. You simply cannot compare mature clubs in established football nations, to young clubs in sensitive developing markets like Australia.

reddevils

Tell you what, Check your facts
I assume you would be one of the people who were calling for Fergie to get the sack way back?? Or (as most Manure fans) were you a Liverpool supporter then.
Your fact was that i assumed . .
And my computer musn't be bringing up half the facts because i said nothing about any crowds wanting fergie gone ?
Yeh you also know your facts because Ferguson signed in 1986 with a team that haden't won a title in 26years.
Start backing ya "relevant" stuff up

Cheers David you cannot compare chalk and cheese.
Though i do believe the sacking of coaches is a relevant discussion to it, previously mentioned in my original post.

David Votoupal

It had been 19 years in 1986.

In a market like ours, football clubs need to exploit every competitive advantage possible to sell its product. They are not just competing with other A-League clubs, but with other sports and overseas football for the attention of fans. Clubs can ill afford stagnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred