• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 12 v Entitlement FC

scottmac

Suspended
Disagree. Niz, whilst good out wide, is so much more influential in CM but I don’t see him getting past one of Monty’s favourites, Harry Steele.
Moresche being on the wing today, I think was a late call… didn’t deserve to be dropped so was accommodated. Perhaps with atleast a week of working in that area he’ll be more influential.
How do you know that about Niz. He doesn't f**king play there.......?

sydmariner

It’s pretty average that coaches can’t comment honoustly without getting fined.

5 minutes stoppage farce.
What does the Var actually see to make decisions.
If Paramount/A-League can’t afford to let fans see the decision making process (aka bunker) maybe just be rid of VAR cause more frustrating than just getting a bad call at this point.
They can’t as they were showing the woman’s game on the big screen.

Ancient Mariner

A disappointing game of a team with many players out against a team with a few players out and many recovering from illness. We had our chances but Sydney had more and ended up winning a game either could have won.
The impact of a long lay off showed with a lack of match fitness to which covid obviously contributed massively.
My impressions starting from the front.
Cummings looks to be the real deal, when he settles into the team we will have the factor we have been missing. Cannot wait to see more.
Urena, although copping criticism here was one of our best and never stopped trying. He seems to make some questionable decisions still. I suspect that is because he has inexperienced players with him and takes too much on himself. It was obvious last year that he trusted Matty and we saw some great combination play. Hopefully with Cummings we will see that develop. The only other player who seems to have the ability to work well with him is Nizzy.
Moresch showed today he is not a winger he will be valuable off the bench as a shock replacement for any tiring striker. Still a development to happen.
Nkololo is in a similar position to Moresch. A tonne of potential, with some great touches and a heap of enthusiasm to terrify tiring oppositions. He is also a work in progress off the bench.
Ollie is still a class act. Starting to age a bit now but is the rock on which the team is built.
Steele is still young and learning. In my opinion not as good as Ballard. The two of them can fight for the DM spot next to Ollie for the rest of the season. Hopefully this will bring out the best in both of them.
Miller is starting to show how good he can be. If he carries on improving he will be a rep player. He has started to back himself when he gets upfield and is a danger to any defender. I just wish he did not try to claim fouls when he falls over. A player his size will never get sympathy from a ref even more so when he is starting to get a rep for it. Suck it up, get up and get on with it.
Farrell is amazing quality for his age. Owns the left fullback spot.
Tongyick has obviously come back not fully fit. One of our best last year, hopefully he can get back to where he was. I admire his dedication.
Hall showed the after effects of covid. Not 100%. hopefully it does not linger.
Birraz. About time Arnie called him up. Enough said.
Just one mention on the replacements. When Nizzy came on we were a different team. I do not think many realise how good he really is. At the moment all they can talk about how good he is for his size. Forget his size he is one of the best players in the A-League. Deserves more recognition.

Today there were extenuating circumstances. Still extremely positive for the rest of the season. This squad is seriously competitive.

Holy

No one has mentioned it yet, and I was on the other side of the field down in the corner with the rest of the Mariners faithful when it happened but did Corica throw the ball at Farrell in anger just after he was hacked down by a Sydney player and Ams awarded us a free kick or was I seeing things. It was about midway through the 2nd half

Ancient Mariner

Oh yeah, when's the last time he played centre mid..........
Nizz played most of his football as a DM until last season when we had plenty of DMs but a lack of wingers.
As a DM, I saw him more as a #8 rather than a #6. Although not a traditional winger he brings that #8 style out wide with a lot the ability of working infield and linking well with runners and strikers while Miller can terrorise the sideline. Either spot will do me. He still strengthens our midfield while on the wing.

Ancient Mariner

No one has mentioned it yet, and I was on the other side of the field down in the corner with the rest of the Mariners faithful when it happened but did Corica throw the ball at Farrell in anger just after he was hacked down by a Sydney player and Ams awarded us a free kick or was I seeing things. It was about midway through the 2nd half
I saw that on tv but everyone chose to ignore it. I did not see who threw it but if it was Corica he is confirming my suspicion that he is a bit of a grub not reacting well to pressure.

scottmac

Suspended
Nizz played most of his football as a DM until last season when we had plenty of DMs but a lack of wingers.
As a DM, I saw him more as a #8 rather than a #6. Although not a traditional winger he brings that #8 style out wide with a lot the ability of working infield and linking well with runners and strikers while Miller can terrorise the sideline. Either spot will do me. He still strengthens our midfield while on the wing.
He's not played in the middle for nearly 2yrs. His attributes are that of a Centre mid but he's not playing there and hasn't for some time. If he strengthens our centre on the wing he'll not play there again unless there is no one else

Ancient Mariner

I think the strongest match day squad is beginning to become obvious.
Birraz
Miller, Hall, Rowles, Farrell
Nizz, Ballard, Ollie, Goddard
Cummings, Urena

Bench possibles and probables:
Ruon, Storm, Steele, Nkololo, Moresch

Anyone I've missed who should be on the bench in front of those 5?

That is a squad which should be able to match it with any other in the League.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred