• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 12 v Entitlement FC

Tevor

Steele was outstanding before Covid and well ahead of Ballard. He provided steel (pun intended) and an intensity in the centre that Ballard didn’t. He was the perfect foil for Ollie whilst Ballard was a very similar player to Ollie.

Unfortunately Covid hit him the hardest. He was the sickest.

Covid is not the flu. It causes respiratory issues, even after the illness goes away. Some people have never recovered from Covid. Hopefully this won’t be the case for Harry as he is currently a shadow of the player from pre Covid.

Covid has really f**ked our squad. We were one of the fittest in the league. Now we are struggling to play out a match.
Yes fitness was a key element yesterday, pre covid we would have held on for the win. Yesterday we had half the team walking at 70 mins. I hope we can build it back up, could be a problem for the final this weekend.

scottmac

Suspended
I actually feel sorry for Moresche here. Played out of position because of squad depth/injuries/fitness and looked lost.

He will do a job for us coming on in his usual position later in the game, running at tired defences.
Was more the effort that shocked me, just didn't think he kept putting in and was rightly first subbed.

Ironbark

He was subbed to add Nizzy. I think if Nizzy wasn't on the bench he would have been left on for 60-70mins.
We desperately needed to reclaim the midfield and Nizzy was the only one who could change that.

Seriously - we need to upgrade Nizzy and Montys' contracts asap. I love this team and most of the players and staff, bit these two are our lynchpins

dibo

Was more the effort that shocked me, just didn't think he kept putting in and was rightly first subbed.
If you don't know where to be, it's hard to commit to big efforts, because you're going to feel lost, and you don't want to have to double back if you've made the wrong run. So you play conservatively, and a fair-minded person might see it as looking lazy, but it's more being scared of making the wrong choice.

Insertnamehere

I was thinking during the game today that RT might be one of those players that's really good with regular game time and declines quickly without it. Whether that's fitness or confidence or both... this guy was challenging for a socceroos call up and we were seriously impressed... now he's bench.
Yeah there's something defs off. Maybe it's him and Monty. Maybe that shit in the off season is bubbling in the background. Maybe he's just not fit after injury, well he definitely isn't up to speed. Lots of possibles.

Rising Sun

Yeah there's something defs off. Maybe it's him and Monty. Maybe that shit in the off season is bubbling in the background. Maybe he's just not fit after injury, well he definitely isn't up to speed. Lots of possibles.
He looked from the start like he was trying to pace himself because he knew he would probably need to play more minutes than he was really up to. But his passing was also very conservative. He normally looks to play forward as much as possible but yesterday always seemed to be just looking for the simple option.

May be his confidence has gone but before his injury, I thought there was a bit of sloppiness at times that looked like it stemmed from over confidence after his stellar form last season.

Tevor

Yeah it’s hard to pin point a reason, I thinks it’s both mental and physical. He could barely run in the last 20 mins. Not sure why Monty didn’t give Windust another run as some fresh legs may have been better than two cooked CB’s.

Melange

Yeah it’s hard to pin point a reason, I thinks it’s both mental and physical. He could barely run in the last 20 mins. Not sure why Monty didn’t give Windust another run as some fresh legs may have been better than two cooked CB’s.
I think Monty may have run out of substitutions? In hindsight it may have been better to keep Cumdog on and bolster the backs

Ads

Could the current falling of Tongyik be a blessing in disguise.

Hall and Kye run the show this season and have Tongyik on the bench getting match fitness as well as game training ready to replace one of them next year when one of them gets an overseas deal.

If all 3 were fighting and playing 100% maybe 2 of the 3 may have left the nest.

But now only likely to be 1 hopefully.

LFCMariners

Just watched the highlights then.

Not sure about the offside/ onside call from Ams. Looked inconclusive from the footage we have as to whether there was contact with the ball or not- but not conclusive enough to overturn the linesman's decision.

For the talk about CCM looking gassed from the 70th minute, SFC looked gassed and there for the taking until they subbed Bobo etc. on which gave them a new energy up front.

Kurt Ams aside, CCM would've been fortunate to leave with a point and to get the W would've truly been a gift. In that first half I lost count of how many times Elvis was able to cut through the CCM midfield and get into clear space. It was only some spectacularly bad SFC finishing that stopped them totalling 5 goals or more. This is the concern- in the past fortnight (barring the FFA Cup Semi) the Mariners have conceded 6 goals.

This weak defence, especially midfield, needs to be rectified before the FFA Cup Final because the officials won't be doing us any favours. It's going to be Melbourne's day, all about Melbourne. How nice for Melbourne fans to come out of lockdown and be able to attend an event like this, how good for football to see MELBOURNE in the FFA Cup Final after the horror of finishing last last season, how great is the comp when MELBOURNE are playing well. Just like the game last season against City when they needed the win to seal the Premiership, you think the FFA are going to let CCM spoil their big deal easily?

They want a City v Victory GF, let's face it. They want to create a big new rivalry in one of the 2 big cities with the Wanderers becoming a train-wreck...

Melbourne
mElBouRrNe
MELBOURNE!!!
Melbourne

Melbourne and the FFA can f**k off.

Forum Phoenix

Steele was outstanding before Covid and well ahead of Ballard. He provided steel (pun intended) and an intensity in the centre that Ballard didn’t. He was the perfect foil for Ollie whilst Ballard was a very similar player to Ollie.

Unfortunately Covid hit him the hardest. He was the sickest.

Covid is not the flu. It causes respiratory issues, even after the illness goes away. Some people have never recovered from Covid. Hopefully this won’t be the case for Harry as he is currently a shadow of the player from pre Covid.

Covid has really f**ked our squad. We were one of the fittest in the league. Now we are struggling to play out a match.
That’s precisely how it looked to me. Everyone is dead on their feet - some more than most. But no one looks fit anymore. Which is a big and very sad contrast.

Our first three games back we have had a massive hole in midfield, Sydney were a shambles and couldn’t capitalise first game, but now City and this time - Corica having been able to watch how City played us and copy the game plan - Sydney too. Players could just dribble the ball at medium pace right to our 18 yard box.

Just painful, but I don’t think it’s our teams fault… which makes it tragic.

That said… Imo we have a great side and a great coach so we do have hope of a strong season yet.

Given the above, still hard to imagine us being able to run over the top of victory, but never say die.

Ironbark

Spoke to a player today. Said much of the team isn't back to full fitness and the worst effected for return to fitness: Roux, followed by Hall and Miller. I said you could see it in the last 25mins and he agreed that was the problem. Didn't go through all the players or where they're at obviously. He did say they were building it back to full fitness (the team that is)

Simmo is back to full training and looking good. Is also unsure if he will return to full-Matty-throttle, but is hopeful.

Agree with FP - we are still in for a good season with our team and coach, but a damn shame covid scuttled our momentum.

Also - Cummings is quickly getting on well with the boys, is a real laugh and a great addition to the squad. Well liked, pleased to hear he's fitting in. I do think he'll be amazing for us

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Simon’s done mate
Especially now muller’s finding fitness, Simmo would be lucky to make the bench.
we need to move on from him, great servant and great bloke but time to move on. Give him a role within the club somewhere.
He's back in training according to commentaries last week. I wouldn't write him off.

Big Dog

If we're going to continue with 4-4-2 it can't be with Moresche on one flank and Ngololo on the other. Our best wide combinations are Nizzy and Cy. Cy has copped some flack on here but he adds some creativity and works defensively. Not convinced it's the best formation for this squad. Our midfield needs sorting though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred