• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 12 v Entitlement FC

scottmac

Suspended
@marinermick apology, you were right, Moresche ain't going to cut it. @Dobbie no apology, you were wrong Moresche is not a starting 11 player.
Kurt Ams changed that game. He called HB on Fazz and if he didn't it doesn't get overturned. His hand was not in an unnatural position and didn't make his body bigger. Knew nothing about it. It's not handball (as i know it, you can all go and get f**ked with the rule is this and that) He forced the linesman to change his decision on the offside on Bobo and if he didn't VAR doesn't overturn it. The c**t is f**ked. Also Cap'n we're sitting together at the cup final cause I've never seen a loss and you seem to attract them so maybe I can cancel you out on Saturday.

Ads

It’s pretty average that coaches can’t comment honoustly without getting fined.

5 minutes stoppage farce.
What does the Var actually see to make decisions.
If Paramount/A-League can’t afford to let fans see the decision making process (aka bunker) maybe just be rid of VAR cause more frustrating than just getting a bad call at this point.

shipwreck

I've never seen a ref run over to a linesman who had raised his flag for offside.

That's insanely unprofessional, like his whole job is judging offside... Now either Ams knew that Donache missed it, which I f**king doubt. Or he was pressuring him into changing his mind which is what happened

Ironbark

@marinermick apology, you were right, Moresche ain't going to cut it. @Dobbie no apology, you were wrong Moresche is not a starting 11 player.
Kurt Ams changed that game. He called HB on Fazz and if he didn't it doesn't get overturned. His hand was not in an unnatural position and didn't make his body bigger. Knew nothing about it. It's not handball (as i know it, you can all go and get f**ked with the rule is this and that) He forced the linesman to change his decision on the offside on Bobo and if he didn't VAR doesn't overturn it. The c**t is f**ked
Agree with everything except Moresche. Moresche is great, he'll provide a tonne by end of season

Tevor

Kurt Ams changed that game. He called HB on Fazz and if he didn't it doesn't get overturned. His hand was not in an unnatural position and didn't make his body bigger. Knew nothing about it. It's not handball (as i know it, you can all go and get f**ked with the rule is this and that) He forced the linesman to change his decision on the offside on Bobo and if he didn't VAR doesn't overturn it. The c**t is f**ked
Yep Ams told VAR all game what the decisions would be, he must be Superman to know Bobo was on side and no one apparently touched the ball. He was too determined on all those decisions.

jacobsfl

Kurt Ams changed that game. He called HB on Fazz and if he didn't it doesn't get overturned. His hand was not in an unnatural position and didn't make his body bigger. Knew nothing about it. It's not handball (as i know it, you can all go and get f**ked with the rule is this and that) He forced the linesman to change his decision on the offside on Bobo and if he didn't VAR doesn't overturn it. The c**t is f**ked. Also Cap'n we're sitting together at the cup final cause I've never seen a loss and you seem to attract them so maybe I can cancel you out on Saturday.
Moresche just isn't a wide player. The only gripe I have with him is he seems to drift in and out of games whereas Urena (and Cummings for that matter) seem to be constantly involved. I'm still not sure what to make of him but he's certainly not starting ahead of Cummings based on what I've seen.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I've never seen a ref run over to a linesman who had raised his flag for offside.

That's insanely unprofessional, like his whole job is judging offside... Now either Ams knew that Donache missed it, which I f**king doubt. Or he was pressuring him into changing his mind which is what happened
Dissenting opinion here....I actually think it's completely appropriate in some situations. Such as this one - ref isn't disputing the relevant positions, but whether there was interfering or whether the person in the middle touched it.

Other cases would be the ones where there's a player interfering with an opponent but not touching the ball.....ref probably has a better view of, say, whether the keeper is blocked, but AR is the one who points out the possible infringement.

Problem here is that we don't know if the VAR said 'no touch in the middle' or if they said 'because our cameras are recycled from ten years ago I can't actually tell' - because if he can't tell, then original ref decision stands - in this case, goal.

Heck, I know sometimes when I've been AR I've had to stand still and call the ref over to say 'I can't tell who touched it in the middle there, but if it was Gosford, then the goalscorer was offside'

Tevor

Dissenting opinion here....I actually think it's completely appropriate in some situations. Such as this one - ref isn't disputing the relevant positions, but whether there was interfering or whether the person in the middle touched it.

Other cases would be the ones where there's a player interfering with an opponent but not touching the ball.....ref probably has a better view of, say, whether the keeper is blocked, but AR is the one who points out the possible infringement.

Problem here is that we don't know if the VAR said 'no touch in the middle' or if they said 'because our cameras are recycled from ten years ago I can't actually tell' - because if he can't tell, then original ref decision stands - in this case, goal.

Heck, I know sometimes when I've been AR I've had to stand still and call the ref over to say 'I can't tell who touched it in the middle there, but if it was Gosford, then the goalscorer was offside'
Yeah but with Ams suggestion that it was not off side then makes the VAR only decide on an obvious error which it couldn’t. It’s arguable that if the offside remained then the VAR wouldn’t over rule that either. Ams changing the decision was critical IMO. And he knew that.

shipwreck

It’s pretty average that coaches can’t comment honoustly without getting fined.

5 minutes stoppage farce.
What does the Var actually see to make decisions.
If Paramount/A-League can’t afford to let fans see the decision making process (aka bunker) maybe just be rid of VAR cause more frustrating than just getting a bad call at this point.
This 100%

If you can't broadcast the footage that is being shown in the decision making process than just can it all together.

scottmac

Suspended
Agree with everything except Moresche. Moresche is great, he'll provide a tonne by end of season
Hopefully. But now, I don't see it. Once Cummings gets up to speed he doesn't make the 11 and Nizzy is 10 miles infront of him on the wing

Michael

First half was very annoying that we never adjusted to being over loaded in midfield (stank of stajic stubbornness) luckily Trent buhagiar is an embarrassingly bad “professional footballer”. He f**king sucks and I mean that with every inch of my being.
On us, despite the clear fatigue factor we did deserve to win. Cumdog is a gem and is our first genuine chance of double figure goals from general play in years. We missed Kye so bad especially as Ruon looked done 30-35mins in. Ollie is a god.
Moresche is fine, was just abit off today. He still brings a lot of value going forward, perhaps a little lost out wide. Maybe Monty could tinker with the formation to a 433 to accommodate our weapons.

Kurt Ams strikes again. Bobo’s goal was corrupt.

turbo

Yeah this is what I think he’s done. Assistant raised flag on the assumption of a touch which puts Bobo offside. If ams saw he didn’t he communicated that and changed the decision.

can’t help but feel he’s potentially screwed us on the handball on Farrell and possibly by Sydney in the box but the replays were so poor you really can’t form an educated opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred