• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 12 v Entitlement FC

true believer

after watching barrnet come off looking very distressed .
in the tards v shitney game.
i'd be starting last weeks team and bringing any of the covid lads
as second half subs only

marinermick

as second half subs only

I know the Mariners measured VO2 output of players and this was in their decision making for selections, hence Steele and Goddard getting less game time.

I wonder if Victory did the same?

true believer

yeah i think so . there is a certain genetic element that isn't quantifiable .
as far as we know barrnet may of had an impact injury.
but as covid has a f'king nasty pulmonary effect no one will be taking a chance

Ads

Will Miller, Nisbit, Hall be back.
What if they tested positive the day of the game do they have to wait the 7 days?

Or are they allowed to let symptoms subside and present 2x negative tests.

Much improved performance by Sydney versus Victory. Hopefully the intensity of the match will take plenty out of them.

Might be a big ask to get Nisbet, Hall and Miller back but intensity needs to lift.

Will the Cumdog make an appearance?

Rising Sun

as second half subs only
We won't be starting last weeks team whatever happens because of Kye's absence. We could do with Hall/Miller being good for half a game each at least to share the spot.

If not then Tongyik and Windust are our last 2 CBs standing and Windust in particular may struggle to last a full game. We might need to press Farrell or even Oli/Max into service has an emergency CB or dip into the NPL again (there is one other possible option I can think of there).

true believer

We won't be starting last weeks team whatever happens because of Kye's absence. We could do with Hall/Miller being good for half a game each at least to share the spot.

If not then Tongyik and Windust are our last 2 CBs standing and Windust in particular may struggle to last a full game. We might need to press Farrell or even Oli/Max into service has an emergency CB or dip into the NPL again (there is one other possible option I can think of there).
storm did decent job last week .if miller isn't 110%. then ,i'd play storm again .
the decision on who plays should be purely on a medical basis

Rising Sun

storm did decent job last week .if miller isn't 110%. then ,i'd play storm again .
the decision on who plays should be purely on a medical basis
Miller hasn't yet got the stamina to last a full game at FB when fit so wouldn't play him there given he is unlikely to be fully fit.

Would be handy though if he can manage.some time at CB. We are likely to be short there given that Tongyik, Windust and Hall if fit might all struggle to play a full 90. Since the following week is mooted as the date for the cup final, it would also be good to get some minutes into Miller's legs with a view to resuming at RB for that.

scottmac

Suspended
He was rubbish and slow, don't know why people think he had a good game?
Yeah you know storm's going to be slow but when he makes stupid passes coming out of our end that lead to turn overs, you just want to ring his neck. Hoof it champ, rather than playing risky balls back towards the middle.
I'd be blooding the young fella Bayliss, but he's down as a midfielder in the squad list so maybe I'm not the best judge. However it will be Kamsoba? on that side I think so maybe Storm for the experience?

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Yeah thats why I queried. Its not a relevant physiological measure for football. This is because its an aerobic measure, whereas football isn't an aerobic activity like marathon.
Football varies between the 3 energy systems.
Spose it's all down to individual recovery and whoever makes the medical judgement on the team.

Vo2 Max I think. The maximum amount of oxygen the players can utilise during effort.

dibo

Yeah thats why I queried. Its not a relevant physiological measure for football. This is because its an aerobic measure, whereas football isn't an aerobic activity like marathon.
I'm not a sports scientist but I've done a bit of running (and reading about running). For a marathon you'd be operating a fair bit below max. VO2Max is more likely to be found through a 12 minute maximum effort (or a beep test!)

Regardless, it's a pretty fair indicator of the physiological capacity to play football because it checks if you're going to be able to make repeat efforts or drop off.

It's not perfect but it's a well understood and reliably tested metric where the players are going to have baseline data already, so we can see how far off their norms they are.

Coastalraider

V02 max will have (hopefully!) been recorded in preseason for each players tests, so it is also a direct comparison of lung efficiency post covid.

Insertnamehere

I'm not a sports scientist but I've done a bit of running (and reading about running). For a marathon you'd be operating a fair bit below max. VO2Max is more likely to be found through a 12 minute maximum effort (or a beep test!)

Regardless, it's a pretty fair indicator of the physiological capacity to play football because it checks if you're going to be able to make repeat efforts or drop off.

It's not perfect but it's a well understood and reliably tested metric where the players are going to have baseline data already, so we can see how far off their norms they are.
Marathon runners have some of the highest vo2max numbers. Footballers less so.

You might use it to compare stages of the season and injury recovery. But the players should have a similar figure anyway.

Regardless I wouldn't be using it for game day decisions. You have GPS data, HRV, relative assessments to recovery, sleep data.

Kilsin

I'm a Personal Trainer and have never used it myself but learned a lot about it and have clients that use it as part of their organisations or teams requirements.

It's basically to see how much oxygen they are providing to the working muscles, and while it's a good indicator of aerobic fitness they usually measure blood lactate and heart rate alongside VO2Max as the main indicators of how efficiently the player can get around the pitch.

It's quite commonly used for footballers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred