• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Match thread - Kawasaki Frontale 21/04/09

Kareem

+1
changing of the culture
winning sure...in mens. IMO too much emphasis on winning in juniors.

+ coach development...
I feel confident in a tactical capacity.
My training ability- ie. development, lacks which is not a good thing...

I understand ur point bout ACL. It is important comp- but Caceres is the best bet IMO. A gamble of a player- but without him we are too predictable (Wilko aside- wat a ball. has to be said again :p)

By the way
Terrigal u13A's- wow! That's what I like to see (and foreign coach- not much suprise)

mariners4ever

didnt wanna read about 5 pages of mostly crap after coming home from japan so here goes.

- the first half mariners were a team i had never seen before, awesome stuff
- 2nd half i think the players just got tired and alot had cramps
- backs, i think played well, first time in a long time
- midfielders and strikers got some good and attacking moves together but couldnt get much of it
- FFS fix up the set pieces, especially back posts
- first goal, lawrie should've made the substitions earlier as the players were ready to come on for a few minutes or so, or not at all as they were going so well
- we need terraces in bay 16, or at least top half
- Also a bloody roof
- oh yeah, the night was quite fun

daddy cool

Mariners4ever totally agree my son and his mates had the time of their lives in Japan so lets not get bogged down on the negitive . The experiance of visiting a differant culture was mid blowing the japenese people and supporters where terrific and its only because of the the A league and the AFC that he has had the chance to travel and support his local team.

mariners4ever

daddy cool said:
Mariners4ever totally agree my son and his mates had the time of their lives in Japan so lets not get bogged down on the negitive . The experiance of visiting a differant culture was mid blowing the japenese people and supporters where terrific and its only because of the the A league and the AFC that he has had the chance to travel and support his local team.

yep, and the club will learn from this campaign, they will draw the positives and the negatives and by the next time we play in the acl we could achieve something, abit like adelaide.

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
+1
changing of the culture

+ coach development...

I understand ur point bout ACL. It is important comp- but Caceres is the best bet IMO. A gamble of a player- but without him we are too predictable (Wilko aside- wat a ball. has to be said again :p)

By the way
Terrigal u13A's- wow! That's what I like to see (and foreign coach- not much suprise)

Who coaches the 13a's?

By far the best coach i have seen at terrigal, and best player too is Luis. He would lose half his players to the reps, then the following season play against the reps and his new team would beat them.
He has an epic control of the ball at his feet, can pick a man out from anywhere. He seems to be able to pass this on. He really should be coaching at a higher youth level.

fishmum

mariners4ever  , you guys did a great job of being heard throughout the match....
I felt so proud of you all....
And so glad to hear that you had a great time, and I agree'd with all your comments...

daddy cool , I also agree with all you said... my son said that if the Mariners ever make it to the Asian cup , he wants to go there,,, he earns a lousy $80 bucks a week, and saved like crazy to live his dream. If not for the fact the mariners made it there , he would have never of gone to Japan, and could never of saved the money... but the Mariners gave him the inspiration to do it...He wanted to witness the great feat of the Mariners playing in such a huge competition such as that!

I did however hear though... that the players wouldn't even get off the bus to thank the guys that travelled to Japan to support them... after the game they just boarded the bus, and sat there ignoring the fans. But Matty Simons got off to say hi to them...
I didn't think that attitude from the others players was a very good promotion for the Mariners towards it's fans... but good on Matty for making the effort!

Also Kawasaki thanks for the clip... it was very moving to see that.... you have been so helpful and nice to everyone here!

clarence

mariners4ever said:
yep, and the club will learn from this campaign, they will draw the positives and the negatives and by the next time we play in the acl we could achieve something, abit like adelaide.

They have to win a comp. to even qualify again for the group stages of the ACL, and going by the existing squad and the number of players on 2 year contracts, it will be about 3 years at least. Start saving now and by the time the club gets it's act together, you will have saved enough to go to Japan Business Class, lol.  ;D

Those that travelled to Japan, I am envious of you but so glad the experience was a good one despite the pouring rain on matchday and the loss. No doubt you will be talking to many over time about your travels, and stories like this will make fans keen to see their team do better so they can have the chance to go away like you did.

This is definitely something that AFL & NRL don't have a chance in hell of replicating, and something that should be promoted the hell out of by the FFA for it's uniqueness to Football.

mariners4ever

fishmum said:
mariners4ever  , you guys did a great job of being heard throughout the match....
And so glad to hear that you had a great time, and I agree'd with all your comments...

I did however hear though... that the players wouldn't even get off the bus to thank the guys that travelled to Japan to support them... after the game they just boarded the bus, and sat there ignoring the fans. But Matty Simons got off to say hi to them...
I didn't think that attitude from the others players was a very good promotion for the Mariners towards it's fans... but good on Matty for making the effort!

thanks fishmum, it was a pleasure. after the game it wasnt just matty who came off, it was boogs, wilko, lawrie, gumps, clarky and one or two other i cannot think of, as lawrie said whilst outside, all the players were very much gutted and disspointed that they let in those 2 goals off the set pieces. But i can distinctively remember a few players not wanting either come over to us in the away bay when others (matty) wanted to and a few players sitting on their backsides in the bus staring at us whilst others came out (huke)

Kareem

Jesus said:
Kareem said:
+1
changing of the culture

+ coach development...

By the way

Who coaches the 13a's?

By far the best coach i have seen at terrigal, and best player too is Luis. He would lose half his players to the reps, then the following season play against the reps and his new team would beat them.
He has an epic control of the ball at his feet, can pick a man out from anywhere. He seems to be able to pass this on. He really should be coaching at a higher youth level.
no clue about them
just saw them play vs Wyoming last week and it was entertaining. Particularly their no10- great playmaker

clarence

mariners4ever said:
fishmum said:

thanks fishmum, it was a pleasure. after the game it wasnt just matty who came off, it was boogs, wilko, lawrie, gumps, clarky and one or two other i cannot think of, as lawrie said whilst outside, all the players were very much gutted and disspointed that they let in those 2 goals off the set pieces. But i can distinctively remember a few players not wanting either come over to us in the away bay when others (matty) wanted to and a few players sitting on their backsides in the bus staring at us whilst others came out (huke)

Maybe they got wind of what Lyall was about to publicly say in the Sydney press the next day and a bit uncertain about where their future lies, or upset about the loss and what was about to be said?

Bit piss weak though, they couldn't at least come out for a few minutes and say 'Hi', but sadly, I have to relate to my own experiences with a couple of players and lament that that sort of inconsistency with the 'engaging the community' tag they want to promote, has happened before. I think others have experienced same situations too.

Mind you, they might have been under instructions from the Japanese hosts and/or AFC not to incite anything with the fans (not go to away bay) or get off the bus as they had a tight schedule. Imagine they'd be under tighter security than what we see at Gosford given the huge popularity of the J-League there.

clarence

FFC Mariner said:
Stories from China tell a similar tale of fans being ignored by the players.

Community club my arse

In all fairness, FFC, there may have been security restrictions they may have had to abide by. Mind you, the surliness I copped from a couple of players locally, does lead one to suggest that some of the players are up themselves.

FFC Mariner

Sorry Clarence, talk to some of the people that were there - Brad Porter and Matty made an effort I'm told so they could have but chose not to

clarence

FFC Mariner said:
Sorry Clarence, talk to some of the people that were there - Brad Porter and Matty made an effort I'm told so they could have but chose not to

Fair enough. But Brad and Matty, being local guys themselves, may have been friends or known the spectators personally - hence their willingness to go over to them. But I get your point, and know it only too well from my own experiences.

Jesus

Jesus
clarence said:
FFC Mariner said:

Fair enough. But Brad and Matty, being local guys themselves, may have been friends or known the spectators personally - hence their willingness to go over to them. But I get your point, and know it only too well from my own experiences.

Porter = Hero

Marquee

At every away game I've been to, Porter has come over to the away support section after the game.

Top Bloke

Andre_1

Mmm ......I was there and this they didn't say g'day stuff can be a bit misleading. We stayed at the same hotel as the players and bumped into Hutch and Huke geting a coffee before heading for dinner. My son is very good mates with Hutch and he was gutted and not up for a chat Huke thanked us for coming so I think you need to temper players did not talk to us etc on that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred