• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Match thread - Kawasaki Frontale 21/04/09

fishmum

I have enjoyed the photos very much... I went and sent a message, I am not sure where it may be on the board though?... but hopefully you will see it there.

Kawasaki

to fishmum
It is made a note definitely.
I think that you can confirm it if you access the URL of the forum once again.

Teddy Bear

Jesus said:
caceras was struggling wasnt he with a cold or something? But I have no doubt he would not have done more than kwassie, who i thought was one of our best.

People talking about not having room for bozza, we have no marquee, and could have even had more cap if we a)made someone youth marquee
b)didnt sign nash (Wtf btw, worth decision ever!)
c)injury cover for elrich
list goes on.

People who think confidence is an issue but that bozza wouldnt have put the boot up the lads and inspired them to defend better at set pieces as soon as one of these goals went in months ago, I dont know what to say. You must not have watched bozza when he was here.

It is time we removed the shackles and said "Danny be aggressive". If he gets banned he gets banned. But in the meantime we are suffering. At the moment, if I was boss, and was unwilling to release him to play the way he plays best, I would be looking to replace him, because he is far below whatn he is capable of.

If we kept bozza purely to make danny earn his spot, and inspire him and teach everyone in the squad his immense knowledge of the game, it would have been well worth marquee wages IMHO

IMHO I don't think it would take marquee money to lure Bozza to a club. As long as he gets some game time I dont think a huge sum of money would be an issue provided he is able to keep his gig with fox sports.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true
almost any coach in the world would have brought on caceres for that attacking spark...but lets throw another striker on...Caceres must play! I am at a loss for words as to exactly how Kwasnik started ahead of Caceres. Caceres would have been ideal for the attackin mid, Second striker role Kwassie was in

kwassie justified his position last night while every opportunity caceras (see kawasaki first leg) has had had resulted in copious loss of possession

we saw in leg one what copious amount of possession did to us

+1

If Caceres was in my All age team I'd want to bash him. There is nothing more frustrating than a player going for highlight reel every touch and failing every touch.

Kareem

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true
almost any coach in the world would have brought on caceres for that attacking spark...but lets throw another striker on...Caceres must play! I am at a loss for words as to exactly how Kwasnik started ahead of Caceres. Caceres would have been ideal for the attackin mid, Second striker role Kwassie was in

kwassie justified his position last night while every opportunity caceras (see kawasaki first leg) has had had resulted in copious loss of possession

+1

If Caceres was in my All age team I'd want to bash him. There is nothing more frustrating than a player going for highlight reel every touch and failing every touch.
thankyou
you highlight the major problem with Aussie football! (particularly grassroots level)
Yes, sure Caceres shouldnt be the poster boy for creative attacking football (he needs some work), but your attitude is just an example of the problems in lower level football.
I'm sorry if I seem to be attacking you, because honestly your not alone- its a stereotypical aussie thing.
The way Caceres tries to play...that's what I want to pay my money for. That's what I get excited over. That's what lacks in Australia. It's the style I try and emulate at futsal on a Monday, or at training tonight or occasionally in a game on the weekend- but then I have to be careful at fear of being criticised for the same thing- and trust me if you watche me play I stuff up even more ;)
The one thing I tried to ensure with my u13s last year was to let the creative juices flow- we made the GF.
Sure, we lost to 1st place (Toukley)- all 4 times (2 rather convincing losses) yet I had the 3rd place coach come up to us and say we were better team than Toukley (I assume he meant playing wise coz obviously we just couldnt match it results wise)

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true

+1

thankyou
you highlight the major problem with Aussie football! (particularly grassroots level)
Yes, sure Caceres shouldnt be the poster boy for creative attacking football (he needs some work), but your attitude is just an example of the problems in lower level football.
I'm sorry if I seem to be attacking you, because honestly your not alone- its a stereotypical aussie thing.
The way Caceres tries to play...that's what I want to pay my money for. That's what I get excited over. That's what lacks in Australia. It's the style I try and emulate at futsal on a Monday, or at training tonight or occasionally in a game on the weekend- but then I have to be careful at fear of being criticised for the same thing- and trust me if you watche me play I stuff up even more ;)
The one thing I tried to ensure with my u13s last year was to let the creative juices flow- we made the GF.
Sure, we lost to 1st place (Toukley)- all 4 times (2 rather convincing losses) yet I had the 3rd place coach come up to us and say we were better team than Toukley (I assume he meant playing wise coz obviously we just couldnt match it results wise)

+1

We need to encourage this type of football at grassroots level.

As for Caceras, its too late for him so he should stop.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true

+1

The way Caceres tries to play...

Fair point. The way Caceres tries to play, but fails every time.

What the frustrating players, that I am thinking of, do is go for the killer pass when they don't have the skill or it isn't the best option. When it is not on, it is not on. No use doing flicks and tricks when wildly ineffective.

In the ACL, Caceres has been the worst player to come on the pitch. Every touch has been wasteful. I will not adore him because he aspires to the football I want to see. I will only adore him if he actually plays the football I want to see.

I would love to see an effective AM with flair and what the opposition consider a Pandora's box of skills and tricks.

I agree with your point Kareem. Just recall when I skilled around you in a Marinators Mutineer clash last year to see that I like to play attacking with skill ( I fail, but I aspire to it). ;)

Kareem

Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true

+1

What the frustrating players, that I am thinking of, do is go for the killer pass when they don't have the skill or it isn't the best option. When it is not on, it is not on. No use doing flicks and tricks when wildly ineffective.

In the ACL, Caceres has been the worst player to come on the pitch. Every touch has been wasteful. I will not adore him because he aspires to the football I want to see. I will only adore him if he actually plays the football I want to see.

I would love to see an effective AM with flair and what the opposition consider a Pandora's box of skills and tricks.

I agree with your point Kareem. Just recall when I skilled around you in a Marinators Mutineer clash last year to see that I like to play attacking with skill ( I fail, but I aspire to it). ;)
lol dont remember that much from mutineer match (dont really remember ur face)
and the number of times I get nuttied and outskilled its humerous really.
Got nuttied badly in div2 indoor on Monday + scored a fabulous own goal (does that count as a hattrick?)

I think calling Caceres our worst player on the pitch in ACL is a bit harsh...so many other candidates- osman, hutch, wilko (wat a pass for our goal but), boogs, Mrdja :p
Remember when Caceres came on vs Tianjin (or was it Pohang)(you know overseas game), he was electric.
And on touches- wat a great touch for his goal :p

My point is- when is it an allright time to practice?
In the training pitch?
Who's to say it doesn't work at Jubille for Caceres
You know the number of crazy things I've done at training that i can't recripricate in a game?
I scored 2 or 3 screamers at training. Last year tried it on a friday night- ball went near the corner flag (lol'd hard though so it was good :p)
And besides I much rather my players look up to a player like Caceres than Hutcho. Even better would be Messi but let's not go there :p
People were talking about Caceres for the Halaroos a few months back- just give him time- every1 has a form slump occasionally.

When a player tries the things that Caceres does- he is much more open to criticism if he fails then others- and that is negative for young players.
I got in trouble for a successful back heel flick at training.
I got in trouble for flicking a ball over someone's head 2 times on the weekend (sure one I failed, but the other we almost scored).
I was told to instead chest it and play on from there... :ashamed:
I can guarantee I will think twice before doing any of that again on Sunday.

marinermick

Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true

+1

I will not adore him because he aspires to the football I want to see. I will only adore him if he actually plays the football I want to see.

never a truer word spoken

Wombat

Kareem said:
my main point was Lawrie's nondecision in not bringing on caceres at all

but i still reckon that caceres should have started ahead of Kwasnik, but thats another story
- was impressed with Kwassie's performance but he just doesnt provide the same spark as Adrian for me.
I do remember saying BEFORE the 5-0 drubbing I would rather Kwassie than Mrdja in the side, and I stand by that comment!

I think Kwas deserved a start over Caceras, just on their respective performances in the 5.0 drubbing.  Hopefully LM will start picking players on form now rather than just his favourites.
Anyway credit has to go to Lawrie for making some changes at last.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Kareem said:
Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true

+1

Got nuttied badly in div2 indoor on Monday + scored a fabulous own goal (does that count as a hattrick?)

I think calling Caceres our worst player on the pitch in ACL is a bit harsh...so many other candidates- osman, hutch, wilko (wat a pass for our goal but), boogs, Mrdja :p
Remember when Caceres came on vs Tianjin (or was it Pohang)(you know overseas game), he was electric.

In the training pitch?
You know the number of crazy things I've done at training that i can't recripricate in a game?
I scored 2 or 3 screamers at training. Last year tried it on a friday night- ball went near the corner flag (lol'd hard though so it was good :p)
And besides I much rather my players look up to a player like Caceres than Hutcho. Even better would be Messi but let's not go there :p
People were talking about Caceres for the Halaroos a few months back- just give him time- every1 has a form slump occasionally.

When a player tries the things that Caceres does- he is much more open to criticism if he fails then others- and that is negative for young players.
I got in trouble for flicking a ball over someone's head 2 times on the weekend (sure one I failed, but the other we almost scored).

Caceres is not a symbol for the down trodden skilful underclass whose sublime abilities are fettered by an uncultured coachdom.

One can express at training and in the slums. On match day in mens' comp and the A-league it is about winning.

You are right Kareem, that unfortunately a win at all cost culture pervades the youth levels in Australia which hopefully will be replaced by a culture of development, particularly technical development.
But you must concede that at the level of Asian Champions League we shouldn't be supressing our admonishments of Caceres because he is expressing the most beautiful side of our game.

In the ACL, every team is much better than us. We can't constantly give them the bloody ball because of dreamt of ideal football philosophies.

You are going about it the right way Kareem. To bring about the beautiful game in Australia we must cultivate technique at the youth level. Keep up the good work.

FFC Mariner

I am dreaming of 11 Patafka's. Beautiful skills, no end product.

Sort of like the Dutch national side really.

You need a blend of both (Italy, Ze Chermans or Argentina anyone)

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
Kareem said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true

+1

In the training pitch?

Caceres is not a symbol for the down trodden skilful underclass whose sublime abilities are fettered by an uncultured coachdom.

One can express at training and in the slums. On match day in mens' comp and the A-league it is about winning.

You are right Kareem, that unfortunately a win at all cost culture pervades the youth levels in Australia which hopefully will be replaced by a culture of development, particularly technical development.
But you must concede that at the level of Asian Champions League we shouldn't be supressing our admonishments of Caceres because he is expressing the most beautiful side of our game.

In the ACL, every team is much better than us. We can't constantly give them the bloody ball because of dreamt of ideal football philosophies.

You are going about it the right way Kareem. To bring about the beautiful game in Australia we must cultivate technique at the youth level. Keep up the good work.

I think you will find FFA is well ahead of you. Eg small sided games

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Jesus said:
I think you will find FFA is well ahead of you. Eg small sided games

Of course, the small sided games will help in technical development and I see it as a great initiative on the part of the FFA and wrote effusive posts in praise of them when they were announced.
  As I said, I hope there is a changing of culture that goes with that. That is not something FFA control. Talking with parents of young football players one gets a sense that they don't understand the benefits of and reasoning behind SSG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred