• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Match thread - Kawasaki Frontale 21/04/09

Andre_1

Hey guy's bit off the subject I know but.....firstly congrats to all the guy's who made the effort to go to the game in Kawasaki I think we not only supported our team but won some japanese hearts as well. seriously they bloody loved us!! i am making a DVD of our time in Japan and I need to know what is the name of the song we were dancing to during the game? If you could let me know I would appreciate it.

mariners4ever

Andre_1 said:
Mmm ......I was there and this they didn't say g'day stuff can be a bit misleading. We stayed at the same hotel as the players and bumped into Hutch and Huke geting a coffee before heading for dinner. My son is very good mates with Hutch and he was gutted and not up for a chat Huke thanked us for coming so I think you need to temper players did not talk to us etc on that?
at least huke spoke to you, whilst others came out of the bus to shake our hands and have a chat, he probably felt too relaxed to get off his seat. yes i know they were all gutted but we had players who had played the whole game come and see us whereas huke and the other subs didnt 

fishmum

We stayed at the same hotel as the players and bumped into Hutch and Huke geting a coffee before heading for dinner.
I guess if you were in the same hotel and ran into them, then they couldn't avoid saying hello...Just because they were gutted , they shouldn't take it out on the very people that are there supporting them, and wanting to let them know they were proud of their effort?

firstly congrats to all the guy's who made the effort to go to the game in Kawasaki I think we not only supported our team but won some japanese hearts as well. seriously they bloody loved us!! i am making a DVD of our time in Japan and I need to know what is the name of the song we were dancing to during the game? If you could let me know I would appreciate it.

Were you guys dancing to the perth glory tune?...
we could hear you all singing it, but they didn't show you all dancing?...
Fronta sent me some great pics, of you guys... and called you all the pied piper because all the japanese children were dancing behind you all...I think we all missed out on a really top time!!...

As for the guys being gutted?... why?... 5-0 is a time to be gutted but loosing 2-1 is no bloody disgrace..how many games have they lost by 1 goal?

My son and friends come home tomorrow, so I will ask him what the tune is,...

fronta

Andre_1 said:
I think we not only supported our team but won some japanese hearts as well. seriously they bloody loved us!!
You said it! bloody well!! : )

the match day photos on my Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dillo-h/sets/72157617132324038/

mariners4ever

fishmum said:
As for the guys being gutted?... why?... 5-0 is a time to be gutted but loosing 2-1 is no bloody disgrace..how many games have they lost by 1 goal?
yes you're right
BUT
to lose a game where they could've won against quality opposition, to let in 2 f**king goals off 2 f**king set pieces (roughly waht lawrie said outside after the game) and a chance to draw/win to have a better chance of qualifying for the next stage

mariners4ever

fronta said:
Andre_1 said:
I think we not only supported our team but won some japanese hearts as well. seriously they bloody loved us!!

also thanks for all your help fronta and all the photos they look great, greatly appreciated

fishmum

BUT
to lose a game where they could've won against quality opposition, to let in 2 f**king goals off 2 f**king set pieces (roughly waht lawrie said outside after the game) and a chance to draw/win to have a better chance of qualifying for the next stage

lol... yeah your right too....
But heck, they gave it a shot, a lot was working against them all... the weather for one, how many goals have they conceeded from corners and free kicks?.. A LOT!!!
this isn't the first time and won't be the last, they need to man up and except they are cra@#$ at defending them...

fishmum

Fronta?... what is the white mascot?...
I know the dolphin abd the dog, but can't figure out what the white thing is?

FFC Mariner

fronta said:
Andre_1 said:

Bloody brilliant pix - well done to the lot of you.

fishmum

Bloody brilliant pix - well done to the lot of you.

Yes aren't they fantastic.... he truly captured the feeling and mood I loved the one's of them dancing, and the viking looking out onto the ground, and pub group one...
and I loved the comments he put with them.. I laughed about the kimono's being pyjamas.. made me giggle.
I hope someone got a pic of fronta?,....

Thanks Fronta, for taking care of our marinators!... your a good bloke!

fishmum

lol.... apparently the kimono's were in their hotel room, and they decided to wear them to the game..to fit into the japanese theme and feel.
I am sure it must have given the Kawasaki fans a good laugh,

fishmum

You know, seeing as the Mariner's don't look like having a chance of going onwards, I'd like to Kawasaki Frontal go on to win the entire competition.
For a number of reasons.

#1... They played us off the park in the first round. They thrashed our butts, but to watch them play, watch their speed and movement, passing , and ball skills ability, I left that game feeling very impressed with what I saw.

#2... The kindness and respect that Japanese fans/people have shown us.

#3. ... Our last game was a narrow loss, and to have held our own, except for two silly mistakes
          against such a high quality team, would be no disgrace for anyone... if they went onto to win the championship.

If we drop out, which is 99% sure... my support is behind kawasaki Frontal...to go on and take out the championship!.... they deserve it!

fronta

fishmum said:
I laughed about the kimono's being pyjamas.. made me giggle.

I hope someone got a pic of fronta?,....

Thanks Fronta, for taking care of our marinators!... your a good bloke!

ahhh... that's a kind of Kimono, but That's Japanese traditional pyjamas!!
All Frontale fans recognized that is pyjamas when we saw them in a blink! : D
That's one of funniest moment in the stadium!

I taken some more photos, though, traveling Morinators took numerous photos. I think they'd show us!

White furry mascots...
You talk about this one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dillo-h/3410796171/in/set-72157616334950792/
It's "Pee-ka-boo kun" he is vegetable "Turnip". one of our sponsor's furry mascot. (moneyed corporation) . Stock and Turnip are same pronounced in Japan "Kabu"

I felt so sorry about half empty stadium when our match day...
That's week-day night and bloody hard rain....
I felt really hurts when one of Marinators asked me "That's exciting Interenational match! Why stadium half empty ? " ... sorry... *crying*

fishmum...
...... I guess you misunderstand about me, but It's ok that's just futile thing : )
ask about me your son when he's back.... : )

fishmum

Thank you Fronta, for explaining to me what the white mascot was. I found it to be very interesting.

but That's Japanese traditional pyjamas!!
All Frontale fans recognized that is pyjamas when we saw them in a blink! : D
That's one of funniest moment in the stadium!

I have to say, I was laughing , when I saw them on the TV at the game, dressed like that.
They always do silly harmless fun things like that. They have a good sense of humour, and it was lovely that  the Frontal fans were able to laugh with them.

I felt so sorry about half empty stadium when our match day...
That's week-day night and bloody hard rain....
I felt really hurts when one of Marinators asked me "That's exciting Interenational match! Why stadium half empty ? " ... sorry... *crying*
Don't feel sorry, there was still more people there, than we would have got at a home game, if the weather was like that. I don't think that they were disappointed or upset, they all looked like they were having a great time. And no rain was going to stop them from enjoying the moment!..and the Frontal fans that were there, made it very special for the marinators, and gave them a lot of nice memories.

Frontal I can tell you are a very very good and nice person, and I am sure my son will speak of the fun he had and how nice it was to meet you!

fishmum

Great work again Fronta, capturing our Marinators,
It is amazing what a difference a roof can make to the sound level that you can produce by being under it, we definately need a roof at blue tongue.

fishmum

The next will meet you in the finals of the ACL!
We want to keep a friendly relationship with you.

I can't see the Mariners being there... But I hope you guys are!!!
And I would also like to see the relationship between our two clubs grow  in support of each other.

I for one, thank you for the friendship that you and fronta  have extended to us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred