• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Match thread - Kawasaki Frontale 21/04/09

marinermick

Kareem said:
Nice one- and so true
almost any coach in the world would have brought on caceres for that attacking spark...but lets throw another striker on...Caceres must play! I am at a loss for words as to exactly how Kwasnik started ahead of Caceres. Caceres would have been ideal for the attackin mid, Second striker role Kwassie was in

kwassie justified his position last night while every opportunity caceras (see kawasaki first leg) has had had resulted in copious loss of possession

we saw in leg one what copious amount of possession did to us

Sacko

I thought Kwassie did well last night, he put a few good balls in from his wing and and gave us another outlet other than Simon for the defence to hoof it too.

The school boy defending (for 8 of the 9 goals we've conceded in the ACL) cost us the game AGAIN last night, not the performance of Kwassie. Along with school boy coaching which led to the winning goal, who changes a defender when defending a corner that's basic stuff you learn in school yard!

The 2 full backs looked OK, espeically going foward, but the 2 centre backs and Danny need to take a long hard look at themselves AGAIN.

Hutch, Osman and Gumps created sweat FA in the middle, but still we could have won if only we had learnt how to defend a set piece! 

jaypee

Its interesting that we have centered on Wilko as the major issue at CB. I actually think Boogs has been worse and needs replacing ASAP. For someone who was one of our best in V3 he was poor in V4 and Piss Poor in ACL. Wilko was a lot more solid when he had a solid CB next to him. (and I am not a great Wilko fan)

Also yes Danny is to blame for some of the poor organisation at the back but in all honesty I am not convinced Bozza (if we had the $$$) or anyone else would have done better..... confidence is the major issue.  If we had the $$$ we would not have kept Bozza but gone looking for a better mid (I hope we would have)

dibo

Sacko said:
I thought Kwassie did well last night, he put a few good balls in from his wing and and gave us another outlet other than Simon for the defence to hoof it too.

The school boy defending (for 8 of the 9 goals we've conceded in the ACL) cost us the game AGAIN last night, not the performance of Kwassie. Along with school boy coaching which led to the winning goal, who changes a defender when defending a corner that's basic stuff you learn in school yard!

The 2 full backs looked OK, espeically going foward, but the 2 centre backs and Danny need to take a long hard look at themselves AGAIN.

Hutch, Osman and Gumps created sweat FA in the middle, but still we could have won if only we had learnt how to defend a set piece!

you're exactly right sacko.

we're not in burn the village territory, there was a lot of promise out of last night's match (so that means 3 of our 4 matches so far). there IS a hell of a lot of work to do, but at least it can be pretty targeted.

our creativity last night was much improved, and we've got elrich coming back in so that should improve that. matt could've done with a hand but better service is as good as a hand. we were much better when we crossed rather than hoofed.

i think we created roughly as many chances as they did, and we looked much much closer to their standard than a fortnight ago.

the defence played out neatly under pressure especially in the first half hour, but the constant problem is a lack of movement or enterprise in midfield. it's very hard to build play or possession when we're not just second to 50-50 balls but even to passes from our own defenders.

then when we're under pressure at set pieces our marking is atrocious.

these things are massive issues that have cost us so many matches and any chance of notching a single win in nearly four months. they must be fixed. if they can't be, the players and/or manager must change. the problems have been there a while, so the clock is really ticking loudly.

Andre_1

If I can throw my two bob's worth in I find it mind bogling that a coach would make a double substitution prior to an opposition corner? That is just bloody madness! I was at the match with the guys and I can tell you it was GREAT. The supporters did the Mariners and the Coast proud in the way they behaved and interacted with the crowd (who bloody loved us btw) We had Japanese business dudes on the piss dancing with us, little kids coming up to practise their english and get photo's with us. Our overall reception by the Kawasaki fans was first class. here are some pics from last night.

Kareem

my main point was Lawrie's nondecision in not bringing on caceres at all

but i still reckon that caceres should have started ahead of Kwasnik, but thats another story
- was impressed with Kwassie's performance but he just doesnt provide the same spark as Adrian for me.
I do remember saying BEFORE the 5-0 drubbing I would rather Kwassie than Mrdja in the side, and I stand by that comment!

Kareem

Andre_1 said:
If I can throw my two bob's worth in I find it mind bogling that a coach would make a double substitution prior to an opposition corner? That is just bloody madness!
+ 1
no 1 rule from my u16C's/u17B's coach- never sub on a corner
Oh well

fishmum

Andre_1

Thanks for the pics, and the info, that was lovely to hear that you all were so welcomed in a warm friendly way, by the other supporters. I know that my son and his mates, were there to enjoy the moment, and felt proud they could be there to support the team, I am sure that the others also felt the same way... and to hear your voices on the telecast chanting loud and stong , and easily heard amongst the huge Kawasaki fans, did make us at home feel proud...
You all did a great job of being heard!!!

I must tell you guys over there, that you are all on fox news and sports news every 30 minutes,
running up to the railing when Simon scored!....

Jesus

Jesus
caceras was struggling wasnt he with a cold or something? But I have no doubt he would not have done more than kwassie, who i thought was one of our best.

People talking about not having room for bozza, we have no marquee, and could have even had more cap if we a)made someone youth marquee
b)didnt sign nash (Wtf btw, worth decision ever!)
c)injury cover for elrich
list goes on.

People who think confidence is an issue but that bozza wouldnt have put the boot up the lads and inspired them to defend better at set pieces as soon as one of these goals went in months ago, I dont know what to say. You must not have watched bozza when he was here.

It is time we removed the shackles and said "Danny be aggressive". If he gets banned he gets banned. But in the meantime we are suffering. At the moment, if I was boss, and was unwilling to release him to play the way he plays best, I would be looking to replace him, because he is far below whatn he is capable of.

If we kept bozza purely to make danny earn his spot, and inspire him and teach everyone in the squad his immense knowledge of the game, it would have been well worth marquee wages IMHO

Jimmy

Kareem said:
Andre_1 said:
If I can throw my two bob's worth in I find it mind bogling that a coach would make a double substitution prior to an opposition corner? That is just bloody madness!
+ 1
Oh well

Lawrie had already told the assistant referee to call for a sub on the next out, unfortunately it then turned out to be a corner, then instead of subbing two, he only subbed the one player.

jaypee

Jesus said:
caceras was struggling wasnt he with a cold or something? But I have no doubt he would not have done more than kwassie, who i thought was one of our best.

People talking about not having room for bozza, we have no marquee, and could have even had more cap if we a)made someone youth marquee
b)didnt sign nash (Wtf btw, worth decision ever!)
c)injury cover for elrich
list goes on.

People who think confidence is an issue but that bozza wouldnt have put the boot up the lads and inspired them to defend better at set pieces as soon as one of these goals went in months ago, I dont know what to say. You must not have watched bozza when he was here.

It is time we removed the shackles and said "Danny be aggressive". If he gets banned he gets banned. But in the meantime we are suffering. At the moment, if I was boss, and was unwilling to release him to play the way he plays best, I would be looking to replace him, because he is far below whatn he is capable of.

If we kept bozza purely to make danny earn his spot, and inspire him and teach everyone in the squad his immense knowledge of the game, it would have been well worth marquee wages IMHO

WHERE DOES THE BLOODY MONEY COME FROM???? It doesn't grow on trees. Yes we have backers with coin but the fact is its tied up in property and thats not a great thing at the moment. Also It was Bozza who wanted to go after 7 games as he had his TV show to shoot.... He played some games, got injured and at his age is he worthy of Marquee considering he was injured after 3 or 4 games maybe not.... Also our defense against QLD and Melbourne when he kept wasn't great and he didn't change it (last minute goal by Tards etc)

I am a huge Bozza fan but as a realist we could not have made him Marquee and that is what he would have been after. We don't need a Marquee GK (pains me to say that) we need an attacking Mid Marquee and some new defenders - I would dare say lower league UK guys could defend better then our guys and most would be hard as...

tikky

Jimmy said:
Kareem said:
Andre_1 said:
+ 1
Oh well

Lawrie had already told the assistant referee to call for a sub on the next out, unfortunately it then turned out to be a corner, then instead of subbing two, he only subbed the one player.
he can postpone it to next out can't he?

tikky

What about money that we were going to offer Aloisi?
When we didn't sign Bozza as marquee I got excited, I thought we had a better marquee (ie. midfielder) line up.
Unless they are still saving up the money?

jaypee

tikky said:
What about money that we were going to offer Aloi$i?
When we didn't sign Bozza as marquee I got excited, I thought we had a better marquee (ie. midfielder) line up.
Unless they are still saving up the money?

Yep but that was 6-8 months before season start and a lot changed in that time

Singo got closer to his NRL team
Mariners sunk money into Club Tuggerah

Fact is we chased Aloisi with sponsors money - not Mariners money. Sponsors can pull that money at anytime...

Jimmy

tikky said:
Jimmy said:
Kareem said:
Andre_1 said:
+ 1
Oh well

he can postpone it to next out can't he?

Yeah, just a bit complicated with a non-english speaking ref I guess.
Do refs have to speak more than one language in certain comps?

Kawasaki

Hey!

Do not you come in our forum?
This site is written in Japanese.
But We OK even English!

http://ex24.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/soccer/1240065669/l50

Then, Nice guy which changed my uniform (No. 19) for a uniform of Mariners, thank you!

Kawasaki

Match report (Kawasaki Frontale official site)

Match day 3
http://www.frontale.co.jp/goto_game/2009/acl/03.html

Match day 4
http://www.frontale.co.jp/goto_game/2009/acl/04.html

As for this report, a photograph is cool.
A player of Kawasaki Frontale becomes Maine.

fishmum

Kawasaki
was it a player or supporter that changed uniforms with you?
Your english is very good, I looked at the sites but it all comes up in squares for us, so we can't understand very much of it.
So we don't know what to do at your site, sorry.
I do thank you for coming here though, we are very honoured.

When we go to your sites everything is written is squares like this
フロンターレのスターティングメンバーは、ジュニーニョとテセの2トップ、中盤右に中村、左にヴィトール、谷口と横山のダブルボランチ。伊藤-寺田-井川-森の最終ライン、GK川島。セントラルコーストは前回の対戦をふまえ、前線の枚数を減らして守備を固めてきた。コンパクトな布陣から裏のスペースを狙ってくるが、フロンターレも最終ラインを上げてオフサイドを取る。4分、フロンターレの攻撃。裏のスペースに抜けたヴィトールがドリブル突破を狙うが、DFにつかれてチャンスを広げられず。7分には、テセが頭すらしてヴィトールが右サイドからスルーパス。ジュニーニョが斜めに走り込むが、トラップが大きくシュートには持ち込めず。セントラルコーストはサイモンを起点に攻撃をしかけるが、寺田と井川の両ストッパーでターゲットマンを自由にプレーさせない。10分、フロンターレ

Kawasaki

to fishmum

>Kawasaki was it a player or supporter that changed uniforms with you?

supporter.He was a tall, cool person.

>Your english is very good

Google Language Tools contributes to all.

Sorry.The Japanese is difficult for you.Please enjoy even a photograph.

The forum does not need the registration.There is an entry column in the bottom of the screen.
"名前" is going to write your name. However, We omit most cases.
When the "E-mail" column has you write it as "sage" if you can do it, We are glad.
If the note of the sentence is over, please push the "書き込む" button.
A screen is replaced, and a lot of Japanese is displayed, but please push the button without minding it.

Please write in it willingly. We wait for a visit!

Thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred