• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Match thread - Kawasaki Frontale 21/04/09

dru

Ok I've pulled the relevant parts from the ACL thread for Tianjin and Kawasaki into separate travel threads if any one is doing Pohang feel free to add a thread for that game.

Kawasaki Frontale
nickname: the Dolphins
Fans group: Blue Friends
Found: 1955 as Fujitsu S.C
Professionalism: 1997
Asian Performance:
ACL 2007: Quarter-Finals
Stadium: Todoroki Athletics Stadium (Capacity: 25,000)
Average home attendance in J-League 2008: 17,565
kawasaki_todoroki.jpg

todoroki311.jpg

http://frontales-uk.blogspot.com/

samurai said:
From Narita airport to the Flontale studium
cheapest way
take JR train to the Tokyo station(90 minutes) but if take an express train, just 1hours.
and then take Tokaido line to Kawasaki station(20 minutes) and then take Nanboku line to Musashi Nakahara station(20 minutes) 20 minutes walk to the studium.
it costs you about A$20(one way)

Arabmariner said:
http://www.fussballtempel.net/afc/JPN/Todoroki.html

dru

pulled from http://frontales-uk.blogspot.com/2008/10/is-this-way-to-todoroki.html

Getting to Todoroki

Frontale play their home games at Todoroki Stadium which is situated in Kawasaki City, across the Tama River from the southernmost part of Tokyo.

The stadium is just off the Nakahara Kaido (a dual carriageway connecting Tokyo with Yokohama), making road access fairly straightforward, but it's far easier to go by rail.

There are two stations within walking distance of Todoroki: Shin-Maruko and Musashi-Nakahara

Shin-Maruko station is on the Tokyu Toyoko Line, connecting Shibuya (in central Tokyo) with Yokohama, and is probably your best bet. Turn right out of the west exit and keep walking north til you reach the Nakahara Kaido. Turn left and follow the Nakahara Kaido west until it bends sharply to the left. Don't follow this bend, but instead take the small road on your right and follow your nose til the stadium comes into view.

Musashi-Nakahara station is on the JR Nambu Line. From here, turn right out of the north exit and then left onto the Nakahara Kaido heading east. Once you've passed the intersection with Route 409 (another main road) take the next left and you'll eventually see the stadium in the distance.

Alternatively, if the thought of a 20-minute walk gets you all hot and bothered, you can take a bus from outside the north exit of Musashi-Kosugi station (the next stop along from both Shin-Maruko on the Tokyu Toyoko Line and Musashi-Nakahara on the JR Nambu Line). Either the No. 1 (Kawasaki City Bus) or No. 2 (Tokyu Bus), bound for Mizonokuchi Station, will take you within 5 minutes of the stadium.

Google Maps now has Street View covering this area, so you can familiarise yourself with the routes before you go. (Features some nice shots of the cherry blossom round the stadium in full bloom, too!)

Also looking at game prices for the last J league and assuming they stay the same we are up for about $36 for tickets if pre bought or about $41 on the day

fishmum

Thank you for this post.... my family are looking into traveling for this game... and this gives us some idea of where we need to go and costs etc... any more information that you can furnish would be much appreciated...

fishmum

just some more little things I found that I thought I would add, these may or may not be helpful...

Kawasaki-City Todoroki Arena
211, Kawasaki-City Nakahara-Ward Todoroki 1-3
phone: 81-044-798-5000

http://www.city.kawasaki.jp/sisetu_e/todoroki.htm

arenamap.gif

arena.gif

e_title.gif

japan-country-map-2008.jpg

outline.jpg

tokyo_bay3.gif

These properties have availability for 8/4/2009 - 9/4/2009
Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka from AU$169.27 per night

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku from AU$300.93 per night

The Prince Park Tower Tokyo from AU$445.83 per night

Dai-Ichi Hotel - Tokyo from AU$513.51 per night

Shinagawa Prince Hotel from AU$222.36 per night

brett

"These properties have availability for 8/4/2009 - 9/4/2009"

Check your dates in the thead title fishmum :)

fishmum

excellent Brett , thanks......
I am doing my best to sift through info....and I need all the help I can get..lol... :piralaugh:

I was looking at the date that we play at bluetongue not Japan...sheesh..... what a dummy

dru

In regards to game day, I'm thinking that we all meet up in Tokyo somewhere close to Tokyo station (or at it) sometime during the day and travel down to the game together. From what I can see there isn't much in the way of accommodation in the Kawasaki area but will keep digging. Tokyo will probably be the most exepensive to stay so I'll only be doing it for a few days around the game.

Fishmum anything in particular you're looking to have answered?

I will say a lonely planet guide book of japan is a good place to start.

fishmum

I love your idea of meeting up in tokyo and traveling to the game together,,,, feel safer in crowds and less likely to get lost!....

brett

I'll be looking to stay in Japan maybe 8-9 nights dru, and unless there is something else there worth seeing I will probably only go there on match day. Not desperate to be based in Kawasaki.

If others are following a similar system I'd say a Tokyo station meet-up would be a great idea.

fishmum

what is the best fare that you have been able to find to tokyo?

I found this one...
Call 1300 556 855 

Tokyo is a city of contrasts. With mind-blowing technology and kooky characters it's easy to think you've stepped into the future. And then turn a corner and you're transported back in time to a quiet moment of cherry blossoms and traditional Japanese culture.

Departing Cairns from $729*, Sydney from $935*, Brisbane from $946*, Melbourne from $995*, Darwin from $1049*, Perth from $1129* and Adelaide from $1525*

See here for more Flights

Inclusions
Return economy class airfare
All applicable pre-paid airfare taxes

But we are also thinking of getting an around the world ticket and going onto england and europe, seeing as we are half way there anyway...

dru

TBH Brett, I can find very little tourist information on Kawasaki so I say there isn't much there considering it is part of the greater Tokyo area. my plan for Tokyo is sort of game day, a day trip to Fuji san and a day spent in and around Tokyo. I plan to visit the peace park and associated musems in Hiroshima as well as catch up with a few People I know in Okayama. Kurashiki near Okayama is worth a look as well, as is Osaka.

I haven't gone looking for the best fares, Since I'm a frequent flyer with qantas I'm using them and partner airlines as much as possible.

fishmum said:
But we are also thinking of getting an around the world ticket and going onto england and europe, seeing as we are half way there anyway...
My thoughts exactly, given my trip I may well be completly over it all by this game day. Be careful with around the world tickets as might not have the required segments to qualify for them only doing Japan and Europe

jarrad

Found flights on Jetstar for $830 return + 20kg checked luggage.

http://jetstar.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi

Anyone know of any hostels in or around Tokyo?

dru

Torres said:

Suggest you pick up a lonely planet guide as it will give you maps as well as options. Hostels in central Tokyo are going to cost you at least $50 a night.

Cheapest suburb for hostels is probably Asakusa (closer to Narita as well) and your still looking at $35 odd dollars a night for a dorm room

jarrad

dru said:
Torres said:

Suggest you pick up a lonely planet guide as it will give you maps as well as options. Hostels in central Tokyo are going to cost you at least $50 a night.

Cheapest suburb for hostels is probably Asakusa (closer to Narita as well) and your still looking at $35 odd dollars a night for a dorm room

Thanks a lot, would you know where to get one of those guides? Much appreciated.

dru

Torres said:
Thanks a lot, would you know where to get one of those guides? Much appreciated.

Dymocks, Angus and Robertson, some Newsagents (I got mine from one but then again this pokey town doesn't have a decent bookshop) and I've seen guides in some camping shops.

I have booked into this one for around game time. private 1 bed room for about $50 a night. Cash payment only on check in
http://www.khaosan-tokyo.com/en/ninja/rate.html

dibo

ally and i found that hostelworld was very handy - we booked at least a dozen times through them on our recent trip:

http://www.hostelworld.com/

assuming you're travelling solo, arriving on the 20th and staying 2 nights, this is what comes up.

serious14

dru said:

Rough Guides and Frommers >>>>>>>>> Lonely Planet.

Just sayin'.  ;)

dru

serious14 said:
dru said:

Rough Guides and Frommers >>>>>>>>> Lonely Planet.

Just sayin'.  ;)

I've never had a problem with Lonely Planet, Having said that My parents did a bang up job of a lot of Japan on the frommers guide and the suntours (i think it is) organised trips.

TBF it is a starting point, if you want it to be easy go see a travel agent, and at the end of the day your going to be better off immersing yourself in the local culture than doing anything a guide book or organised tour suggests.

jarrad

dibo said:
ally and i found that hostelworld was very handy - we booked at least a dozen times through them on our recent trip:

http://www.hostelworld.com/

assuming you're travelling solo, arriving on the 20th and staying 2 nights, this is what comes up.

Not sure how many are going yet, money being only issue to most.
Hoping to get 10-15, looking at 2 right now...
They have no Mariners pride... :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred