• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Perth

Mariner Girl

I think I've aged about 10 years watching that. But 1 point clear of Sydney and Qld means destiny is in our hands and we don't have rely on other results  :tophat:   Thank God for Danny tonight. :eek:verhead:

and our website has just been updated by benjamin also with the new ladder scores with us on 31 points so i feel our home page is more accurate as he is at the games typing away and updating every minuite of the game and till early hours of the morning plus returning personal emails and text messages

Leedsmariner

northernspirit said:
Our destiny is in our own hands now

That is the best thing to come out of this result

With Syd and Qld playing each other next weekend a win against Newcastle would be huge!

C

C U JIMMY

That was nothing short of pathetic, if we play like we did in the second half we will be dead ducks in the finals,  old Stan looked fresher than some of our boys and he has been out for a yr,  I just hope a few of the comeback players are not carrying injuries as they played like they were. Still a point is a point, thanks to Danny, AGAIN. :headbounce:

FFC Mariner

Just back from CCLC, reasonable turn out for 9pm on a Sunday and what a shit game.

1st half we were v comfortable, 2nd half, we didnt play at all and ended up lucky to get 1 pt.

With 2 of our MF coming back from injury in that heat, we were always going to struggle and both Hutcho and Owens will be much stronger next week.

Stringers was not brilliant (to put it nicely) and Boogs was magnificant as a stand in RB even though that isnt his usual position.

fedelta

Dissapointing, but 1 point is better than 0. Great performance from Boogs. Thank god for Danny :thumbup:

shipwreck

Did anyone notice Aloisi's header, toward the end of the game from Kwasniks cross, it was goal bound and "cleared" by Coyne but i could of sworn it was a handball? Anyone notice this, commentators didnt touch on it at all and because of the corner straight after there was only a short replay..

skilbeck

i prefer boogs at centre back, we were very exposed on the right hand side against old stan and especially when rukavystya came on.

fedelta

shipwreck said:
Did anyone notice Aloisi's header, toward the end of the game from Kwasniks cross, it was goal bound and "cleared" by Coyne but i could of sworn it was a handball? Anyone notice this, commentators didnt touch on it at all and because of the corner straight after there was only a short replay..

Yeah, I thought that was a handball too. The ref wouldn't have seen it anyway..

brett

In the second half we stopped trying to pass the ball anywhere except straight over the top to the strikers. We did well to pressure them and robbed possession all game but we didn't use it in a very smart way 2nd half.

In hindsight a sub or two to shake things up around the 5 or 10 minutes before their goal would have been good. At that point we seemed to lose concentration and energy, and definitely momentum.

Perth is a tricky trip and fact is it's now in our hands. If we want to be Premiers it's not up to luck, other results or goal difference to look after us, it's up to us to go out there and win some games. We've put ourselves in a position to do that now and if we put 180 minutes together like the patches we've shown at various times we'll walk it in.

fedelta

brett said:
Perth is a tricky trip and fact is it's now in our hands. If we want to be Premiers it's not up to luck, other results or goal difference to look after us, it's up to us to go out there and win some games. We've put ourselves in a position to do that now and if we put 180 minutes together like the patches we've shown at various times we'll walk it in.

Spot on. We will be back to full strength next week (except Heff) and this should have a positve impact on the boys. Lets show we want this Championship!

marinersman

Shocking game and a disappointing performance.

Not a lot to be happy about except the point which we were fortunate to get in the end.

When we're under the pump, we have to learn to slow the game down, keep possession and take the sting out of the oppositions momentum. We haven't done it several times this season and didn't do it again tonight.

In the end two points lost and a golden opportunity. I say two points lost not because of the way the game played out but because first v last should be three points.

I thought is was a dispassionate display by the boys. It didn't seem like there was a lot of hunger and desperation shown.

We need to lift massively if we are going to beat the scum and claim the Premiership.

It's time for the boys to stand and deliver.

kevrenor

My report from the couch in front of an Optus box, for what it is worth:

http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R19/R19-PGvsCC.htm

Wombat

kevrenor said:
My report from the couch in front of an Optus box, for what it is worth:

http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R19/R19-PGvsCC.htm

Thanks for the report.  Here's my 2 cents worth.

Defence was quite good. Ceckers looks good but not fully match fit. Boogs was very good and Wilko was much more solid. O'Grady looked much more in control than last week.
Danny saved our arse again.
Midfield did well up until 60 mins then completely dissolved and this allowed Perth to get at us.
Subs should have been made, Kwassie came on a was terrible again (apart from one superb  cross for J.A). Game was taylor made for Gumpey to come on to shore up the middle but our Brain's trust weren't very cerebral tonight.
hutcho's goal was quality.
Thought we were better than when we last played em for a 1.0 win.
MOM
3pts Boogs
2pts Jedi
1pt  Danny

Top of the League and ready for it to click together against Scum next week.

jaypee

I actually thought it was a carbon copy of all the other games we have played against Perth this year. No one here can honestly say we have deserved every win against them this year so I am happy with the point. That point could mean the difference in the end.

Danny was good - he wasn't tested that much
Defence - Wilko and Boogs played well, Stringers and Alvin a bit nervous at the start but both finished well.
Agree with Wombat re midfield however I would have thought Gumps would have been better to come on and play wide and create but also nullify their runs
Up front was good - couple of poor touches but lack of any real creativity hurt JA and Sash. That said Sash passing was much better....

CCM-JAM80

marinersman said:
Shocking game and a disappointing performance.

Not a lot to be happy about except the point which we were fortunate to get in the end.

When we're under the pump, we have to learn to slow the game down, keep possession and take the sting out of the oppositions momentum. We haven't done it several times this season and didn't do it again tonight.

In the end two points lost and a golden opportunity. I say two points lost not because of the way the game played out but because first v last should be three points.

I thought is was a dispassionate display by the boys. It didn't seem like there was a lot of hunger and desperation shown.

We need to lift massively if we are going to beat the scum and claim the Premiership.

It's time for the boys to stand and deliver.

You just saved me a whole lot of time.

To sit there and have to watch 90 minutes of some of the worst football at a professional level that I have seen was utterly painful and most frustrating. Danny Vukovic saved our skin and Boogs showed why in my opinion he has been our best player this season.

We got a point, we sit on top - we control our destiny now (again).

We have to improve by 100%, if we put up a similar showing against Newcastle, we will not stand a chance.

mustapha_beer

Could have been better, but could have been a lot worse too. A point is better than nothing, but it's still a shame we didn't take the opportunity to put a 3 point buffer between us and the rest.

I think Hutch hit the nail on the head in his post match interview when he said that 1-0 was never going to be enough. Speculation, I know, but I honestly think a 2nd would have knocked the stuffing out of Perth.

I don't think we played very well, but we avoided defeat. If we win next week, that should be it. They can't...repeat CAN'T beat Newcastle and then stuff up against Wellington...surely??!!

Positives - Danny looked very commanding, as did both Boogs & Ceccoli. Lack of pace in defence continues to be a worry...particularly against someone like Rukka-zzyzazxad@*!ic

Negatives - Repeated punts up the park the longer the game went on. Inability to keep possession, although I'd blame the midfield as much as the strikers for that.

Anyway, we're top again - let's stay there lads!    :eek:verhead:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
:popo: truth....if we put in a second half against the jests like we did against perth, that c**t Griffiths and his mates will kick lumps out of us.

Heres to that not happening ...LETS GO BOYS....TIME TO WIN THE MINOR  :popo:  :thumbup:  :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred