• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Perth

bjw

bjw
This game now so much more important after QLD and Sydney both winning and Melbourne beating us.

with Hutch, Owens, Vukovic and Kwasnik back in the squad we have a much better chance at beating perth.. this is probably now the most important game we'll play.. lose this and theres no way we can finish 1st (unless QLD and Sydney both stumble). Possible line ups?
and who the f**k is gonna play left back?

Bex

I don't know about left back. Perhaps O'Grady or Boogs? What do ya reckon?

jaypee

Remember Clarke and Vidmar are also out.....

So

Danny

Porter    Boogs  Wilko  O'Grady/Brown
Kwas  Hutch  Jedi  Tommy P
      Sash  JA

Bench - Trotty, Gumps, O'Grady/Brown and Simon

I am unsure at left back as whilst Browny had a shocker stringers wasn't much better. Both lacked match timing, the amount of poor tackles stringers pulled of worried me. Just not sure who at Left Back. I like Boogs in the middle and would prefer him to stay there.

Kwas was my other interesting one. I would prefer Greggo but as he is not available it was a coin toss between Gumps and Kwas, my feeling was start with Kwas and bring on Gumps in an impact role in second half....

brett

Boogs was most people's player of the season so far until he went out of the team. He must return to the centre of defence for the rest of the season.

Compared to jaypee I'd have Gumps on and Kwas on the bench. Just for a bit more continuity - I reckon with a game under his belt Gumps will be better this week.

Danny

Porter Wilko Boogs Browny
            Jedi
Gumps  Tommy Hutch
      Johnny  Sasho

Trott O'Grady Kwas Simon

jaypee

[Compared to jaypee I'd have Gumps on and Kwas on the bench. Just for a bit more continuity - I reckon with a game under his belt Gumps will be better this week.

[/quote]

I'm happy with Gumps or Kwas - my feeling was more that to be honest Kwas has been a bit of a waste as a sub whereas Gumps offers that X factor (maybe it the bald head factor).....

brett

jaypee said:
[Compared to jaypee I'd have Gumps on and Kwas on the bench. Just for a bit more continuity - I reckon with a game under his belt Gumps will be better this week. 

I'm happy with Gumps or Kwas - my feeling was more that to be honest Kwas has been a bit of a waste as a sub whereas Gumps offers that X factor (maybe it the bald head factor).....
[/quote]

Fair call but remember Kwas scored a goal last time he came on and even made a save as well!

~Floss~

I'm feeling more confident with Danny coming back after reading this:

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=ccfc_news_item&id=20883
"I think we havent had a clean sheet for a while, so I think that will be our main objective against Perth and if we can do that Im sure we can win the game, because we created a lot of chances and Im sure weve got the boys out there to put it in the back of the net."

"...were confident that we can get three wins from the last three games and if we do that Im sure we can finish top of the league."

pjennings

I think we need to stiffen the defence and I haven't liked Wilko in the centre this year. Browny had a shocker last week but rarely puts in two bad performances. So my team would be     

Danny

Wilko  Boogs  Jedi  Brown
Kwas  Hutch  Gumps  Tommy P
      Sash  JA

Bench - Trotty, Porter, O'Grady, Simon

FFC Mariner

I reckon it will be

Danny

Wilko Boogs Stringers Browny

Kwas Hutcho Jedi Tommy P

Saso JA

Bench: Trott, Porter, Gumps, Simon

grecquemariner

Im confused, at the top is says owens is coming back, is he or not??
Because if he is it makes a massive difference.
Danny
Wilko Boogs Jedi Brown
Owens  Hutch  Tommy  Kwas
Sash    Johny
Bench Trott, Porter, Gumps, Simon

brett

pjennings said:
I think we need to stiffen the defence and I haven't liked Wilko in the centre this year. Browny had a shocker last week but rarely puts in two bad performances. So my team would be     

Danny

Kwas  Hutch  Gumps  Tommy P
      Sash  JA

I think you will find moving Jedi from in front of the back four will weaken the team's defence, not strengthen it.

pjennings

brett said:
pjennings said:

Danny

Kwas   Hutch   Gumps   Tommy P
       Sash  JA

I think you will find moving Jedi from in front of the back four will weaken the team's defence, not strengthen it.

Wilko in the middle this year has been underwhelming and Stringers is way too rusty for such an important game. The two best central defenders have been a combo of Boogs and Viddy and since I can't have that I'd rather have Jedi back with Boogs and gumps filling in for him. Not ideal - but that's where we are at at the moment.   

marinersman

pjennings said:
brett said:
pjennings said:

Danny

Kwas   Hutch   Gumps   Tommy P
       Sash  JA

Wilko in the middle this year has been underwhelming and Stringers is way too rusty for such an important game. The two best central defenders have been a combo of Boogs and Viddy and since I can't have that I'd rather have Jedi back with Boogs and gumps filling in for him. Not ideal - but that's where we are at at the moment.   

I whole heartedly agree with this.

There's no way you can start Stringers. He's massively underdone and has only been a squad player for three seasons. Can't see him being re-signed for next year.

We're thin at the back, so I'm glad we're playing the most impotent attack in the A-League.

After last weeks debacle they boys will be fired up and there'll be no more crap again this season.

I think we'll smash them three or four nil with all the goals in the first half.

~Floss~

Luckily Perth's attack was woeful if not non-existent last week, and I hope that it's a long-term problem that they won't have been able to fix in a week.

Our defense on the other hand..... Danny & Boogs are back and fired up. Hopefully they and Lawrie will get stuck into Wilko and whichever other two are selected.

"I think we haven't had a clean sheet for a while, so I think that will be our main objective against Perth and if we can do that I'm sure we can win the game, because we created a lot of chances and I'm sure we've got the boys out there to put it in the back of the net."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred