• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Adelaide United Rd 24

Forum Phoenix

Second half was bloody awful. Don't really want to think about it, but we're lining up fro a game where Scum may get the chance to beat us at home handing us the wooden spoon after just having announced stealing our striker.

Agree with Gus, Okon's subs came too late today. Could see momentum had swung and we did nothing to counter it and then it was too late. Okon looked like his head was already thinking of next season to me.

As a fan, my own heart has moved on to next season as well. Don't think I'm the only one. Will follow the last games as ever, but it's become hard yakka once again.

Club has a job ahead turning things around.

My season best performer goes to Dan the membership man. Gracious, ever helpful and doesn't miss a beat. Great asset to the club. After today, maybe forget Roy, just don't f**k Dan's new contract up please.

Last edited:

true believer

1. Bad time slot.
2. We are shit.
3. Club didnt sign anyone in Jan after saying they would...so no excitement.
4. Battle of the Wooden spoon doesn't rate well.
5. Rumours the club is impotently standing buy while one of its better players leaves for free.
The total lack of inertia Is chilling

Ancient Mariner

Very disappointing.

A few observations. Our defence had that massive lapse again, and allowed three quick goals. Like it used to before Posco came back.

Where was Posco? He is the only true CB in the club apart from Faty.

My info had Newcastle after him in Jan. and the club prepared to let him go, but he wanted to stay. Now I read he has not been approached about next year, a worry.

Rose is looking good in the position but needs someone good with him.

Roy reminds me of the fans, plays with hope and enthusiasm, but it is fast running out.

Appiah looked good last night.

We have a good bunch of youngsters who have been coached well to the limit of their current experience. The team does not have the experience to change tactics. We are one dimensional and easily and are now easily read by oppositions. We have speed but desperately need some more experienced players to control the game and utilise that speed.

I think there are many of us waiting for next season, players as well.

MrCelery

I blame that crap Elvis dirge. The team must take the first line too seriously. Only fools rush in... to challenge for a header.

Seriously though, I thought we were definitely worth the half time lead. Apiah was on fire. Sadly he had little support when it mattered. Corners were again woeful, underlined by how good Adelaide's were. Second half was a shambles. Apart from the penalty kick, Roy was well contained and was mostly invisible.

For next year's Inflatable Round:
spoon_1024x1024.png

Holy

Disappointed doesn't even come close to how I feel about last night. It was such a lacklustre performance on so many fronts, from players, coaching staff and fans.

I wish there was something positive to say, but I can't find it, has the life been sucked out of all and sundry.

Just announce who's going and who's staying and stop prolonging the agony.

And there better be more fight when we play the jets, them handing us a defeat and the wooden spoon at the same time will be almost too much to bare

Big Al

To many missed opportunities, balls into the box just aimless.

Way better team in first half but didn't capitalise.

2nd half reeked of head dropping, lack of fight and who's organising the end of year piss up and we better have it quick as a few guys will be elsewhere. Also first sight of the 6 is gone so why bother.

Goals at 55, 60 and 65. Ten minutes cost us a winnable must win game and first goal was the sort we conceded last year.

Paul himself seemed to lack any interest, instead of making a change at 2-1 he just sat there (very TW not Paulo). He seemed like why bother half these guys are shit and won't be playing next year.

Fab had a run into the box at full tilt and tried some tricky shit and lost the ball. Come on I know you got skills but just play properly, was ineffective again but at least showed fight and disappointment when things weren't happening.

Pain is the new Fab, Hot and cold, flashy and lazy on defence. More than a couple of times spent time whining instead of getting back into position. He was ok, not great not shit today.

Appiah had his best game, causing turnovers on defence and leading breaks, just has a horrible touch and bad decision making, might be because he's going so fast. He always seems out of control. Beautiful header, plays with heart and I'd say our best today.

Upset at bringing Bingham on so late then hitting high long balls to him, going over his head half the time and out. Put him in the middle if going to do that.

Also thought Galloway was good in attack especially in 1st half

Big Al

96.3 radio said SBS have tweeted Roux to resign and we've made an offer to Kennedy from the scummers
Think Kennedy has looked ordinary and just because Nash played with him sounds terrible.

Also coming of an Achilles injury at 30, no way have we not learnt anything from Taveras. If Newcastle don't want him why should we. Come on poor in my eyes

Holy

Think Kennedy has looked ordinary and just because Nash played with him sounds terrible.

Also coming of an Achilles injury at 30, no way have we not learnt anything from Taveras. If Newcastle don't want him why should we. Come on poor in my eyes
100%, if we are looking at Kennedy, it says 1 of 2 things:

1. We have no money to spend and are looking at another stop gap measure to fill a position

2. We have learnt nothing from the pain of the last couple of years.

Shaun said we can't make the same recruitment mistakes again, so here's hoping the Kennedy thing is just media beat up

Pirate Pete

Did Monty get booked so he sits out next week.
That way he gets to play vs the scummers..... after announcing his retirement?

Last night was the most disappointed I've been about us losing for some time.
Some of the losses this season (Sydney for instance) I've come away thinking
we're making progress.

But dropping down to bottom and staring at the wooden spoon now.....
icon_cry.gif

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Who knew that when the spotlights hit our defence at a certain angle they turned into f**kin statues ....twice
First twenty was fairly interesting, lots of to and fro.....then total utter bollocks ensued until the penalty which appeared to wake up the boys but the barrels wasted time until the nitwit with the whistle had enough and wanted to go check his Sportsbet account.....not fkn happy at all ....what odds two spoons on the resume
Oh and MoM was Scotty Galloway

Last edited:

ballantyne

Very reminiscent of last game last year: a must-win where we conceded in under a minute.
This time we weren't so demoralised but it really showed how we're only strong for half a game.
Dispiriting. We had one job: not to come last.

pjennings

I blame that crap Elvis dirge.
It's fair to say that that that 'anthem hasn't taken off. Why do anthem's work? Buggered if I know - but this one hasn't. I know this has been hashed and re-hashed but I started thinking about it when I was writing in the squad thread.

To pick up on a theme I just made in the squad thread. We were not supposed to be the best team . We just had the best coach, the best youth and the right older experienced players. We are different. Our model is different.. We just have to do it right. OUR WAY.

I'd like to rework the first two lines of My Way

to

And now the team is near
And their might they'll be ascertin'

My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I've travelled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each chartered course
Each careful step along the by-way
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all
And I stood tall
And did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh, no, no not me
I did it my way

For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes, it was my way

Imagine a bombastic rendition of this - with a montage of our highlights, including National Team and overseas highlights of our alumni. I would also include some of the lowlights, showing how much the losses hurt as part of the "Regrets, I've had a few But then again too few to mention".

I'd keep the rest of it the same. That way it works for a squad member, a manager, the staff, the members and the fans.

Big Al

Big loss considering Jets just got pummelled.

3 games to go

Jets 22 points, -18 GD
AU 21 points, -20 GD
CCM 20 points, -18 GD

Wombat

Kennedy is slightly above a mug.....great on a good day, woeful on a bad one. Slightly better than Ivan but NOT starting 11 standard. Ivan and Kennedy are Pasfield level back up keepers.

If Mikey the Pikey and Paul think he is what we are after they can do one.

nebakke

Agree with most of it, but Pain was one of our top players tonight I thought.
I actually thought Adelaide's defence was pretty terrible as well, but our forwards just weren't attacking, weren't exploring weaknesses or drawing players away.

The really frustrating thing, for mine, was that I don't think Adelaide deserved to get anything out of that game - on balance... It's just... We didn't really either, but I think we "didn't deserve it" slightly less than them - if that makes any sort of sense.
I guess what I'm getting at is, everyone were shite, we were less shite, except for where it counted, where they clearly weren't as shite... JJust so immensely frustrating...

Big Al

The really frustrating thing, for mine, was that I don't think Adelaide deserved to get anything out of that game - on balance... It's just... We didn't really either, but I think we "didn't deserve it" slightly less than them - if that makes any sort of sense.
I guess what I'm getting at is, everyone were shite, we were less shite, except for where it counted, where they clearly weren't as shite... JJust so immensely frustrating...
We went to sleep for first 20mins of second half. Think we deserved to loose. We were better in first half but couldn't convert.
That Fab shot that went through Eugine and bobbled wide summed up the season. So close but frustratingly not quite there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami