• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Adelaide United Rd 24

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

FFA, in all their wisdom, decided to interview and promote last weeks' AU game on the website.
Seriously, could they be any more clueless?
We have a game where the match was decided from an act of violent conduct and a grievous referee error from a rather unsporting act. One team's coaching staff is facing possible criminal charges for allegedly attacking the other team's coaching staff, another facing discipline for post-match referee abuse, and the referee was also conned by a disgusting dive, and they not only promote this game as a great sign of Adelaide's 'grit and determination', but interview the cheating scumbag who took the dive to do it?

It's hard to imagine anything more clueless from this mob.

dibo

Ok but what's your opinion
Should he play or not?
If he's in the best form on the training track he'll be picked, I expect. He's on our payroll, he'll be expected to do a job. And if he's picked, people who want to put up #IzzoOut banners or boo him should go to the movies instead.

Big Al

If he's in the best form on the training track he'll be picked, I expect. He's on our payroll, he'll be expected to do a job. And if he's picked, people who want to put up #IzzoOut banners or boo him should go to the movies instead.
Would you be happy if he gets picked?
I'll definitely boo if he is picked, I won't go overboard and i certainly will have more fun doing that than the movies.
The team will regret it if they pick him and he makes a mistake. I don't think he'd do it deliberately but he will cop a lot of criticism as will the club if happens.

dibo

I'm happy to let the coaches and players do their jobs, and I think you should go to the movies.

Big Al

I'm happy to let the coaches and players do their jobs, and I think you should go to the movies.
Get of the fence, you criticise others for putting out our opinions, thats fine its a forum but give us your thoughts. None of this political bull. Have an opinion. Just say yeah im happy for him to play i think he'll play to impress or he's better than Ivan even with doubts on his commitment or do you agree he shouldn't play but not with the booing or you don't care if he plays or not you just don't want our players criticised?

Pirate Pete

I won't be happy if he's picked. I won't be abusing him, but I won't be happy.
I thought Ivan did enough in the Sydney game to warrant another chance.
I would say if Ivan doesn't play that would signal he's not in Okon's plans for next season. Just my opinion

Big Al

I won't be happy if he's picked. I won't be abusing him, but I won't be happy.
I thought Ivan did enough in the Sydney game to warrant another chance.
I would say if Ivan doesn't play that would signal he's not in Okon's plans for next season. Just my opinion
On podcast he seemed keen to play on and sort of felt he'd like it to be here.

nebakke

Would you be happy if he gets picked?
I'll definitely boo if he is picked, I won't go overboard and i certainly will have more fun doing that than the movies.

Well - that's one way of making sure that he won't perform at his best then isn't it? Wtf would you do that for? What exactly would you get out of that?
I mean, by all accounts he's gone any way so he won't be getting picked next season... And bearing in mind that noone's confirmed anything officially yet, on the tiny chance that he isn't actually leaving - that sort of thing certainly wouldn't help anything either.

nebakke

Thing is though - going on the selection process when Ivan lost the #1 spot, Ivan should still be keeper based on how well he performed against Sydney, no?

Ancient Mariner

Has there been any official announcement yet as to his departure?

There seems to be a lynch mob here, rushing in before all the evidence is in.

Fishsdad

There seems to be a lynch mob here, rushing in before all the evidence is in.

Don't really think it's a "lynch mob" AM, perhaps just two or three. I gave my opinion earlier in the thread, stating that I would absolutely not join in any booing, and defending his right to make the move. My post received 8 x 'Agrees' and 2 x 'Likes' which is not only by far the biggest response to one of my posts, but indicates there are at least ten on this forum that will not be part of any lynch mob.

FFC Mariner

Ivan seemed very confident on the podcast - referring to himself as the number 1 keeper.
After his performance against Sydney, you would expect him to play and render "Izzogate" irrelevant.

Roys disinterest worries me more

Wombat

A source told me today that it is unlikely that Roy will be here next season...due to money. He also told me Roy would have had 20 Goals with a proper #10.
He also said we would have made the 6 with an experienced Centre Back.
He also said Paul Okon is a quality coach and reiterated that Paul is many levels above Mossy and Tony who "were out of their depth".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred