• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Adelaide United Rd 24

midfielder

No need to say how important this game is... especially after the logie winning dive giving AU a win in the dying seconds...

Yoda

No need to say how important this game is... especially after the logie winning dive giving AU a win in the dying seconds...
As usual, the referee absolutely bottled it.

Surely a free kick to Brisbane, yellow card for McGowan for the love cuddle from behind and a red for Theo for the elbow was the correct decision?

That decision definitely makes it a must win this weekend. Perhaps the FFA could have trialled the video decision system in this game, being as it has very little consequence on the table, other than who will probably pick up the spoon.

Big Al

Is the AU assistant going to be fit for duty?

Must not lose game but need a win to catch those filthy Jets

No Izzo under no circumstances can he play.

Image he stuffs up with the whole world knowing he is AU bound.

Time for the Izzo out sign

Fishsdad

No Izzo under no circumstances can he play.
Image he stuffs up with the whole world knowing he is AU bound.
Time for the Izzo out sign

Totally agree that Izzo cannot be in the run-on team for this match.

But after the season he has had for us and the number of times he has kept us competing, we should absolutely refrain from any abusive signage or chants. Like all other players he is a professional football, with a limited number of playing years, and he has to make the best of them. And he is still a very young man; the security of living and playing in his home city with family and friends may be a major factor.

I for one will be treating him with respect.

Big Al

But after the season he has had for us and the number of times he has kept us competing, we should absolutely refrain from any abusive signage or chants. Like all other players he is a professional football, with a limited number of playing years, and he has to make the best of them. And he is still a very young man; the security of living and playing in his home city with family and friends may be a major factor.

Logic has no place in being a fano_O

He was on fox pregame maybe Friday night as the nab young player nominee or something and as we saw his face both me and the missus ripped in and he will hear more of the same.
I know I'm wrong but it makes me feel good:D

He came here for a chance, we gave it to him and ge stuffed it and then we gave him another chance and he took it with a grudge

finally retired

whilst I agree with most of your sentiments here...I disagree with the first point. If Okon thinks Izzo is the better keeper then he absolutely must be the starting keeper. Over the course of this season Izzo has shown he IS the best we have ans we MUST win this game. But if Okon thinks Izzo's head is not in the right frame then Ivan has to start.

Forum Phoenix

Izzo on balance has had a great year for us. But Ivan should start. Outstanding last game, Izzo signed for our opposition and looked half way out the door in the last one he started. No brainer I think.

Gratis

I think Ivan is the better keeper. He hasn't had enough game time in recent years to really build consistency but his decisions, reflexes and composure are all ahead of Izzo for mine

FFC Mariner

Izzo can't be allowed to play if he has already signed for our opponents.
The stick he could get if they score will be immense and he is a sensitive boy you know :)

dibo

It's that kind of shit that ensured we were never a hope of keeping him.

Nicely done, everyone.

Tevor

Nicely done, everyone.
I think he used us as a spring board and it's worked well for him, good luck to him and wish him well. Time will tell if he becomes a great keeper. I'm for Ivan for the rest of the season and if he has signed not sure why the club is trying to keep it secret.

Wombat

Nicely done, everyone.

He copped shit because he was pathetic last season. He didnt have one clean sheet and his goalkeeping on free kicks was sub Trott. His decision making was also terrible. He deserved every brick bat he got. Bray showed far more in his 1 cameo.

This season after Ivan imploded at Bling we held our breath when he was given a chance. The improvement was huge.
I think he deserves player of the year this season but i would not trust him after the last game as he is fragile and now he has signed for Adelaide he appears to have switched off.
Im impressed by him this season but he would NOT have been my starting keeper next year, but rather a solid understudy.

He is a callow young man but does show potential.

Gratis

He copped shit because he was pathetic last season. He didnt have one clean sheet and his goalkeeping on free kicks was sub Trott. His decision making was also terrible. He deserved every brick bat he got. Bray showed far more in his 1 cameo.

This season after Ivan imploded at Bling we held our breath when he was given a chance. The improvement was huge.
I think he deserves player of the year this season but i would not trust him after the last game as he is fragile and now he has signed for Adelaide he appears to have switched off.
Im impressed by him this season but he would NOT have been my starting keeper next year, but rather a solid understudy.

He is a callow young man but does show potential.
Mostly agree with this. Last year he was under tremendous pressure with our terrible defence and he wasn't quite there yet in terms of being able to handle it. Essentially he was a part of that terrible defence.
He has improved considerably - as have our defensive players - (excluding Galloway who came in and has been great).

He has now actively chosen to leave the team - there is zero benefit to us playing him any further, just risks. Ivan showed us he is more than capable to do the job as well (and imo better) than Izzo can right now anyway.

Farewell Izzo, no hard feelings, all the best, but I don't want to see you in between the sticks again this season

shipwreck

I don't get the Izzo sympathisers, with all due respect, he was shit and only kept playing because we had literally no other option. This greatly benefited him as he basically got a free run in the highest league in Australia to learn his trade and improve, where as at any other club he wouldn't have that luxury. Being abused by fans who know you don't deserve to be there *yet* should be expected.

If Walmsley stayed in and miraculously had a decent season the next to be then signed as coach of Adelaide, would you forget everything about how abysmal he was and then run to his side defending his decision to leave for another club due his abuse from the fans?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Abused online is one thing and Izzo should know to not actively seek out those posts (though there's a question of whether the club provides enough support for the psychological development of these young players. Maybe they do -that's why I said it's just a question). Abusing him on the street is a scum act. I can forgive any player being upset about that. But for being upset about online criticism? Nope, our right as fans is to be highly critical - and he was underperforming. It's great to see that he's not, but even he knows he's a different player.

But it's up to each individual as to how they interpret the reasons for the move.

I'm not convinced it is that risky playing him with Adelaide - it's a normal thing to know players are leaving and they don't normally get benched for that reason. And he is still our best keeper - but if Okon wants to give another keeper some experience I can understand that.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred