• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Adelaide United Rd 24

Forum Phoenix

Dropping Posc clearly hurt us. Second half we fell apart. AU have been beyond poor this year, clear difference though, we've typically had better interplay and speed on the break, but they have players capable of consistently hitting good balls in. Which killed us. Because A) we're little. B) We're not aggressive. And C) we don't have a true CB yet – though Rose is doing very well for mine. Just needs time, and someone big and experienced next to him. Boy how different I think our season would have been if we just had Wilko. Sydneys too if they didn't for that matter. We should have broken the bank. But we lost Faty. Lost Posc. And it was painful again.

Disagree with Kennedy being better than Ivan. Don't rate Kennedy at all, and his hair cuts alone disqualify him from ever wearing yellow.

pjennings

Dropping Posc clearly hurt us. Second half we fell apart. AU have been beyond poor this year, clear difference though, we've typically had better interplay and speed on the break, but they have players capable of consistently hitting good balls in. Which killed us. Because A) we're little. B) We're not aggressive. And C) we don't have a true CB yet – though Rose is doing very well for mine. Just needs time, and someone big and experienced next to him. Boy how different I think our season would have been if we just had Wilko. Sydneys too if they didn't for that matter. We should have broken the bank. But we lost Faty. Lost Posc. And it was painful again.

Disagree with Kennedy being better than Ivan. Don't rate Kennedy at all, and his hair cuts alone disqualify him from ever wearing yellow.

Wow - I had assumed he was injured. Cannot understand that at all.

Ancient Mariner

Paolo said in his post match interview, that we clearly missed Posco's leadership at the back. It did not sound to me like he was dropped.

Forum Phoenix

Sorry everyone. I should have said missing - been busy and caught nothing apart from the game itself - was not even really thinking dropped.

I've been a big advocate of Posc, but with all we've been through, I'm not sure we can gamble on him for another year. We desperately need quality and consistency at the back.

Pirate Pete

I think I mentioned in the Squad thread that he was on the radio at half time and said
he hadn't heard a word about a contract for next season.

Wombat

I think I mentioned in the Squad thread that he was on the radio at half time and said
he hadn't heard a word about a contract for next season.

More stupid work by the Mariners. Under the dross served up under Moss we won a couple of games on the trot purely because of Matt Simon and then we let him go at the end of the season.
Our back 4 are as weak as piss this season again and then Posco returns and we win 3 on the trot. Hopefully the brains trust (lol) are not so stupid the 2nd time around.
Posco needs to be resigned. Cut Faty, McGing and Ascroft.

Fishsdad

Our back 4 are as weak as piss this season again and then Posco returns and we win 3 on the trot. Hopefully the brains trust (lol) are not so stupid the 2nd time around.
Posco needs to be resigned. Cut Faty, McGing and Ascroft.

Agree, but I was under the impression that McGing and Ascroft have contracts until the end of next season. Can anyone confirm?

Big Al

Agree, but I was under the impression that McGing and Ascroft have contracts until the end of next season. Can anyone confirm?
Yes they do, but McGing is back in at DM where he belongs and would be an adequate back up. Posco may just loose out on the fact we still have those two for next year and they can be the back up CB's. So Posco might have to go just based on that. Can't have 3 backup CB's

Wombat

Same injury from the start of the season.
He needs to come see Dr Dow at East Gosford Thai Massage.
She can help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred