• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Ozhammer

Tom Smithies is reporting in today’s Telegraph that TBT had a ‘if Okon goes, I go’ clause in his contract that he has now activated. Anyone know if this has any truth to it?

localpom

Tom Smithies is reporting in today’s Telegraph that TBT had a ‘if Okon goes, I go’ clause in his contract that he has now activated. Anyone know if this has any truth to it?
He won't go unless someone else wants him. No way he will probably even make the bench for most sides.

shipwreck

I don't understand why a local central coast lad wouldn't want to play for us over loyalty to a mediocre Western Sydney based coach... Doesn't add up.

Ancient Mariner

I suspect Okon told a lot of these kids how good they were and many mistakenly believed him.
If he does not want to be here let him go. He is fast but needs to learn some skills and has a way to go if he ever wants to be A league standard.

FFC Mariner

If the clause is true, and he has chosen to activate it - don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Stay and fight, or f**k off.
Being able to run very very fast with zero end product isnt really what SFC need

Maybe he will go the Europe with Hoole

Coastalraider

If that is his attitude, I hope he gets splinters in his arse from the amount of time he will sit on the SFC bench.

I can see why a good youngster may want to leave for a big club, but he has a long way to go before he is ready for game time at a big club.

localpom

If that is his attitude, I hope he gets splinters in his arse from the amount of time he will sit on the SFC bench.

I can see why a good youngster may want to leave for a big club, but he has a long way to go before he is ready for game time at a big club.
If he wants to go then he must go.....we can only have fighters here now. Still a couple of seasons away from been an A league starting player and the only real disappointment would be losing a local player. Opens the door for another.

yorkshireman

I think with several players (mainly Hoole and Melling), this season was riddled with errors and cheap turnovers as they were pissed at the rest of the team in certain situations and tried to force something to happen by pushing too hard. Looking at Hoole in particular, he nearly always looks for the pass at the right time but when he looks up and sees static players ahead of him, he seems to flick the "f' em switch" and try and do it all himself. Melling similar, Brama did the same but instead of the switch, he hit the self destruct button.

I'm hoping that MM will prove to be a coach who doesn't want to be their friend and forces them to put in the hard yards. Time and again we are too static in the front third with no pre-emptive runs being made ( reactive rather than proactive) and I can see us improving greatly (both as a team and as individuals) if they are forced to "work till they puke".

Anyone heard any more on the DDS to Sydney rumour? As said in an earlier post, he has been MASSIVELY disappointing this season and I for one wouldn't shed a tear if he was part of a swap deal. (They can have Okon for free as part of the package).

finally retired

Anyone heard any more on the DDS to Sydney rumour? As said in an earlier post, he has been MASSIVELY disappointing this season and I for one wouldn't shed a tear if he was part of a swap deal. (They can have Okon for free as part of the package).
sorry yorkshireman....I have to disagree on DDS...I thought he was a really good player for us....and I for one would be VERY disappointed if he left.

yorkshireman

sorry yorkshireman....I have to disagree on DDS...I thought he was a really good player for us....and I for one would be VERY disappointed if he left.
No need to be sorry, I know people who think he was average and others who think he was one of our worst (particularly with effort). everyone is different but his heart wasn't in it, that was clear after about round 4 when he was virtually non existent. If it wasn't for the fact we are only paying a small part of his wages, he'd be a very expensive flop this season, we scored as many last year with Blake at 10.

Wombat

Trent leaving coz Okon is is honestly the strangest clause in a football contract l have ever heard.

Sounds like a complete load of bollocks. TBT was on the fringes of Okon squad so why have a love in with a coach that doesn't really rate u?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred